NETIZEN

By AmariOkito

The media destroyed her life, and Seo Hye Mi seeks revenge. NETIZEN, a website where one can expose or reveal... More

>ChAracTer InSPirAtioNs<
거짓말 하지마*
RIP
TWO GIRLS
USERNAME
NET MANIA
LOGIN
VULTURES
PASSWORD
INTRUDER
MENTOR
MAD GENERATION
HACK 101
FLY OR DIE
NETIZEN: AWAKENING
ChaRacTeRs EXtenSioN 0
BACK TO BLACK
HUMMINGBIRD
ERROR 504: GATEWAY TIMEOUT
GHOST
ERROR 503: TEMP SERVICE MAINTENANCE
LUNCH
ERROR 401: UNAUTHORIZED
ATTITUDE
SPYWARE
CRAZY FAN
DOUBLE MIX
OCR: OPTICAL CHARACTER RECOGNITION
EVIL MAID ATTACK
LETS EATS
RANDOM ACCESS MEMORIES
GONE GIRL
PAUSE
.BUG
LEE BUM MI ALL KILL
NEW MISSION
NIRVANA BLUE
SPIDER MAN
L REBOOT
GLITCHED
KITTY KAT
MOUSE TRAP
MALWARE
PLOT
REAL USER
BIRTHDAY
THE DARK
THE KNIGHT
ALIVE
.NONCE
VIRUS
TROJAN HORSE
PRETTY LITTLE IDOLE
#ERROR 400: BAD REQUEST
FLoPPY DiSks
ATtriBUtiOn
ENGAGEMENT
PiXeL L
ZeRo-DaY I
ZeRo-DaY II
BaD MeMEs
101
HELP DESK
GaME STaRT
FiXxIT
#Error 500
INTERNAL AFFAIRS
#Error 404: AcEdia
IcON
WITNESS
BiTBLT
BLACK
PAUSE
DEADLOCK
WYSIWYG
SySteM ShuTdOwN

MINK

13 5 0
By AmariOkito

Seoul, Korea

Three years ago

Kyung Gi didn't think he would come back to Korea that year except for his sister's birthday. His father's call saying he wished to tell him something important made Kyung Gi get on the first flight back to Seoul. Scared, the man prayed during the trip that the news didn't concern a family member's health. Above all, he hoped it would not involve his sister.

Kyung Gi was lucky; his job didn't contradict his father's ambition. Even though people thought Kyung Gi had a carefree life, he was a serious businessman. A workaholic Kyung Gi partied little and tried to have a healthy lifestyle: lots of sleep, no alcohol, and one girlfriend. Recently, he found someone with whom he could share his passion for music; he was happy.

A chauffeur awaited at Incheon and drove him straight home where his father waited. The older man wasted no time. He wanted to finish talking to Kyung Gi before Hye Mi arrived from school.

The whole family reunited in the library, where even the house employees couldn't hear.

Seo Kwan Gi didn't beat around the bush and went directly to the facts, "I have Alzheimer, it's been more than a year Director Hong said it would progress slowly, but it seems I've attained a few stages quicker than excepted," he said looking at the notes he had taken.

"Yeobo," Sae Ha exclaimed in horror.

Kyung Gi stayed silent as he analyzed his father's words. He was used to his father's pranks, but seeing the older man's grave and worn-out face, he understood it wasn't a hoax.

"Yeobo, otoké?" [Honey, how come] his wife said.

"I don't remember things; at first, it was little things, but now unless I write them down, I just don't remember. The problem is I can't run Satellite. It's just technically impossible, and that's why I need you, Kyung Gi. I don't want the board to take over." The old man sighed before continuing, "and there's something else, I don't know what is going on. There are conflicts within the company."

"Abeoji, there have always been internal conflicts between artists. There's nothing new there."

"No, Kyung Gi, it's different. There is something bad going on."

"Who does it involve?"

"The girls Mad E and Song Ki."

Sae Ha gasped as she realized her husband committed an error when saying the artist's names. She noticed these mistakes, but she had taken them for a simple slipping of the tongue. Never would she have dared imagine her husband suffered from memory loss.

"Otoké Kwan Gi, how are we going to live? What are we going to tell our Hye Mi she is barely coming out of her shell? Oh saesaenghae," Sae Ha looked at the room's ceiling, searching for an answer.

Kyung Gi tried to be more pragmatic, " abeoji, what exactly do you want me to do?"

"Find out what's going on, fire whoever you need to, and take over Satellite."

It was easier said than done.

Where was he to start? Yet Kyung Gi reassured his father, "don't worry, abeoji, I'll find out what's going on."

Seo Kwan Gi also had another request; he wished his son to film him for Hye Mi. The man desired his daughter to remember him in good health. So they would do videos for her, which Kyung Gi would give Hye Mi for her birthday, and as modern times demanded, everything would be on a USB key.

After the discussion, the older man retired to his room, unable to do the paperwork for his company.

Kyung Gi sat and talked with his mother, "how is Hye Mi?" Kyung Gi asked his mother, who still wiped a few tears.

"Hye Mi is fine; she has even made a few friends. A girl called In-Soo. Your sister has changed. I was scared she would shut herself in after Kang's son left definitely, but she's becoming a young lady. All this will break her heart," Sae Ha said, sniffing.

"I'm here now, mom. Don't worry; I'm here."

A few hours later, it was a scrawny bob-haired Hye Mi who hugged her brother like crazy unaware of the sadness behind everyone's smile, "Oppa."

"Nae, Hye Mi, I'm home."

"How long are you staying? Why didn't you call? What did you bring me?"

Kyung Gi could only confirm what his mother said. Hye Mi changed for the better. He was happy to see her joyful and talkative. And like the rest of his family, he didn't want her to close herself up with bad news, "hmm, I didn't have time to buy you something, but I swear I'll make it up to you."

"I'm happy you are here. It's more than enough."

That's how Hye Mi was under her silent appearance; the girl was love. Hye Mi had so much to spare, Kyung Gi's heart broke under her hug as he thought about the secret he kept from her.

Dinner was lively, and they laughed as usual at Kyung Gi's stories. It was the next day that the serious work began.

Kyung Gi went to Satellite; the climate, as his father explained, was not welcoming. The producer spent the morning sorting out album release issues. He watched disastrous dance practices and assisted in a cutthroat meeting. The CEO was right; something was wrong.

"I haven't seen Han Song Hi, where is she?" Kyung Gi asked an assistant.

"She is sick, Sir."

"Sick, what is she suffering from? Did we send a doctor?"

The assistant stammered.

"Please, have my car ready in 5 minutes."

"Yes, Sir."

Kyung Gi was going to check for himself.

What could the 17-year-old Star have to stop her from coming to rehearsals?

Kyung pulled up at Song Gi's apartment as the idol arrived in a car, neither the agency's nor her own. What shocked the man was she looked like someone coming from vacation.

The car drove off, and Song Hi climbed the stairs with her bags.

"Song Hi."

"Oppa, ーI mean producer Seo, what I mean, how come? ーaren't you supposed to be in New York or Europe?"

"What are you doing? Where did you just come from? The office said you were sick," Kyung Gi said, ignoring the idol's questions.

"I-I," Song Hi was stuck. She couldn't say she had spent the weekend with Kwon Jin in Macao.

"I went to see my mother."

"And she brought you all these presents?" Kyung Gi said, looking at the DIOR, Channel, and LOEWE packages she had on her, "listen, Song Hi, I don't know what you are up to, but you better stop. You are under contract, and you must respect it. Drop your bags; you've got 5 minutes to come back down and come to the office with me.

The young woman executed the order, sending a message to Kwon Jin briefly explaining the situation.

The message made Kwon Jin cringe; he decided to take the producer by surprise by calling him later that same day.

"Yeoboseyo, ah Kwon Jin... yes, I'm in Korea. How did you guess?"

"Telepathy, you are like a twin brother for me."

"In that case, I'm the better half," Kyung Gi answered, laughing.

Kwon Jin laughed half-heartedly before pursuing the conversation, "what brings you here?"

"Oh, I will talk about it when we meet."

"Okay then, I'm free tonight for a catch-up. How about you?"

"Kol."

"Great, well, see you tonight, let's say 9 PM at La Scala."

"Okay, see you there."

As Kyung Gi hung up, he couldn't stop himself from thinking Kwon Jin's call was anything but a coincidence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.8K 1.2K 35
◉⁠‿⁠◉ ( COMPLETED ) ◉⁠‿⁠◉ 𝙷𝚎𝚢 𝚌𝚞𝚙𝚌𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊𝚝𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝...
26.8K 1.2K 13
"she looks too fragile " said the siren eyes one while sitting in front of the young girl who was in her black loose suite, she smirked leaning towa...
23.7K 1.6K 75
J͟͟͟͞͞͞e͟͟͟͞͞͞n͟͟͟͞͞͞n͟͟͟͞͞͞i͟͟͟͞͞͞e͟͟͟͞͞͞. To many, I am a myth. The 'Kiss of Death', a hired killer, revered by some of the greatest criminal orga...