THE CONTRACT (The Chosen Seri...

Par knightwaters

{MATURE +18} I am strong, I am resilient, I am fire... ***************************************************... Plus

AUTHORS NOTE & CHARACTER GUIDE
LUNCH DATE
WE ARE FAMILY
BURN BABY BURN
EVEN DOVES CRY
COCK BLOCK
WHERE ARE YOU NOW
FIDO
MO THINE
BITCH PLEASE
JUST ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE
HOW TO BREAK A BOND
BUSTED
CHECKMATE
COINS
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
YOU'RE A WIZARD
PAIN AT FIRST SIGHT
WANNA PLAY
I REALLY NEED YOU TONIGHT
DONT HATE ME TOMORROW
LAST CHRISTMAS I GAVE YOU MY HEART
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS
A CHRISTMAS KICK IN THE BALLS
TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE
BLACK HOLE
CRUZE THE NIGHT AWAY
BORN TO RUN
DANCING ON MY OWN
HOT SHOWER
STRONGER
HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN
WHO'S THAT GIRL
YOUR SECRETS AND LIES
HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF
SAVAGE GARDEN
TAKE MY BREATH AWAY
BESTIES
I NEED A HERO
THE FIRST TIME EVER IS SAW YOUR FACE
YELLOW BRICK ROAD
IF YOU JUST SMILE
I JUST CALLED TO SAY...
PRETTY WOMAN
YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL
HOME SWEET HOME
MY HEART IS YOURS
HERE'S A STORY - OF A MAN NAMED BRADY
AT LAST, MY LOVE HAS COME ALONG
IT'S TOO LATE TO APOLOGIZE
FIGHT FOR YOU
I'LL STAND BY YOU
EPILOGUE
SNEEK PEAK

DO MONSTER'S CRY

3.9K 253 45
Par knightwaters

My heart skips a beat as I take him in for the first time in weeks. His once-wild curly hair is now neatly trimmed, and his beard is closely groomed, yet they fail to conceal the almost feral look in his eyes.

"Mo Thine," he breathes, his yellow eyes flashing, his words sending a pulse of need through my body.

"My apologies, Mr. Brady. I had no idea she was one of yours," Mr. Chocolate says, holding up his hands and taking a step back.

"I'm not."

"She's not."

We say simultaneously, causing the man beside me to look confused. Placing the pool cue on the table and draining his glass, he offers me a sheepish smile and continues to back away, exiting the bar quicker than a teenager trying to get out of doing their chores.

"What do you think you are?"

"What are you doing, Erin?"

Speaking over each other again, I roll my eyes. Frustrated by his Alphaness, I attempt to step away from him. He quickly notices my action and intention to retreat, his touch crackling with electricity as he grabs my arm.

We stare at each other for several moments, the tension palpable. The pull...

"I suggest you release my sister." Standing directly behind Liam, the mountain grumbles, his voice low enough that only Liam and I can hear. I shake my head at how quickly he managed to get from the booth to where he is now. I didn't even see him move.

"I know Ava's your mate, but Erin," Liam starts.

"Ciara," Griffin corrects, his muscled arms crossing over his flanneled chest.

"Who?" Liam asks, turning to face Griffin, his hand still wrapped around my arm as he unconsciously pulls me towards him.

Steel-blue eyes drop to where Liam's hand grasps me, and Griffin inhales deeply. "Ciara, Erin, she is my sister."

Liam turns back to look at me, confusion marring his features. "What?"

"It's true, Liam; it seems Isla and I share the same father. Surprise!" I offer, basking in his warmth as he pulls me closer.

"You're a she-wolf?" He asks, his voice piercing something deep within my chest. Hope.

"No," Griffin replies, and I sense Liam releasing his grip on my arm, letting me go as if I've scorched him. It's kind of amusing because I totally could do that. Glancing at the corner of my vision, I observe him taking a step back, his head lowered.

"You and Isla?" He asks, his tone off.

"Hi Liam," Ava chirps, seizing hold of my other arm and dragging me towards her. Stumbling slightly at her tug, I plant my feet to regain my balance, the wine starting to make my head spin.

"Ava," Liam grumbles in greeting, his breathing labored as if he's struggling with something.

"Well, this was fun," Shay intervenes, looking down at me, my body suddenly hot. "Ready to go, Tiger?"

I mumble something, I think it's an acknowledgement, the room suddenly loud. What's going on with my head? I can hear Griffin's response to Liam and also him telling him to keep this between us.

"Okay, well, I think it's time to go," Ava agrees, guiding my body towards the exit, my feet moving on autopilot as we step outdoors into the open air. I turn one last time to look over my shoulder. My heart seizes when I see the broken look on Liam's face as the door closes behind us.

*******************************************

"Are you ready?" Morgan asks, kneeling beside me. I find myself in the same position as last time, my head resting on the cushions. The warmth of the fire fans over my face, sending tingles of pleasure through my body. Blinking, I watch as snow falls gently outside the cabin's window. Seeing the tiny flakes, I feel content with my decision to hold this session here rather than at the treehouse.

After Ava dropped me off, I opted to have my next session with Morgan at the cabin, away from the others. Combined with last night's restless sleep, my mind has been a whirlwind trying to make sense of everything... Seeing Liam again stirred something carnal within me, more intense than last time.

Whatever this need is, it scares the absolute shit out of me. Thus, I decided to cut my time at the Spur short and will be heading home with Isla after Christmas lunch tomorrow. Breaking the news to Ava didn't go too well, but I've promised I'll see them later today and spend Christmas Eve and morning together. Reluctantly, Ava granted me a reprieve but expects a full report of anything that comes out of my session with Morgan.

As for Isla accompanying me, my conversation with the Tyrant proved surprisingly smoother than anticipated. Alexei, to his credit, was in a good mood for once when we spoke and didn't question my decision to bring her with me. Perhaps it was because I've chosen to cut my trip short, or maybe it was because we were only days away from our engagement announcement. Regardless, he was amenable, with his only stipulation being that she doesn't distract me from my obligations.

Nodding to Morgan, I feel her cool hand on my forehead before the familiar pulse of energy sends us back into the library of my mind. However, the setting has transformed from the old library to a modern archive room filled with wall-to-floor computer-like files.

"Sci-Fi fan?"

"No," I respond as I look around, the room resembling something straight out of an alternate reality movie set. EWWW! Wash my mind out with soap!

"Interesting, because I, for one, am a fan."

"Gag, other than the hot actor that played the bad guy in a helmet, I know nothing about it and want to know nothing about it."

Chuckling, Morgan sits at one of the pod-looking tables and motions for me to join her. "So, what subject did you want to focus on today?" She asks, tugging on the end of her red hair, which is pulled back into a tight braid.

Sighing, I'm unsure, but I want to learn more about my relationship with Griffin and my father. Before I even voice my thoughts, several screen-like pads fly out from the walls and land on the clear surface before us. Taking the one at the top, I raise it to Morgan. "I guess we will start with this one."

I position my index finger on the screen, and the room morphs into another cell-type room. This one isn't white and feels almost like we're in someone's basement. Looking around, I notice two cots, set several feet apart and separated by a thin sheet. The beds are positioned to one side of the room, and at the other end, there's a small wash area, a table and chairs, and a small makeshift kitchen. If you could even call the small portable stove placed above a cupboard a kitchen...

Turning back, I notice a woman lying on one of the cots, asleep but with traces of tears on her face. Glancing back at the other cot, I see a youth sitting quietly and staring at the ceiling.

Flinching when I hear a door sliding open, I turn to see Viktor walk in, followed closely by a small shape, a bunch of purple flowers in his hands. Iris's...

"Seems I tired her out, hey boy," Viktor chuckles, placing the flowers in a small jug on the table, then moving to the cot where the woman is lying. Leaning down and kissing her lips, he wakes her up. "Мой цветок, I have brought you someone." Watching the woman sit up and wipe her eyes, I take a closer look at the small figure next to Viktor and realize who is with him. "Мой цветок, meet Ciara, she is my daughter."

The woman must be Aisling, and I immediately recognize the boy as Griffin, who is now also looking at... Me... Well, the child version.

The sight is enough to break my heart. She, no, I, am tiny, my clothes still dirty, and my hair an absolute bird's nest. Obviously, I was unable to get myself ready and actually made my appearance worse.

Aisling, her large blue eyes soften, immediately filling with warmth as she smiles broadly. "Hello Ciara, I am Aisling, and that little man over there is Griffin."

Ciara blinks several times. Her, no, my face, wet with tears as we peek over at the boy who also offers a small smile.

"Excellent," Viktor tells them, turning to leave.

"Wait!" Aisling calls out, "Viktor, where is her mother?"

Viktor's face morphs from pleasant to downright evil, sneering. "She was weak, so now Ciara's yours. Look after her. I'll be back later for another lesson. In the meantime, there's food in the cupboards." Walking to the door, he pauses, looking back at Aisling. "Make sure you eat, Aisling. I need you to be strong to carry our child. I wouldn't want Griffin to have to find another mother."

He leaves, locking the door behind him, but I keep my gaze on Aisling, watching as she picks up the younger version of myself, a thumb in my mouth, and whispers, her voice hoarse from what I can assume was screaming. "Come, my prince, come meet your little sister, Ciara."

Griffin stands and pads over to his mother. "I have a sister?" he asks, his voice surprisingly soft and filled with awe.

"You do now, and it is your job as her big brother to look after her."

Smiling widely and climbing onto the cot with his mother, Griffin places a little kiss on my head and whispers, "Hi Ciara, I'm your brother." Immediately, my heart swells and feelings that were long forgotten unlock in my chest.

The memory ends before I can fully process it, and we find ourselves back in the records room. "You good to continue?" she asks, looking me up and down.

I should say I'm not surprised, but the emotions I feel from Griffin's words have shaken something within me. Something I never knew existed outside of Ava. FAMILY...

Nodding, I grab another pad from the table. This time we are back in the cell, and a younger me is playing dolls with Griffin. Behind us and brushing my hair is a heavily pregnant Aisling, who is humming softly to herself. Her lullaby. Taking in the intimate family moment, I watch as I play with my brother, his focus solely on making me happy.

The memory ends, and I take another pad off the table. Again we're transported to the cell. However, instead of finding a pregnant Aisling, we see a tiny baby wrapped in a faded pink child's blanket resting against Aisling. Ciara and Griffin are sitting on either side of her. "Sisa?" Ciara questions, her, my eyes big as she takes in the tiny bundle, which must be Isla. "Barby sisa," she murmurs again, snuggling into Aisling.

When it finishes, unrestrained love floods me for the people within that memory. They are my family. They are MINE.

Morgan and I witness several more family moments, one of us moving into the newer, more comfortable facility where Griffin and I have our own room. Then there is one of Griffin and me watching what must be a Sci-Fi movie, the both of us lying on the floor looking up at the screen. Ciara sits with a doll, and Griffin leans down, drawing a replica of one of the spaceships on the TV above. Well, at least now I know where the archive room came from.

Finally, we see a secret hiding spot located under a loose stone in the old cell, where we keep what must be important items. I can see some of Aisling's jewelry, a few pieces of paper, and a knife.

We also witness some of the not-so-pleasant times. Times when Griffin was my protector, among other things, the timelines jumping around. One thing I do notice, however, is Viktor and how he changes after Isla is born. He is happy, caring, and acts like a man in love. Not once do I see him hurt Griffin during this time, and also, there is no mention of his extracurricular activities. It's almost like he gained a soul.

Deciding to look at one more memory before calling it a day, I touch the screen of the next pad. We find ourselves in the shared bedroom with Griffin.

Squinting to adjust to the poor light, I see movement in the corner. Moving closer, I notice a slightly older version of myself. I am maybe ten. Sitting up, another body is in the bed beside her. Taking a closer look, squinting my eyes to make out who it is in the dark, I see Griffin. Who would have thought I would share a bed with someone other than Ava?

Using the back of my hands to wipe at my eyes and blinking repeatedly, I watch as he rolls over, his arm searching for where the younger version of myself is and touching her arm before mumbling, "Go back to sleep, sister."

"I need to go to the bathroom," she tells him as she lowers her legs off the mattress and stands up.

"Don't be too long. It's cold," he grumbles before curling in on himself and tugging the blanket higher.

Watching Ciara slowly move out of the bedroom and into a hallway, I hear voices coming from a room off the hallway. One I immediately recognize as Viktor, and the other, Aisling.

Ciara, choosing to stop just before the opening in the hall, lowers herself to the ground and leans against the metal wall, peeking inside. "When will it be enough?" Aisling asks, her voice tired as it floats out into the hall. Following Ciara's gaze, I see them. Aisling sits on a giant king bed, her belly swollen, and Viktor is pacing the floor in front.

"I need to make at least one more before we can leave," Viktor, my father, replies, a hand running through his shoulder-length midnight black hair.

"But all those women, Viktor, what if you never find a way to make another?"

Pausing in his movements, Viktor moves to the bed, his hands resting on either side of Aisling's face. "I will find a way мой цветок, I promise you."

"Why can't we just leave, take the children, and disappear?"

You know why we can't," Viktor replies, frustration and maybe sorrow filling the room. "If we leave now, they would do whatever they could to find me, and then they will learn about you. About Isla."

"But why can't—"

"Aisling, I said enough!" Viktor shouts, letting her face go and moving backward, sparks flying from his hands. "They already know about Ciara. Would you have me leave her here?"

"No."

"No, I didn't think so."

"But you are eventually going to hand her over to them, so why would you bring another child into this?"

"Because they have supported me on the provision that I provide them with two girls. It's hard enough knowing that Ciara," his voice breaking as he slumps against the wall, dropping to his knees, "at least she will be going to Alexei. He will be kind to her."

"Viktor, I still don't—"

"Aisling, I said enough," he chokes, "do you not think it kills me knowing that I have to give my child. My daughter, away. You may think me a monster, but it was because of you that I had to do this in the first place."

What the FUCK? Looking at Morgan, I can see she's as confused as I am.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm sorry? I'm sorry I left you, sorry I tried to break our bond, sorry I mated another." Aisling pushes herself up off the bed and moves toward Viktor, lowering herself until she sits beside him. She lifts one of her arms to cup the side of his face and pulls his head toward her, so he is resting in her lap.

Aisling was bonded to Viktor before she left him? How?

"It broke me, Aisling, when you were gone," his voice cracks as Aisling runs her fingers through his hair, and I see tears falling from his face. "I couldn't control it when you left, and it corrupted everything that was good. I was desperate to hold onto my sanity and promised them whatever they wanted, all so I could find you and bring you back to me."

"I know, my love," Aisling whispers, and for the first time, I look at her face. There's real emotion behind her eyes, Griffin's eyes, remorse, and maybe love?

"You were my world. Everything was dark when you were gone, and I didn't see or feel warmth." He sobs freely now, raising himself until they are only a hair's breadth apart. "I'm truly sorry for what I did to you, to them. I wasn't myself, and it took me so long to be that man again. But now I'm in too deep, and I would rather die than have them know about you or Isla."

Placing her hands on his face and wiping away his tears, Aisling leans in and kisses him. I'm not talking about a PG kiss either. Looking back at Ciara, I see her blink several times, confusion on her face, before making her way back to the room she shares with Griffin.

The memory fades, and my thoughts are a mess. Aisling had genuine feelings for Viktor. They were bonded, and she left him and mated another. This caused the man that is my father to what? Turn into some deranged monster? Fuck!

"Did you want to try another memory today, or did you want to give it a break?" Morgan asks, her eyes filled with concern.

"Yeah, I think I need time to process. That was some serious shit." My understanding of Viktor the Monster doesn't match the man I just witnessed. Monsters don't feel. Monsters don't cry, do they?

A coinhas two sides...

*****************************************

Hello Readers!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and now have a little more insight into the Monster that was Viktor...

Don't get me wrong. He did some seriously bad shit, but as Isla said - a coin has two sides, it just depends which one you are looking at.

Don't forget to comment and vote...

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

KnightWaters

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

866K 25.5K 100
[ BEING REWRITTEN ] 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ----- 𝐃𝐘𝐋𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐒 I messed up - I messed up in typical Dylan fashion because...
23.4M 638K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...
39.3K 1.2K 34
Warning: This book contains mature content. "Your scent is driving me crazy, mate. You're so ready for me," he said darkly, inhaling deeply, intoxica...
5.3K 160 16
**WARNING** ~contains explicit content that may not be acceptable to all viewers. discretion advised~ "No no no no..." My words trailed "NO!!" I scre...