M. Hatsume X F! Reader: The D...

By idykgxhkxld

So I haven't seen a lot of these and decided to write a Hatsume x fem reader because I love her. Basic love s... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The infamous chaos trio
Chapter 2: New Beginnings
Chapter 3: Panic (Sometimes) Causes Great Things
Chapter 4: Our Teacher's Homeless?
Chapter 5: New Revelations
Chapter 6: Alarms are (Always) Annoying
Chapter 7: The First Attack
Chapter 8: Sleepover
Chapter 9: Announcements & Anxiety
Chapter 10: Recklessness is Rewarded, is it not?
Chapter 11: The Devil in Pink
Chapter 12: Acid Rain
Chapter 13: Thunder Clap
Chapter 14: one collective dead brain cell indeed
Chapter 15: As normal as it can get
Chapter 16: TikTok Famous
Chapter 17: A Hero's Two Sides
Chapter 18: The Chess Board's Queen
Chapter 19: Promise to an Idol
Chapter 20: A Day in the Life of a Hero
Chapter 21: fanning the flames
Chapter 22: Bloodthirsty maniacs
Chapter 23: Sugar, Spice and everything nice
Chapter 24: a first time for everything
Chapter 25: Final exams
Chapter 26: Confessions and Decisions
Movie Special
Movie Part 2
Movie part 3
Movie Part 4
Chapter 27: a hopeful beginning
Chapter 28: a second family
Chapter 29: Whirling Chaos
Chapter 30: Profit and Loss
Chapter 31: Hospital Coffee
Chapter 32: Back in business
Chapter 33: the first day back
Chapter 34: Enter Hatsume Mei
Chapter 35: on cloud nine
Chapter 36: the eye of the storm
Chapter 37: the hurricane's true power
Chapter 38: a weird sensation
Chapter 39: true leadership
Chapter 40: the aftermath of the exam
Chapter 41: Second semester, Go!
Chapter 42: U.A's big three
Chapter 43: Amajiki Tamaki
Chapter 44: Sacrifice
Chapter 45: You got this, Red Riot!
Chapter 46: unwarranted worries
Chapter 47: breaking point
Chapter 48: Go time!
Chapter 49: a sidekick's pledge
Chapter 50: frustration and agitation
Chapter 51: the saviour and the saved
Chapter 52: the future storyteller
Chapter 53: a life cut short
Chapter 54: the school festival
Chapter 56: A taste of happiness
regarding the 50th chapter special
50th Chapter special - the chaos that is class A
Chapter 57: Prepping for the school fest is the funniest part (pt.1)
Chapter 58: a sister's vow
Chapter 59: Prepping for the school fest is the funniest part (pt. 2)
Chapter 60: School Fest, Start!
Chapter 61: Let it Flow! School Festival!
Chapter 62: Withered Love
Chapter 63: Pain and Misfortune
Chapter 64: the sidekick known as Cloud Nine
Chapter 65: Silence isn't always Golden
Chapter 66: Todoroki Enji: the symbol of determination
Chapter 67: the pressure of the press
Chapter 68: the end to a new beginning
Q&A
Extra - Pride Month Oneshot

Chapter 55: Freedom

325 21 74
By idykgxhkxld

A lady walked into a crowded bar one night, making a beeline straight for the bartender.

The bartender seemed to recognise her and instantly made a drink for her.

It seemed vaguely familiar, though you couldn't place how you knew it.

"You've got to get over her, you know?" The bartender commented, cleaning a glass.

The lady looked up from her untouched drink, meeting his eyes.

"You've got the same eyes she has," she mumbled quietly, before leaving.

You watched, confused at the scene. The lady brushed past you, and that's when you noticed.

She had the same e/c eyes you had. Her's were sadder, lacked the spirit yours had, while yours were free and curious.

You walked over to the bartender, hoping he knew something, but before you could even take a step, you fell back into the real world, fully conscious.

---

You woke up with a pounding headache and instantly reached for your water bottle.

It was a strange dream you'd had, though you still didn't know what it meant.

You looked out your window to see that it was still dark outside. Taking one last sip from your water, you went downstairs, hoping you could catch a bit of air before you went back to sleep.

"Shirakumo-San?" Midoriya mumbled sleepily.

"Midoriya-Kun?" You asked, surprised to see the greenette awake. "Tea?"

"No thank you. Why are you up?" He asked, taking a seat at the dining table.

The room was dimly lit, the only light being the one that flooded in from the kitchen.

"I could ask you the same," you countered, avoiding the question as you poured yourself some tea.

"Strange dream," he confessed, clasping his hands together.

You raised an eyebrow, beckoning for him to explain, though he left it at that.

Deciding to not invade, you changed the topic.

"How's your quirk coming along? I know you improved a lot," you asked.

"Yeah but I'm still not strong enough. I could've saved-" he began, though stopped himself.

"His death and Mirio's quirk loss couldn't have been stopped. We'll be great heroes in the future, yeah? Save everyone we can," you smiled at him, to which he agreed.

"Oh, Aizawa-Sensei told me we're going to see Eri today," he remembered.

The thought of seeing the young girl genuinely made you happy. She'd been through so much, you just wanted to reassure her that everything would become better from now on.

Until you remembered a piece of detail yourself.

"I've got an appointment with RG this morning to get my stitches checked and hopefully removed. I'll try and come there if I still can," you promised him.

"You're close with Recovery Girl, aren't you?" He asked.

You sat quietly, sipping your tea as you thought about how to answer the question.

"Yeah. You could say that," you nodded slowly. "It's almost 3, she'll kill me for not getting my 8 hours. I'm off to bed, I suggest you do the same."

With that, you left the greenette in the common room and headed upstairs.

The second time you woke up, you were well rested and your headache was gone. Already a better start to the day.

You were excused from class today, along with Mei who'd accompany you to Recovery Girl's office in case something should go wrong. Whilst everyone was well aware of the grandma's capability, they were all also well informed of your stupidity and recklessness. Therefore, you were given a chaperone.

Your original choice was Denki, though Aizawa instantly declined that, knowing you'd probably set fire to water. So, you chose Mei.

"Good news, the stitches can be removed. I'll anesthise you and then get to work," Recovery Girl explained shortly as she gathered all her equipment.

The operation was over quickly. You were asleep for most of it, but woke up near the very end due to the drug weakening. It wasn't a big deal though since she simply gave you a kiss and healed it completely.

"We've got matching scars now," you grinned at Mei, pointing to your left side and her right side.

"At least you weren't in a coma for a month. That'd have been disastrous," she breathed out, relieved.

You giggled at that, buttoning up your uniform.

"Thanks a lot, RG!" You grinned, waving a good bye at her as you walked out.

"Do be careful dear, or I won't heal you next time," she sighed, watching you walk out with Mei right behind you.

The two of you walked out to Heights Alliance in silence as the rain poured around you two. Though where the silence would usually be comfortable, it became tense and thick very quickly.

Mei sighed and spoke up first, "We need to talk."

Those four words were enough to get all your attention as your eyes flickered up to her instantly.

"What's up?" You asked, nervous.

"Right," she began. "I've been thinking about this for a long time, and I think it's best if we put our relationship on a break."

Hatsume Mei was never one to think over anything for longer than necessary. You were the overthinker, she was the practical person.

So what made her think so much?

"Why?" You asked, trying to understand her standpoint before you broke down.

"Listen Y/N-chan, I love you, I promise, but you get hurt so often and the chance of dying is always hung over your head," she began explaining, before continuing into a rant. "You're always busy as well, so am I, we're both neck deep in schoolwork. But I'll graduate and become an engineer. My future is secure. What about yours?"

That one question made you think a lot.

She'd become a successful engineer for top heroes, help both heroes and sidekicks through her support items.

But you?

Your future was never secure to begin with. You'd save people, kill a few villains, and then probably die a valiant death like every other hero. It wasn't even confirmed if people would remember you after your death.

"I just want a happy ending," you whispered.

You'd be happy with her by your side, your friends with you. The people you rescue become the highlights of your day. So why was it so difficult to achieve?

"But if you die?" Mei asked. "This isn't a break up, only a break. For both of us. We can figure out what we want and if we still want to, we can continue dating."

You pursed your lips and thought about it.

"Alright," you sighed, agreeing, even if it broke you inside. "But let's keep Denki out of this. It'll be awkward for him."

Hatsume nodded in agreement, before splitting ways with you.

"Wait, one last question," you called to her.

"Yeah?" She asked, turning around.

"What should I address you as?" You asked.

"I don't mind. We can still be friends, right?" She smiled softly, though you noticed her glasses fogging up.

You sighed, but smiled in return nonetheless.

"Yeah, we can," you choked out.

"Thank you for understanding, Y/N-chan," she smiled, turning around and heading to her dorm building, leaving you in the rain.

You watched as the bubblegum pink haired girl, once yours, was now free again. She had a smile on her face, as if even being in a relationship with you was suffocating her.

"Sorry, Mei-Chan," you whispered to nobody, turning around and heading to the class A dorms.

The Devil in Pink was free, once again.

A/N: was I planning this from the beginning? Yes

Am I satisfied? Yes, I loved writing it

Question of the day: your reaction to the 'breakup'?

Hope you enjoyed :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

476 39 11
*discontinued* A summary: Being a reincarnated character, Y/n desperately trys to remember her past... Only to be mentally picking up fragments of he...
113K 3.3K 82
The first chapter is a little info about this book so I'm not gonna put that here lol. Just wanted to give my boy Deku some love since he deserves it...
801K 29.7K 86
'Somehow, he managed to arrive every time the waves started to overwhelm me. I hadn't noticed it, but now I did. I realised what it meant to me . Wha...
5.6K 159 9
"𝘛𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘯𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶" "𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘔𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘐 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘠𝘰𝘶." "𝘏𝘮?" "𝘐 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭...