Step Into the Light

By PrettyPleasing89

Shine, step into the light. So bright sometimes, but he won't let her go back. *the beginning is a bit rough... More

Casting
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
<3

Chapter 23

254 8 1
By PrettyPleasing89

"I know someday it's gonna happen.
And you'll finally forget the day you met him. Sometimes I'm so close to confession. I gotta get it through your head that you belong with me instead"

HARRY'S POV:

"Dude come on! You gotta give that shit back. If you don't, thats creepy as hell." Mitch argues.

"I mean, she never asked for any of it back yet and-"

"Key word being yet. There is no way she doesn't. And it will be a lot less awkward if you give it back willingly rather than her have to ask."

We are currently in my bedroom staring at the clothes Naomi let me borrow a few days ago spread all over my bed.

I wasn't gonna give them back unless she asked but Mitch definitely doesn't agree with that.

"Come on, how am I supposed to give this shit back?" I say as I put on the rainbow cardigan and the heart-shaped sunglasses. "It fits my look."

Yes, I got the heart-shaped sunglasses back again later that day at Cornelia Street...

"Harry, you do realize that it's weird to accumulate your friends things right? Like, especially their clothes."

"Yeah, but our friendship is-"

"Please do not say different. Just say you got the hots for her and call it a day please. For fucks sake please just admit it to me and yourself." He says while massaging his temples out of frustration.

"My god Mitchell, I-"

"No, just admit it."

"But I don't and I-"

"Admit it."

"Mitch, stop." I start pacing a little to stop the frustration.

"Admit it."

"Mitch I swear to god-"

"Admit it."

"Mitch-"

"Admit it."

"Fine! I really like Naomi! There I said it! Are you fucking happy now?" I say and stare at him as I have stopped pacing now.

"Ecstatic. Because now I can finally help you."

"Help me how?"

"Well that's where you have to make a decision. "

"What kind of decision?" I furrow my brows and cross my arms.

"Do you want me to help you get over her? Or do you want me to help you get the girl?" Mitch smirks.

I let a smile escape for a moment but I wipe it away.

"Mitch, that would be-"

"Difficult? Trust me I know. But I think it'd be pretty easy considering what you've told me about them as a couple. Besides they might have broken it off by now. Has she said anything since the other day about it?"

"No, we've talked but she hasn't brought him up at all and I don't want her to think I'm nosey."

"You should probably find out dude."

"Yeah, I know. But why the sudden change of heart? You wanted me to get over her."

"Yeah, I know... But I've been thinking about it. You and her. Plus Sarah and I have been talking and I'm learning a lot about women from her. Point is, is that I have a different view on the situation now.

"Oh... Okay..." I say still a little surprised that he changed his mind.

"Just saying, even if her and Josh are still together I'll help you out if you want. I think she's one of the good ones. I don't want you to get hurt. And she's not a hurter. I'd help you."

"Thanks Mitch." I say sincerely.

I walk over and hug him.

"No problem, but I need you to tell me more about this Josh guy to do my job right."

"Oh God where to start..." I sigh.

"Well, he doesn't support her and what she wants to do with her life for starters."

It honestly infuriates me that he doesn't want her to have what she wants. He doesn't want her to live her dream. I know it's 'because he doesn't want her to get hurt', but that just means that he doesn't even have enough faith in her to think that she could do it.

Of course she could do it!

She's like one of the most talented people I know!

Also, another reason I think he thinks this is because he wants a simple life. And of course there is nothing wrong with that, but it does mean that they are definitely not on the same page...

Let's just be completely honest for a second and say he doesn't deserve her! I mean he-

"Dude snap out of it." Mitch laughs out."Oh my god you're so jealous."

He just laughs at me.

"I'm not like jealous jealous." I pout.

"Yeah you are,and I feel you. We've all been there." He pats me on the shoulder while coming off of the laughter. "Have you tried writing about it?"

"No... And for a while I didn't want to... But I think I do now."

With that said we both left my room and headed to my music room.

He immediately grabbed a guitar and sat down on a stool. I sat at the piano bench but with my back to the piano.

"Do you have any ideas?" Mitch asked while leaning from the stool to a desk next to him to grab a pick from the drawer.

"Not off of the top of my head, but I might have put something in my phone at some point that could help."

I pull out my phone from my pocket and open up my voice notes.

We listen to a few then we finally decide on one of them to continue with.

"Play it again." Mitch says referring to the recording.

I nod and press play.

"Ba duh dum ba duh dum..." The recording starts.

"Yep, that's definitely gotta be done with a piano. Some electric guitar too. Remember that Harry." I speak in the phone.

"Pause it." Mitch says quickly.

After a few moments of random plucking of his guitar he was able to play the exact melody I was singing with his guitar just how I imagined.

"Nice work Mitchell" I say with a smirk as I am thoroughly impressed.

"Thanks." He smirks."Okay press play."

"Woman. Woman. La la la la la la la la la. Wa-woman. Woman." I sing in the phone then the recording stops.

"Okay, so were you thinking that for the chorus?" Mitch says fiddling with his guitar.

"Yeah, I've got nothing for the verses though."

"Okay, I'm just gonna start playing stuff and your just gonna speak what's on your mind. Give it a minute if you have to."

I do as he says and I give it a second for the right words to come out of my mouth.

Then it hits.

"I'm selfish, I know. But I don't ever wanna see you with him." I sing and Mitch looks up from his guitar and nods while still playing.

"I'm selfish, I know. I told you but I know you'd never listen."

I have a lot of faults, but I feel like she doesn't see them. And sometimes she needs to.

"I hope you can see, the shape that I'm in. While he's touching your skin. He's right where I should, where I should be. But your making me bleed..."

"Here?" Mitch asks referring to when the chorus would start.

So I nod a yes.

"Woman. Woman. La la la la la la la la la. Wa-woman. Woman."

"Tempted you know, apologies are never gonna fix this."

She's gotta be at least a little tempted too right? I mean I hope so. But it would cause some drama because of her and Josh and I'm not so sure apologies are would fix that mess.

"I'm empty I know. And promises are broken like a stitch is."

I have a lot of problems and I can't make a lot of promises which could be one of the many reasons she would turn me down.

"I hope you can see, the shape I've been in. While he's touching your skin. This thing upon me, howls like a beast. You flower you feast."

"Wom-" Mitch starts to sing.

"Wait, what if you did a guitar solo right here?" I suggest.

"You do not have to ask me twice."

He made up a solo in about a half hour and we finished the song.

Of course we have to record it and all the production and stuff but you know what I mean.

"So... In the little recording you did on your phone you said you wanted some piano in it. Are you gonna ask Naomi to do it?" Mitch said while putting the guitar on a stand.

"To be honest I hadn't thought about it. But probably..."

Mitch just stared at me.

"What? It's not like I put any obvious lyrics in there that it's about her. Besides it might not be the worst thing if she found out considering I'm trying to get something going with her."

"I know, but is that how you want her to find out?"

"Again... It be the worst thing, I mean... As long as I get the girl."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.5K 1.4K 65
And I promised myself I would never fall so hard again. But then I met him and made the fall feel like flying... A story in which two people a long w...
867K 9.4K 111
Cringe warning on the first few imagines, I swear (I even cringe when I read those). This was my first so don't judge and and just enjoy. P.S if yah...
9K 198 33
She's driving him crazy, but he's kinda into it He's driving her crazy, but she's kinda into it
3.4K 137 22
"She's all I wanted. And now she's gone."