Haunted Beasts

By Tadiwanshe

Heaven Ross has always been weird and different and she was okay with that but after starting afresh at a ne... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 29
A/N
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
EPILOGUE : PART 1

CHAPTER 54

5 2 0
By Tadiwanshe

Sky tightly grips my hand, like he's afraid I'm going to run away or something. In all honesty I'm also scared, if the Rosemont sisters came all this way to talk, it must be very important and it their world it could also mean very dangerous. They didn't even take the time to go and change out of their uniforms.

"What is it?" I ask, trying to ignore my heart hammering against my rib cage.

As usual Amelia is the first to speak up. "I'm sorry Heaven but we have some bad news."

"What happened?" I don't know if I can handle anymore bad news.

"It's James....."

"He's dead, I know." I interrupt her, relieved that it's not something serious. I mean him dying is serious, especially if it's part of some elaborate plan for a reunion on Aurora's part, but it's at least something I already knew.

"You know?" Amelia is surprised.

"Yes." I nod.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Sky asks me.

"Yes, how long have you known?" Cassandra asks.

I sigh. "Aurora told me."

"Aurora told you?" This time it's Nikolina who asks.

"Wait, if Aurora knows how come she's calm? She was enslaved to James and him dying would destroy her." Even Cassandra is confused by all this.

"Well, that's what I thought I thought as well but apparently Aurora thinks that him dying is a good thing." Even as I say it, I still don't know if it makes any sense.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me any of this. We said no more secrets." Sky mutters to me and he doesn't sound too pleased.

"I didn't want you to worry." I whisper back. I don't want us to fight, not right now we have so much going on.

"This was her plan." We all turn our attention to Nikolina. "She knew it all along." It's like she's talking to herself.

"Nikolina, what are you saying?" Amelia asks her sister.

"Aurora knew...." Before she can finish she goes still again. But this time her eyes change color, they turn completely grey and again they are not blinking. She's not moving, just looking into the air like she's having another vision.

I want to touch, to shake her so she can tell us exactly what she's seeing because I know it has to do with me.

"Don't." Cassandra reads my mind and warns me against.

Seconds later Nikolina is out of her trance with a gasp. She's breathing fast and gasping for her. I immediately know that whatever she saw was very bad because Nikolina looks like she's seen a ghost.

"Sister," Amelia places her hand on Nikolina's shoulder. "What did you see?"

"I see it now, it's all clear. Aurora wasn't wrong." She looks at me. "You are going to die.

"Die?" Sky's voice is barely a whisper.

"Yes." Cassandra says. "But it can be avoided because Heaven's death doesn't ensure a reunion between Aurora and James so it can be avoided." She quickly adds, no doubt to comfort him.

But Sky isn't buying it, he's actually way smarter than we give him credit for. "You knew didn't you?" He asks me, his voice filled with anger and pain.

"Sky...."

"Why didn't you tell me?" He lets go of my hand. "Why do you keep lying to me?"

"I didn't lie." I try to defend myself but he's right, I keep withholding information from him.

"Really, then what do you call keeping information from me?" Sky must have forgotten that we are in a hospital because he's now shouting.

"I didn't think it was important."

He looks at me like I have lost mind. "Are you crazy? You think you dying is not a important?" He asks, in complete disbelief.

"I think you both need to calm down." Amelia tries to control the situation.

Sky ignores her. "You know what, if you are going to disregard your life then I'm done."

I start to panic. "What?" I ask on the verge of tears.

His eyes are red with rage and pain. "I'm done with you, with all of this." He says and just like that he leaves me.

I feel like I'm having a deja Vu moment right now. Just days ago Sky walked away from me after he saw me kissing James. Technically it wasn't me but he didn't know that. And now he has walked away again and all because I wasn't honest with him, again. It seems I never learnt my lesson.

"I need to go after him." I announce to Amelia, Nikolina and Cassandra.

"Maybe you shouldn't. He needs to process all this."

What Amelia is saying makes sense and is probably the right thing to do but I don't want him to process all this by himself. I don't want him to overthink and come to the conclusion that I'm not worth it after all. I don't want to lose.

"I can't lose him." I say and start to leave.

"Heaven?" Nikolina stops me. "There's a reason why we are not allowed to fall in love with humans."

I pause with my hand on the door knob. I don't want to get into the rules at the moment, especially since the honor woman who enforced them is in question. Instead I just say, "We can't choose who we fall in love. Aurora already proved that." And with that, I leave to go after Sky.

I really hope Sky went to his house and I'm also hoping his father isn't there when I arrive. As much as I want to meet my future father in law I don't think now is a great time. And if I don't fix this he might never be my father in law. The thought saddens me a lot.

I'm becoming an expert at breaking and entering, well at least in this house. Maybe it has to do with the fact that they don't really put much effort into their security.

From the looks of it no one is home. It's so quiet that I doubt their mysterious father is even home. I'm a little relieved, if we are going to shout at each other, we can at least do it in private.

I don't waste any time with knocking or anything formal, I simply open his door and find on him sitting on his bed, looking anything but okay.

He looks up to see me and he doesn't look pleased. "Oh my God this can't be, I'm changing those locks."

"About time." I mutter under my breath.

He gets off his bed. "Get out of my house!"

I'm not going to lie, it hurts when he talks to me like that. "I'm not leaving." I tell him stubbornly.

"What do you want from me?"

I wipe away my tears. "I want us to talk."

He laughs out loud but there's no humor in his laughter. "Oh so now you want to talk? What do you want to start with, the death of your other boyfriend?"

"He's not my....." I start to say but he doesn't let me finish.

"Or the fact that you are going to be dying next!" He shouts, tears streaming down his face. "What do you want us to talk about first, huh!"

"Don't shout at me!" But I'm also shouting. "I didn't want you to worry! I know you wouldn't take it well."

"How else am I supposed to take it? You are going to die!" He practically shakes me.

"Why are you complaining? I'm the one dying, this is my life we are talking about!" I cry out in anger, letting my emotions get the best of me.

"It's not only your life, it's mine too. I can't leave without you. You are going to leave me when you promised you wouldn't. You lied to me."

"I know and I'm sorry. Please forgive me." I cry. I force his hands off my arms so I can hug him. He's reluctant to hug me back but he eventually gives in, even tightly hugging me back.

"I hate you." He says with his head buried in my neck, his tears soaking my shirt.

"No you don't."

"I really do. You are going to leave me." He cries, "I hate you for that. You should leave."

I continue to rub his back. "No I'm not leaving. You love me and I love you, we should be together."

"But for how long?"

I kiss his hair. "Forever. Please believe me, I won't leave you. I will fight anything for you." Even death I silent add to myself.

Sky continues to sob on my my neck. "I don't want you to die. I can't leave without you."

"Me too." I mentally vow to fight for my life, if not for me, then for the heartbroken and scared boy in my arms. I just can't leave him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 4.5K 39
(Previously called Wings) "From the moment I saw him, I knew that he was not from this world. He was something more, something that I couldn't quite...
1.8K 68 24
Willow. Daughter of the devil, kidnapped at a young age, finally escapes. She can finally go back home to her father and brothers but what if she goe...
161 18 29
In a mysterious world, a demon god felt really confused about who he was. He desperately wanted to find answers about himself, but everything seemed...
739 18 14
This is personal story about Faye and herlife and Ross is just added for affect , but it helps this story turn out. it will be rated R and have lots...