The Past Is In The Past(Joliv...

By hsmtmts_endgame

Sequal to 'The Past Is In The Past.' If you haven't read that it may be hard to read this story without cont... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Note
We're forever
Now, what?
It's the end.
Last words
New book!!

Chapter 21

826 14 194
By hsmtmts_endgame

-July 2020-

Olivia's POV:

"And all my friends are tired
Of hearing how much I miss you, but
I kinda feel sorry for them
'Cause they'll never know you the way that I do, yeah
Today I drove through the suburbs
And pictured I was driving home to you" I sniffled. It's been a day since Josh called it quits and it already feels like an eternity. My mind is exploding with questions and thoughts. The main one was, What did I do wrong?

What did I do wrong? Was it my style? Was it my personality? Was it the fact I didn't dress up like one of those barbie dolls? What was the reason?

My alarm went off and I remembered I had to go to the studio, or Dan's garage rearranged to be a studio. I quickly changed and left the house, bidding a quick goodbye to my parents. I haven't told them about the break up. 

"Hey!" Cameron greeted me when I walked in the house. I waved at him, saying a quick hi. "Dan is downstairs with Conan, you can wait in the living room. Do you want anything to eat?" He asked.

"Oh, no. Thanks." I answered, sitting in the fluffy sofa.

"So, how has life been treating you?" He asked, sitting next to me. He smelled like strawberries.

"Good." I lied, shrugging.

"Okay. Mind if you say the truth?" He chuckled, trying to catch my gaze. "We just met, but I' a very reliable person." He noted.

"My boyfriend broke up with me." I fiddled with the rings on my fingers. "You know, just a heartbreak I'm going through." I tried to laughed, but failed.

"Liv, that isn't 'just a heartbreak'. It's fine if you're sad. Josh is an ass for not treating you right." He scoffed.

Cameron's POV:

My plan is going so smoothly. I can see us together in the future. And well, as for Joshua, Bye bye!

"Why did he break up with you?" I asked, curious to hear what he came up with to end their relationship.

Olivia's POV:

"I don't know. He didn't answer that when I asked him." I shrugged. "It was all so quick, then he hung up." 

"He broke up with you on the phone?" Cameron raised his eyebrows in shock. That immediately clicked something in me, and I got déjà vu from the time Ethan and I were dating and he asked for a pause.

-Flashback-

"I just- wasn't ready for so much at once." I confessed, starting to cry again. "He called me and told me he needed space."

"He put your relationship on pause by a phone call?" Josh asked, shocked. I nodded sadly. "I'm even sorrier." He answered.

- End of Flashback-

He's a jerk who never felt sorry. He never cared.

That sparked my imagination, so I took my phone out and wrote a hook line. 'When she's with you, do you get déjà vu?'

"What are you doing?" He asked, taking a peak of my phone.

"Songwriting." I answered.

"Right now? Is that something you do constantly? Randomly pull your phone out and forget about the conversation?" He chuckled.

"Sorry, but this is important." I smiled a little bit at his sassy attitude.

"Alright, write away." He scooted closer to me, and leaned back on the couch.

"Okay, done." I leaned back and accidentally placed my head on his chest. "Oh, sorry." I moved to the opposite side.

"No, it's fine, if it doesn't bother you." He laughed. It really didn't bother me, so I shrugged and placed my head on his shoulder. "You know, you're too pretty to be single." He pointed out.

"Wow, so we're totally going there." I opened my mouth in shock and giggled.

"No, not really. I'm just pointing that out." He smiled, rubbing my arm with his hand. I felt some kind of connection to Cameron. He reminded me of someone.

Cameron's POV: 

How long did that take? 

Exactly.

"Hey, Olivia. Great that you're here!" Dan came through the door. He immediately caught on that we were basically cuddling and gave me one of those 'I see what's going on here' looks. "Come down." He invited her. I gave her a warm smile before she left my arms to walk downstairs.

"Okay." Dan mouthed to me as she walked down to the garage. I hid my face in my hands to cover the blush that crept on my cheeks.

"I saw all that!" Iris squealed quietly.

I gained my courage back and smirked. "That's how the man do it."

"You're still my stupid 19 year old best friend, Webcam. That isn't 'the man'" She rolled her eyes. 

"Alright, whatever you say." I chuckled, snatching the bag of chips out of her hands. I took a few and gave her the chips back.

Josh's POV:

"Good morning, Joshua. Hope you had a good night sleep yesterday and you thought over your plan." Joseph greeted me. 

"Yeah, totally." I cleared my throat. "Excuse me." I walked past him and locked myself in the recording studio. 

I leaned against the door and shut my eyes. Don't cry. Just don't do that. You're not supposed to do that. Not today, not tomorrow, or ever. Pain can be pushed inside, you need to look good. Boys don't cry. Boys can't cry.

I sighed and opened my eyes, fearing that in any second I could break. I went over to the piano and played the melody Winter always used to play to me when I was a baby. Though she may not look like it, Winter has a soft spot for me; A really big one. 

"When I was young
My father told me not to cry in front of my mom
Said it's time to grow up
And now that I'm older
I couldn't tell you the last time I cried if I want
No time now to be young
So I put on a show
Slap on a smile
Don't let them know you're not doing all too fine
I'll be fine

I just gotta get out of LA
I've been thinking of running away
I just gotta get out of this town
Lately everyone's bringing me down
I've been making a run for my life
I'm not sure if I'll make it tonight
Guess I've run out of things I can say
I just gotta get
I just gotta get out of LA

Everyone comes here
But nobody leaves
Yeah, we're all only actors
No one's actually happy
It's all 'who do you know?' and 'when did you know them?'
Not where you're from but 'where are you going?'
'How can you help me get to where I need?'-" I was stopped when there was a knock on the window. I grabbed the headphones that were on top of the piano and put them on, looking at the crowd behind the window.

"That was amazing, Josh. Do you want to work on it?" A producer spoke through the microphone. 

"Uh, sure." I answered. I gave them a thumbs up, aware they couldn't hear me.

Olivia's POV:

"Um, I wrote a song yesterday and I think it's the best song I've ever written." I fidgeted with a loose thread in my jeans. I was debating on telling him or not. Then I remembered I posted it on Instagram, where thousands of people have heard it. I figured Dan was going to hear it if he hadn't already anyway.

"Really?" Dan took his gaze off the computer and turned his chair to face me.

"Yeah, I called it drivers license." I answered.

"Alright, can I hear it?" He leaned back on the chair. I nodded nervously and sat on the piano. I played the song, closing my eyes and letting my voice fill the room.

"Liv, that was amazing." Dan clapped when we finished. "I can't believe you can convey that much emotion. What was that all about?" 

"My ex, which I broke up with a day ago." I nodded my head awkwardly. His eyes widen in surprise, opening his mouth to talk. "No, you don't have to say sorry. If anything that's the last word I want to hear." I answered. "This happens I guess, people outgrow each other, he just- He made a promise he didn't keep, and I was naive enough to believe him, twice." I started. Before I knew it, I'd ranted about my whole relationship with Josh to Dan, which ended with me crying. He consoled me and gave me a long hug. After a few minutes, I calmed down and we got to writing the bridge, and fixing a few lines in the chorus. The song represented what I was feeling so well. 

Everything was going to be okay.

Cameron's POV:

Everything was more than okay.

Josh's POV:

Everything couldn't be worse in my life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.7K 1.3K 27
In which two ex lovers find there way loving each other once again.
48.6K 1.2K 23
So. Josh has a girlfriend. And Olivia likes Josh. I wonder what could happen. Well it's a fanfiction, so it's most likely going to be full of love...
48.7K 1.5K 34
-𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄 π‘Ž π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘π‘˜π‘¦ π‘π‘œπ‘€π‘’π‘› π‘ π‘‘π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘¦ π‘ π‘’π‘π‘œπ‘›π‘‘ π‘π‘œπ‘œπ‘˜ π‘œπ‘› π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ 𝑗𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑑𝑑𝑒 π‘‘π‘’π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘šπ‘ π‘ π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘  𝐒𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐫...