bad idea

By kaigreykai

I got a bad idea. How 'bout we take a little bit of time away? I got a bad idea. Forget about it, forget abou... More

Chapter 1 (NEW)
Chapter 2 (NEW)
Chapter 3 (NEW)
Chapter 4 (NEW)
Chapter 5 (NEW)
Chapter 6 (NEW)
Chapter 7 (NEW)
Chapter 8 (NEW)
Chapter 9 (NEW)
Chapter 10 (NEW)
Chapter 11 (NEW)
Chapter 12 (NEW)
Chapter 13 (NEW)
Chapter 14 (NEW)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69

Chapter 31

436 20 6
By kaigreykai

ariana's pov

"Is it just me or does Ryder seem weird?" I whispered to Kai after Frankie and Ryder headed to the restrooms.

Kai shrugged, "I thought the same thing, but maybe he's just nervous. If Joan and Nonna likes him, then maybe we're overthinking it,"

"It's just Frankie seems so interested in him, and Ryder just seems too perfect,"

"Weird relationship dynamic?" Kai reasoned, trying to give Ryder the benefit of a doubt.

I just didn't trust him, or his 'feelings' for my brother. It all seemed very one-sided, and after Kai confirmed her suspicions, then I knew I was right about him.

We directed the conversation to something else, until Frankie and Ryder came back almost thirty minutes later, just in time for the food. Kai shared a look with me as the two sat down, and we were both thinking the same thing.

Ryder cleared his throat, hoping to end the awkwardness. "Bathrooms were...uh, crowded," I sent Frankie a look, letting him know weren't stupid.

"You think the women's bathroom is just as crowded?" Kai smiled, causing me to kick her playfully, under the table. "Ouch," She muttered, rubbing her leg.

"So," Frankie said. "How's the food?"

"I haven't tried it yet, it's still pretty hot," I nodded.

"...so you guys are dating? How did you two meet?" Ryder asked.

Judging by Kai's look, I'd be the one answering this question. "We were in the same friend group, with our exes at the time,"

"Woah, isn't that crazy how luck works out? Well, good thing your relationships with those jerks ended and you have each other. Otherwise, you'd be wasting your time. Frankie told me about how toxic your ex-boyfriend was, glad you're not with him anymore."

Before I could say anything to Ryder, Kai interrupted. "What exactly are you trying to say about Mac? You suddenly believe everything Frankie tells you? He spent most of his time away in college before he came. He'd barely spent any time with Mac, that's bullshit. And luck does workout weirdly. Our significant others are dead because—"

I stopped her before she could get into anymore. I realized she was trying to be as calm as possible, but the more she spoke, the louder her words got. "-just don't disrespect them, or us again." I shrugged.

How could Frankie just talk about him like that? As if he wasn't considered the love of my life at a point in time?

"Right, sorry. I had no idea, I was only told you guys were broken up with them." Ryder sighed, sending a pressed look to Frankie, "I completely didn't mean to make you guys feel uncomfortable or disrespected, if there's anything I can do—"

"-How did you and Frankie meet?" Kai asked.

"We take computer science together, I met him in the halls and we just started grabbing coffee," Ryder answered, timidly looking at my girlfriend.

She was staring at him with a blank face, arms crossed, eyeing him down. I could tell she was pissed, in fact, so could everyone. Since Ryder had never met the girl before, I knew this only made him nervous.

She could tell he meant no harm in his words, I think it was Frankie she was pissed at. And if that was true, so was I.

"Where are you from?"

"New York."

"How many siblings do you have?"

"Three, two full and one half,"

"How old are you?"

"Twenty-five,"

"Why computer science?"

"Started as a love for Bill Nye, got older and dug more deeply into science, and realized I wanted to specialize in it."

"Why Frankie?"

"Something about the Grande siblings," Ryder shrugged. "You should know,"

"Good answer," Kai said, turning to Frankie and me. "He's not bad,"

"Babe, I told you getting everyone's approval would be easy," Frankie smiled, looking up at his boyfriend.

"Not everyone's, you don't have Ari's," Kai turned to me, studying my face. "Frankie, can show me where the bathrooms are?"

"Sure," He said weirdly, as the two got up.

"You haven't even given me a chance," Ryder muttered, looking up at me.

"Gut feeling,"

"Huh," He nodded, "I guess it is always trust your gut,"

"Yep,"

"Look, I'm not all that bad. I think I love your brother, and I can't tell him that without your approval. It means the most to him, and if you really don't approve of me, I'll break up with him and save you some stress,"

"Fine, but Ryder, if you break his heart—"

"-your girlfriend will kill me, got it," He smiled. "So uh, Frankie tells me you're an actor... how long have you been acting for?"

"Honestly, I haven't had the chance to put my skills to test so I wouldn't really consider myself an actress,"

"Well, I have a friend who's a casting director, and if you're any good, I'd love to get you guys in contact,"

"Really? Thank you,"

"Of course, I can try to get him here Friday, and have you read a few scripts,"

"Uh, Friday? As in this Friday?"

"Yep, he should actually be in town then, I'll text you more details," Ryder said, with a small smile.

Wait.

Fuck.

Normani's party.

"Let's eat, shall we?" Frankie smiled, as the two sat in their seats.

kai's pov

Hours later, Ari and I were finishing up the rest of the dishes, since Joan worked late, and Nonna had plans, with a few cousins of hers.

"Hey so, I was thinking we could watch a horror movie tonight," I smiled, pulling my girlfriend towards me as I sat on the counter.

"Actually, I think I'm gonna go to sleep early," She hummed.

"Big day tomorrow?"

"Nope, I'm just tired,"

"That's a first," I chuckled, but she didn't. "Everything okay?"

"Yep, so let's finish drying so I can take meds on time,"

"Fine," I said, with my hands fiddling with the waistband of my girl's sweatpants, "I mean, who listens to doctors anyways?" I pulled her in slowly, as she allowed my tongue entrance. Her hands roamed underneath my shirt, gradually going up as the kiss deepened. The faster the movements got, I could feel my head start to pound, but I wanted this, so fuck it.

Just as I was about to slip her shirt off, she pulled away, "...people who don't want to die,"

"Why are you acting so different? You wanted this when we were at the hospital, what changed?"

"Nothing, I told you I'm just tired," She shrugged.

"You're lying, why won't you just tell me what's bothering you? You expect me to know how you feel, and I wanna understand you, but I can't read minds, Ariana."

"Goodnight," She said, kissing my cheek before walking away.

I huffed, sliding off of the countertop and I decided on calling Victoria.

"You just saved me from hours of Physics, what's up?"

"Ariana, she's acting weird,"

Victoria stayed silent for a minute, "I'll text her later, don't worry,"

"Can you tell me what's going on?"

"She's probably just stressed. Irritation was a side effect of her meds, plus a lot is going on this week."

I sighed, "You're right."

"I know,"

"Hey, come over. We haven't really had a chance to talk,"

"Matt has our keys, remember?"

"Vic—"

"-no, I don't wanna hear it from you too. I just need time...and space,"

"My place is always open, I made spare keys, a while ago,"

"Matt has Otto guarding the door, plus some other security, there's no way I'm getting out,"

"Why? He's never this uptight,"

"To be fair, we're pretty much on the Beer's death list. Hey, where was Madison today?"

"I didn't even realize she was absent. I'll ask Camila, Shawn, Lauren, and Zayn,"

"I'll check with my friends too,"

"Good,"

"Yeah... well, I should—"

"-Vic?"

"Yes?"

"I love you,"

"I love you too,"

"Cool," I said, ending the call.

I felt like I hadn't reassured Victoria much after the news broke. Cousin or not, Victoria has always been like a sister to me, and us being sisters was nothing but good news.

Realizing that Ari was probably still upset, I sent Dua out to grab some of her favorite snacks since I couldn't go out.

I must say it felt good to have people waiting on your next order of instructions.

"Hey, you sleep?" I whispered, opening Ari's door, clutching the plastic bag full of snacks.

"Mhm,"

"You wouldn't reply if you were, babe," I sighed, coming over to take a seat on her bed. "Sorry about earlier, to be clear, I just missed you. But if your head is bothering you, I'll go get you some better meds. I brought some of your favorite snacks, hopefully, they help as well,"

"I love—thank you," She stammered, as we both realized what she was about to say.

My heart stopped.

flashback (Kai's Pov)

"You're so weird," I smiled, watching as my girlfriend danced around the living room. My flannel was big on her, fitting like a dress on her smaller body, as she moved skillfully around the floor.

"I know," She blushed, gesturing for me to come here. "I wrote something new for you, just follow my lead, okay?"

"Baby, you know I don't dance,"

"But I do, and you always dance with me,"

I rolled my eyes, following my girlfriend's instructions. She pulled me in for a kiss, realizing she'd convinced me to do something like she always did. It was like a weird superpower of hers... I'd probably go streaking if she asked.

Not that she would.

Hopefully.

She cued the music, as we pushed our furniture back, to make room to dance.

"We both know it's never really goodbye,"

Hands on her hips.

"I swear it's like we do this all the time,"

1, 2, 1, 2

"That shit be turning me on, I cannot lie,lie,"

Move with her body.

"And can't nobody else do that for me. Know I make it hard to ignore me,"

Down.

"Cut the attitude and put it on me. Put it on me, yeah,"

Move with her body.

"I hate you, turns into, I love you, in the bedroom,"

3, 4, 3—

"You love me?" I blurted.

"I love you," She repeated, with a shrug. "I knew for a while now, I just didn't know how to say it without dropping a bomb on you."

It wasn't like it was her first time saying it, but we were young, saying we loved each other when we simply just fell for each other. Now, it was different. We were in love.

Me & her.

Kai & Kehlani.

After years of us being together, we could finally admit we loved each other. I couldn't wait to talk about this at our wedding.

Yeah, wedding.

A sophomore in high school, and I'd already planned our wedding.

I wanted to propose after senior year, or maybe even during senior year. I just wanted to propose and secure the fact that she was mine forever.

There was no more crushing on each other, and exchanging songs back and forth. I could tell the world that these songs were about the girl who loved me.

My girlfriend.

Or better yet, the love of my life.

"You still there?" She chuckled nervously, as I spaced out on her.

I blushed, being stripped from my thoughts, "Yeah,"

"Well?"

"I love you,"

She smiled, "Even if it's just us against the world, I'm not going anywhere. Ever. I promised your parents, I promised Victoria, Matt, and Willow that too, and I'm promising that to you now,"

flashover

ariana's pov

"Wait what did you say?" She said, after moments of silence. "Sorry, I'm just tired and I didn't hear what you said before,"

It took me a second to realize that she probably didn't hear me mutter the words. "Oh, I just said thank you,"

"Oh, then of course. But I'll see you in the morning, okay? Goodnight," She smiled, kissing my cheek, before turning to leave the room.

"No!" I shouted, accidentally. "Sorry, it's just... can you just stay with me tonight?"

"Yes please, Frankie keeps his room too hot and it somehow makes my room feel like a desert." She chuckled, taking a seat on the side of my bed.

I laughed, "That's why I opted for a room away from his," Taking a look at my phone, I realized it was almost midnight. "How the hell is it almost twelve? It was just ten,"

"Time flies, I guess. Ending our night off here?" She smiled, slipping into bed with me.

Instead of replying, I connect our lips, placing my hands on her cheeks as the kiss deepened. Maybe I did love her... I still felt nervous around her, always. I was scared to ruin this, more than anything. And I'd been feeling that a lot more lately.

a/n: wasn't enough interactions between them :) should i add more, or just get straight into the dRaMa?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 53.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
127K 4.7K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
366K 13.1K 59
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...
1M 42.4K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...