The Past Is In The Past(Joliv...

By hsmtmts_endgame

Sequal to 'The Past Is In The Past.' If you haven't read that it may be hard to read this story without cont... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Note
We're forever
Now, what?
It's the end.
Last words
New book!!

Chapter 9

880 11 193
By hsmtmts_endgame

-April 2020-

Olivia's POV:

Yep. A whole month and I've barely talked to Josh. I miss him a lot, and I'm going to be honest, I've cried. It's just hard for me to go from totally spending every hour together to not talking at all. I haven't seen his face in an eternity. 

I reread the texts from the past month. They hurt me.

Joshy😘:

March 21

Olivia:

hi handsome

Josh:

i'm busy😣
talk tonight?

Olivia:

okay

March 25

Olivia:

joshy?

how are you?

Josh:

sorry, i forgot about the call at night
im really struggling with all of this

Olivia:

yeah, i get that
talk later maybe?

Josh:

i wish i could promise you 
but last time i ended work at 11pm 
i'll try my best

Olivia:

okay.

March 27

Josh:

guess who finished everything quicker 2day
😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Olivia:

yay!😄
can we call?

Josh:

ofc
i want to talk to you
it's been a long time

April 2

Olivia:

hi
the cast is worried
you havent been talking to them

April 4

Olivia:

hi
are u ded?
can u at least answer?
plz

April 6

Olivia:

josh

are you okay?

April 9

Olivia:

tell me when you have time to talk

Josh:

ok

And, that was the last time we talked. Long distance relationships are extremely hard. 

But! There's something positive. 'All I Want' became extremely popular and it's a TikTok trend now!! Ahhhhhh! Never in my have I felt this happy! It's a song I wrote, and it's everywhere!

Josh's POV:

I DON'T LIKE THIS AT ALL. 

I'm just asking for one day. One day I can spend the day with Liv without having to worry about work. What is up with this label? Is this how hard celebrities are supposed to work?

"Why don't you take a 10 minute break. You look exhausted." Joseph sighed.

My face lit up and I nodded, turning off my microphone and camera. The first thing I did was call Liv.

"Josh!" She grinned. I missed her voice.

"Livvy." I half smiled. I tried not to show how sleepy I looked.

She immediately caught it and frowned. "What's wrong, baby?" She asked.

"I feel like shit. That's it." I groaned in frustration.

"Is there anything I can help you with? I don't like seeing you like this." She asked.

I sighed and started. "I'm tired. I just keep getting things to do and I haven't left this chair for weeks. Now everyone's dying and it's terrifying! Plus, I have to pay my taxes and I have no idea when I'm going to do that since I barely have time to do anything else but work! I just- I wish it would all stop for a second! What's the point in happiness if it's all just working and working!? I don't have time for us like I used to and I hate it! Everything is against me!" I complained.

"Maybe you need a therapist." She shrugged.

"Therapy? You're saying I'm insane?" I joked.

"No. You're really stressed out. I'm sure a therapist could help." She suggested. We talked a little bit more after that, and then I had to get back to the call. 

Olivia's POV:

So that happened. Now I feel totally disturbed. He's really not okay and I didn't have the guts to tell him that. It's not like I know more about life than he does.

He's just making everything worse for him. He's just focusing on the positive side, and not helping himself at all. I understood him, but there's really nothing I could do.

I had to write it a song about it. I felt too uneasy about it.

You call me every night and tell me that you feel like shit
I say, "I'm sorry, is there any way I can help with it?"
I listen to you scream, the world is simply your enemy
"With death and taxes, what's the point of tryna be happy?"

And I've had bad days, bad years
Bad boys and bad careers
But I'm still standin' here
I understand you, darlin', but at the end of the day
You just won't help yourself
Rather give someone else
A glimpse into your hell
Pour all your problems on 'em just so you can walk away

Boy, I'm too young to be your mother
Not smart enough to be your therapist either
And I'm always here if you need a talk
But maybe first, you should take a walk
'Cause I'm not gonna make you change
That's above my pay grade, babe

Josh's POV:

"Any idea for your duet?  We're running out of time." Joseph warned.

"Yeah, I did have an idea. I feel like Sabrina Carpenter would be a great person to sing it with." I suggested.

"Don't you guys follow each other on Instagram? Why don't you send her a message?" He proposed. I did as he told me.

Sabrina Carpenter:

Josh:

Hey, You're amazing!
I'm looking for someone to duet this song with me
*Audio*
I think you would be great for it!
Let me know what you think!

Sabrina:

I would love to! :)
*Phone number*

"She said yes." I looked up down at the screen in shock. She's a pretty cool person; I'm really excited.

"Great, let me get in contact with her." Joseph smiled, violently typing something on the computer. "For now, record the second verse of 'Do it all again.'" He demanded. I went to the tiny studio he set up in my house and started singing.

Cameron's POV:

You know what? This Joshua dude gave me an idea.

"Dad." I called after him. He got out of his chair and walked to me.

"What now?" He asked.

"I need you to find out if he's dating Olivia, and if he is make him break up with her." I demanded.

"And why would I do such thing?" He crossed his arms.

"You want me in the business, you have to do your part of the deal." I rolled my eyes. "Make him fall for someone else, like Sabrina, or don't let him have time for her." I ordered. I'm sure after that she'll get tired and dump him. Then, I'll find my way to her.

Josh's POV:

A few minutes later I heard my producer call me. "We have great news! 'Anyone Else' is finished. Now you have to choose between 'Common Sense' and that song to release first. Make your choice." He ordered.

I could go with 'Anyone else',  but I like 'Common Sense' to come first so then 'Anyone Else' is, like, what happens after 'Common sense.' To make it, sort of, like a story.

"I think it makes sense to go with 'Common Sense.'" I chuckled. He laughed and nodded, working with more songs.

"Alright, Joshua. You will be meeting with Sabrina today at 2 PM outside the South L.A. cafe. Get to know each other, invite her to your house, let her invite you to her place, just don't stay outside for too long. You are dismissed." He smiled. "Oh! And don't to record the music video for 'Anyone else.'" He added. I nodded and left the call with a bit a confusion. Today?! I'm meeting her TODAY!?

I had barely 20 minutes to get ready if I wanted to be on time. Being on time is always important for a first impression.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 1.5K 73
Innocent love, right? Joshua Bassett and Olivia Rodrigo get cast in the same show, and feelings start building up. Watch their highs and their lows...
51.9K 1.7K 34
-๐Ž๐ ๐’๐“๐€๐†๐„ ๐‘Ž ๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘๐‘˜๐‘ฆ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘œ๐‘˜ ๐‘œ๐‘› ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘—๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘–๐‘’๐‘ก๐‘ก๐‘’ ๐‘‘๐‘ข๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘š๐‘ ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘’๐‘  ๐ข๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ...
48.8K 1.2K 23
So. Josh has a girlfriend. And Olivia likes Josh. I wonder what could happen. Well it's a fanfiction, so it's most likely going to be full of love...
70.9K 1.3K 27
In which two ex lovers find there way loving each other once again.