The Prisoner Of Azkaban Throu...

Por Writing_Fangirl_

Morana gets her heart broken for the first time. Draco, the love of her life, asks her out on a date, but day... Más

The Prisoner Of Azkaban Through Another's Eyes
Chapter 1: Summer Of Joy
Chapter 2: The Escape Of Sirius Black (And My Mad Sister)
Chapter 3: The Night Surprise
Chapter 4: The Leaky Cauldron
Chapter 5: Heartbreak And Chaos
Chapter 6: I Can't Write The Full Chapter Title 'Cause Wattpad Won't Let Me
Chapter 8: The Fat Lady's Run
Chapter 9: The Depression Of Me (And More!)
Chapter 10: The Surprise At Hogsmeade
Chapter 11: Christmas In The Lightest Time
Chapter 12: The Rings Of Hogwarts
Chapter 13: Xenia Plays Quidditch
Chapter 14: A Shocking (Not Really) Discovery
Chapter 15: The Awesomeness Of Hermione Granger
Chapter 16: Harry's Accidental Prediction In Class, I Think
Chapter 17: Animagi
Chapter 18: The Four Mauraders
Chapter 19: The True Face Of A Coward
Chapter 20: Our Time To Shine
Chapter 21: Wattpad Hates Me So I Can't Write The Title
Chapter 22: Another End To Another FANTASTIC Year
Author's Note!!

Chapter 7: Defense Against The Dark Arts Teacher, Take 3

80 0 0
Por Writing_Fangirl_

Morana and I (Aura) went outside to the castle grounds. We decided to take a walk, and just talk. I figured that Morana needed to talk. She seemed kinda mopey and sad and depressd, and she's my friend. I want her to be okay. I mean, she's not my nicest friend, but she's definitely my friend. And I kinda hope I'm hers.

"Morana," I began, "look. I think we need to talk."

"O-okay," she nodded, sitting down on the ground. I sat down next to her. "About what?"

"About you. Look, you've seemed...kinda depressed lately. And I know that my brother broke your heart, but you seem genuinely depressed. Like...I don't know if you have the mental illness or what, but you don't seem you. Not at all. You haven't called Xenia a Mudblood for how long?"

"Uh, it's been days."

"That's a new record."

Morana smiled shyly as she looked at her feet. "Yeah."

"But look." I sighed. "You shouldn't be this depressed over a guy. Or a gal if that's who you're into. You shouldn't not be yourself because he broke your heart."

"I know, I know. And I shouldn't try to take my own life -"

"You tried that?" I interrupted. My eyes started tearing up.

"Well...I thought about it. But I know I shouldn't kill myself. And I don't want to. I don't want to die. But it crossed my mind a few times. And I...I don't know. I-I can't explain, but he just - he broke my heart, an-and I just...I don't know."

"Morana? Why does this matter?"

"I-it doesn't matter."

"Yes, it does," I said sternly. "Why. Does. It. Matter?"

"It doesn't!"

"You freaking liar, Morana!" I yelled. "Why does it matter?!"

"I don't know!" Morana yelled back.

"WHY THE HELL DOES IT MATTER?!"

"BECAUSE I TRUSTED HIM!" she finally answered. She started crying. Then she spoke softer and quieter. "I have trust issues, okay? And if I trust you, like really trust you...you're special to me. And he...he broke that trust. When people break my trust - well, this is actually the first time it's ever happened. So...apparently I get depressed..."

I sighed. "Oh. Morana..."

"No. It's fine. Don't pity me. Please. And...just...can you...can you maybe...if this doesn't feel awkward to you...I was wondering if I could hug you. And you could hug me back. I could really use one."

I smiled at her. "Yeah. Of course." I hugged Morana and she hugged me back. She put her head into my shoulder. I could feel tears going on my shoulder. But I didn't care.

And that's the story of the first time I hugged my friend Morana Drax.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS TEACHER, TAKE 3

Afterwards, we went up to the Hospital Wing to see if Draco was okay. I mean...yeah, I disliked him. A lot. But that doesn't mean I want him to get hurt. You know? And Morana, no matter how angry or upset she was towards Draco, she still wanted to make sure he was okay.

"He's probably dying," Morana said, putting her head back for a second as we were walking. "Ugh. Did you see how much blood he lost? That could mean death. Yeah." She crossed her arms and nodded. "Or maybe he broke his arm, or needs go get it cut off. Damn, this could be bad."

"It was his fault," I argued. "I mean, Hagrid warned us that if you insult a hippogriff it might be the last thing you ever do. Plus, I think I'd scratch up the guy that called me - what was it? Oh, yeah. 'A great ugly brute'. I'd beat him up. Draco deserves it."

"Meh. But what if your own twin brother is dying?!"

"I'm not," a male voice said as we walked into the Hospital Wing. I looked to my left, and saw Draco sitting up in bed with bandages on his arm. He also had a sling. Madam Pomfrey was walking away as Morana and I walked towards Draco.

"Are you okay?" Morana asked him.

"Actually," Draco responded, looking to see how far away Madam Pomfrey was, "I'm fine. My arm doesn't really hurt. Just please don't tell Pansy."

"Wh-why?" Morana asked.

"Because I want to seem like a hero to her. You know. Impress her. We have only really been acting like friends besides kissing each other, and I want to change that.

"Sure, like that's gonna fix your relationship," I muttered.

Draco looked at me. "And what would you suggest? And what are you even doing here?"

I sighed, slightly looking towards Morana. "Well, I'm here to see if I'm an only child. If I was my life would be a whole lot better." Draco frowned at that. "But... If you don't like her - Pansy - or if you don't like dating her break up with her. Date somebody else that you do" -in the short amount of time that I said this word I looked at Morana- "like. Y'know?"

"Hm. Yeah. I do. But Pansy's not the main reason I'm doing this. So quite frankly it's a bit irrelevant."

I rolled my eyes. "You're the worst."

"Shut up, Aura."

"Hm. Never, Draco."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS TEACHER, TAKE 3

The next day. A magical day. That means that I'm one day closer to not having to hear Draco's bullshit anymore. Ah. The weekends are so nice. One can dream of not seeing Draco's face or listening to him talk. I only get the weekends of the school year where this dream is a reality.

Poor me. Having to live with him.

WHY COULDN'T I HAVE BEEN BORN TO ANOTHER FAMILY?! A NICER ONE. I DON'T CARE IF WE'RE MAGICAL OR NOT. I JUST WANT A NICE FAMILY WHERE EVERYONE IS NICE TO ME. I MEAN, BROTHERS AND SISTERS TEASE EACH OTHER, BUT MY BROTHER'S A TOTAL DOUCHEBAG.

S-sorry. I just got a bit carried away at my rant.

Anyway, the next day. Draco didn't come to classes until half way through Potions. That was fine by me. He could sit in bed all day and I wouldn't care.

He swaggered (like a boss; nah, JK, my brother's a loser) into the classroom. Which was in the dungeon like his dormitory.

"How is it, Draco?" Pansy asked him once he came into class. "Does it hurt much?"

"Yeah," Draco answered the second question. He put on a brave grimace. Then once Pansy looked away he looked at Crabbe and Goyle and winked.

Grrrrrrr.

"Settle down, settle down," Professor Snape said.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I hate Snape. And it doesn't help that he favors his own House, Slytherin, since he's the Head of it. He's a good teacher, but a terrible person. And, like, if I came in late, or Tess did, or Xenia, or pretty much anybody that wasn't Slytherin he'd give them detention. But no. Slytherins just get a 'settle down'.

...then again he occasionally lets me get away with things because I'm a Malfoy...

Uuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhhhh.

Fudging Snape.

So in class we were making a Shrinking Solution potion. Tess, Xenia, Morana, and I were all at the same table with our cauldrons. Draco set his cauldron up so that he was at the same table as Harry and Ron, who were right behind us. Morana sighed quietly, but I could hear since I was next to her.

"Sir," Draco called to Snape, "sir, I'll need help cutting up these daisy roots, because of my arm -"

"Weasley, cut up Malfoy's roots for him," Snape said without looking up. Morana smirked as she was cutting up her roots.

"There's nothing wrong with your arm," I heard Ron hiss at Draco. I assume Draco smirked, but I wasn't entirely sure.

"Weasley, you heard Professor Snape; cut up these roots," my dick brother said.

I heard Ron cutting Draco's roots.

"Professor," Draco said, "Weasley's mutilating my roots, sir."

Snape walked over past our table to the table behind us. "Change roots with Malfoy, Wealsey."

"But, sir -!"

I turned around and saw Ron's roots were all even whereas he made Draco's uneven.

"Now," Snape said in his voice that I feared the most.

I heard a sliding sound, maybe Ron giving Draco his roots. Then I heard somebody pick up a knife.

"And, sir," Draco spoke again, "I'll need this shrivelfig skinned." His voice was full of malicious laughter, which my brother specialized since before we were born. Not literally, but you know what I mean.

"Potter, you can skin Malfoy's shrivelfig," Snape said.

Morana had the biggest smirk I've ever seen on her face.

"Happy there?" I whispered.

"Mm, maybe." Morana half-smiled.

Snape walked away.

"Seen your pal Hagrid lately?" Draco asked quietly to Ron and Harry, I think.

"None of your business," Ron answered.

"I'm afraid he won't be a teacher much longer." My brother spoke with mock sorrow in his voice. "Father's not very happy about my injury -"

'It's not an injury, you probably just have a scar,' I thought, my voice in my head sounding like I was gritting my teeth.

"Keep talking, Malfoy, and I'll give you a real injury," Ron snarled.

Xenia snorted quietly.

"- he's complained to the school governors," Draco continued. "And to the Ministry of Magic. Father's got a lot of influence, you know. And a lasting injury like this -" He sighed, but it was obviously fake, "- who knows if my arm'll ever be the same again?"

"Ever heard of a scar, douchewad?" Tess muttered. "You'll live."

"So that's why you're putting it on," Harry finally spoke. "To try to get Hagrid fired."

"Well," Draco moved his voice down to a whisper now, "partly, Potter. But there are other benefits too. Weasley, slice my caterpillars for me."

"Orange, Longbottom," I heard Snape speak. "Orange. Tell me, boy, does anything penetrate that thick skull of yours? Didn't you hear me say, quite clearly, that only one rat spleen was needed? Didn't I state plainly that a dash of leech juice would suffice? What do I have to do to make you understand, Longbottom?"

"Please, sir, please," Hermione spoke now, "I could help Neville put it right -"

"I don't remember asking you to show off, Miss Granger," Snape interrupted coldly. "Longbottom, at the end of this lesson we will feed a few drops of this potion to your toad and see what happens. Perhaps that will encourage you to do it properly."

"Help me," I heard Neville moan, probably to Hermione.

"Hey, Harry," Seamus Finnigan said, "have you heard? Daily Prophet this morning - they reckon Sirius Black's been sighted."

"Where?" Ron and Harry both asked.

"Not too far from here," Seamus answered. "It was a Muggle who saw him. 'Course, she didn't really understand. The Muggles think he's just an ordinary criminal, don't they? So she phoned the telephone hot line. By the time the Ministry of Magic got there, he was gone."

"Not too far from here..." Ron repeated. "What, Malfoy? Need something else skinned?" I had almost looked at him when he said 'Malfoy', but then realized he probably wasn't talking to me.

"Thinking of trying to catch Black single-handed, Potter?" the other Malfoy asked.

"Yeah, that's right," Harry answered, although he probably was being sarcastic or something. Why would a thirteen-year-old want to go after a murderer?

"Of course, if it was me," Draco said quietly, but again, I was right in front of him so I could hear, "I'd have done something before now. I wouldn't be staying in school like a good boy, I'd be out there looking for him."

Morana bit her bottom lip as she was skinning her last shrivelfig.

"What are you talking about, Malfoy?" Ron asked.

I then stopped what I was doing. Oh. I knew what Draco was talking about...

Oh.

"Don't you know, Potter?" Draco breathed.

"Know what?"

I sighed quietly. "Crap," I muttered through gritted teeth. "Crap crap crap."

As I was muttering to myself Draco was laughing in a low, quiet, sneering tone. "Maybe you'd rather not risk your neck. Want to leave it to the dementors, do you? But if it was me, I'd want revenge. I'd hunt him down myself."

"What are you talking about?" Harry asked angrily.

Oh, poor Harry. Poor, poor Harry...

"You should have finished adding your ingredients by now;" Snape said, "this potion needs to stew before it can be drunk, so clear away while it simmers and then we'll test Longbottom's..."

I heard Crabbe and Goyle laughing. They were probably laughing at Neville. Poor Neville...

Morana, Xenia, Tess, and I were all done with our potions, so Morana and Tess took the ingredients we hadn't used and the supplies we did use to go put them away.

When they came back, Snape had walked over to Neville. "Everyone gather 'round, and watch what happens to Longbottom's toad. If he managed to produce a Shrinking Solution, it will shrink to a tadpole. If, as I don't doubt, he has done it wrong, his toad is likely to be poisoned."

Everyone (except the majority of Slytherins) watched fearfully. Most of the Slytherins looked excited. Morana just had a blank expression on her face. Snape picked up Neville's toad, Trevor, then fed him some of Neville's potion. It was silent. Then Trevor gulped, there was a popping noise, and Trevor was now a tadpole. Everyone but the Slytherins applauded.

"Five points from Gryffindor," Snape said. Everybody that was smiling wasn't anymore. "I told you not to help him, Miss Granger. Class dismissed."

We all walked out of the class.

"What did Draco mean?" Tess asked. "When he was talking to Harry about him and Black and revenge?"

I sighed. "Well...this makes sense that you don't know this... Um, Sirius Black, who's my mom's cousin? He...he kinda told You-Know-Who about where the Potters were. He's the reason Harry's parents are dead."

Everyone was silent as we went further up the stairs.

"Oh," Xenia said. "For once, I actually don't want to know something."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS TEACHER, TAKE 3

As we were going to our next class, Morana and I looked at our schedules. For second period it said that we had both Charms and Study of Ancient Runes.

"Huh?" Morana asked. "Uh, Mudblood?"

Xenia sighed a long sigh. "Dammit. I was so close. Yeah, Death Eater?"

"Um, what do we - what're we supposed to do? Um, this says, for Aura and me, that Charms and Ancient Runes are at the same time."

"Huh huh what?" Xenia asked. She looked at my schedule. "Huh. Well, what d'ya know? It does."

"But..." I began. "But don't we need to do Charms?"

Tess made an 'I don't know' sound. You know the sound, right? It's kinda like 'I don't know', but it isn't? Yeah. That noise. "Uh, quite possibly. I mean, you could talk to Dumbledore about it before you go into class."

"Hm. Okay. We will."

"Woah woah woah, hold up," Morana said to me. "We?"

"Yes, Morana," I said slowly as I nodded my head. "You need to come with me."

"But -!"

"You don't need to talk. You just need to show up."

Morana sighed thankfully and nodded. When she's upset she doesn't like talking to people that aren't really her friends. I learned that the more I knew her.

"Okay," I smiled at Xenia and Tess. "We're gonna go talk to Dumbledore. We might see you in Charms!"

"'Kays!" Xenia said. "Bye!"

"Have fun, you two!" Tess joked. Morana and I went up to Dumbledore's office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS TEACHER, TAKE 3

When we were at Dumbledore's door (try saying that three times fast) I knocked.

"Come in," Dumbledore answered.

I opened the door, and we stepped inside. "Hello, Professor Dumbledore."

"Miss Malfoy. Miss Drax."

"Well, you see, this schedule says that Charms and Study of Ancient Runes are at the same time. And since we're supposed to be in both we were wondering which ones we had to take."

Dumbledore walked closer to us. "Well, you can either choose to do one or the other, or alternate each week. It is up to you. I will just have to tell the other professor what you will be doing."

I looked at Morana. We pretty much had a silent conversation in our heads. It kinda went like this:

'What do you think we should do?' I asked.

'We could do both,' Morana answered. 'Switch each week what we're doing. The classes aren't that hard. We can alternate.'

'Agreed.'

I looked back at Professor Dumbledore. "We will be doing both. We will alternate each week. This week we think we'll start with...Charms."

"Alright. Then I will tell Professor Flitwick and Professor Babbling what you two plan to do."

"Actually," Morana put in, "we could tell Professor Flitwick. I mean, we're gonna see him anyway."

Dumbledore smiled kindly. "That would be nice. Thank you."

"Mm-hm."

"Okay," I said. "We're done here. Thank you, Professor."

"You're welcome, Miss Malfoy. Miss Drax."

We left his office to go to Charms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS TEACHER, TAKE 3

So we went to Charms, blah blah blah.

After that we went to Defense Against the Dark Arts. Professor Lupin wasn't there. I don't know where he was though. Everyone sat down in their seats, got out their books and quills and parchment, and we waited for Professor Lupin. He came into the room a minute later with a smile on his face, and he put his briefcase on the desk.

"Good afternoon," he told us. "Would you please put all your books in your bags. Today's will be a practical lesson. You will need only your wands."

We put our books and stuff away, and got out our wands.

I loved my wand. It was thirteen-and-a-half inches long (by American standards). The wood was walnut, and the core was dragon heart string. It was also quite flexible. So, I loved it. I thought my wand was bloody awesome.

Morana's looked pretty cool, too. Hers was fourteen-and-a-half inches long, the wood was oak, and the core was unicorn hair that was supple. It looked really pretty.

Xenia's was nice. It was fourteen inches, ebony, had unicorn hair, and was reasonably supple. It was pretty bad ass.

Tess's was shorter than ours, but it was really cool. It was nine inches long, the wood was maple, the core was also unicorn hair, and it was fairly bendy.

Hey, look. I'm different.

"Right then," Lupin went on once everyone was ready. "If you'll follow me." We went out of the classroom and turned a corner, where we saw Peeves the poltergeist.

Oh, yeah. Not all if you have read the books. Erm. Well, Peeves is the poltergeist at our school. He plays a lot of practical jokes, and is also really rude. So he's like a mix between the Wealsey twins and Draco if they were dead. Kinda. If you understand what I mean. Yeeeaaah...

And Peeves decided to sing us a little song, "Loony, loopy Lupin. Loony, loopy Lupin, loony, loopy Lupin-"

Okay, that didn't make sense. Rude he might be, but he always respected the teachers. This was a first.

Although, I believe Lupin was still smiling. He then spoke, "I'd take that gum out of the keyhole if I were you, Peeves. Mr. Filch won't be able to get in to his brooms."

Peeves responded by blowing a raspberry at him.

Lupin sighed a small sigh before taking out his wand. "This is a useful little spell," he said to the class over his shoulder. "Please watch closely." He raised his wand to point at Peeves then said, "Waddiwasi!"

The chewing gum that was in the keyhole thingy shot out and went right into Peeves' nostril. Peeves zoomed away cursing.

"Cool, sir!" Dean Thomas said in amazement. I was so amazed I couldn't speak.

"Thank you, Dean." Lupin put his wand away. "Shall we proceed?"

And proceed we did. Lupin took us to the staffroom.

"Inside, please," Lupin said to us as he opened the door. There were a bunch of chairs in the long room, and all of them were empty except one. And that seat was filled by Professor Snape, whose face was in a sneer.

GrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

As Lupin went to close the door Snape said, "Leave it open, Lupin. I'd rather not witness this." He got up and walked towards the door. In the doorway, he spun around. "Possibly no one's warned you, Lupin, but this class contains Neville Longbottom."

'And?' I thought.

"I would advise you not to entrust him with anything difficult."

'Excuse you?'

"Not unless Miss Granger is hissing instructions in his ear."

SNAPE IS A (and please don't tell anybody I said this) A MOTHERF**KING DOUCHE DICK SHITBAG!!!!!!

Yyyeeeaaahhh...please don't tell anybody I said that. Especially my mother and father. Pwease??? (Gives you a puppy dog face until you cave.)

Okay! :)

So, uh, Professor Lupin raised an eyebrow, then responded to Snape's dickbag comment, "I was hoping that Neville would assist me with the first stage of the operation, and I am sure he will perform it admirably."

Neville's face that was red turned even redder. Oh. Poor guy.

Professor Snape left, shutting the door behind him.

"Now, then," Lupin continued. Lupin beckoned us to follow him towards a wardrobe. Lupin went to stand next to it, but then the wardrobe started to move, and looked like it was gonna bang against the wall. Morana, Tess, Xenia, and I jumped.

"Nothing to worry about," Lupin said calmly. "There's a boggart in there."

I widened my eyes then looked at Morana, Tess, and Xenia. Morana and Tess were staring back, but Xenia just looked confused with her frown, and that she was mouthing 'What?' at Lupin.

"Boggarts like dark, enclosed spaces. Wardrobes, the gaps beneath beds, the cupboards under sinks -"

"I had one hiding under my bed once," Morana whispered to me. "And it was back when I was afraid of bundimun, so." Morana shrugged.

"This one," Lupin continued, "moved in yesterday afternoon, and I asked the headmaster if the staff would leave it to give my third years some practice."

"Heeey," Morana said dancing around a little. I heard a faint laugh. Morana and I turned around to see Draco behind us.

"Oh, hey," Morana said, smirking. "Whatcha laughin' at?"

"You," Draco answered. "Your enthusiasm for this boring ass class."

"Hm. It's the simple things, sweetie," Morana said with a smile. We both turned back around to look at Lupin.

"Sweetie?" I asked her quietly.

"Yeah, yeah, shut up," Morana said with a small smile.

"He does not yet know what will frighten the person on the other side of this door," Lupin continued. I think we missed something. "Nobody knows what a boggart looks like when he is alone, but when I let him out, he will immediately become whatever each of us most fears. This means that we have a huge advantage over the boggart before we begin. Have you spotted it, Harry?"

I saw a hand shoot up that was probably Hermione's.

"Smart ass," Draco whispered.

"Yeah," I said to him, turning my head. "'Cause she works hard. Shut the hell up." I turned my head back to the front as I sighed.

"Er - because there are so many of us," Harry answered, "it won't know what shape it should be?"

"Precisely," Lupin said, Hermione's hand going down. "It's always best to have company when you're dealing with a boggart."

"You couldn't have told me that when I was five?" Morana asked quietly. I heard Draco snicker.

"Which should he become," Lupin continued, "a headless corpse or a flesh-eating slug?" Yeah, well, if he did either I'd vomit on his feet. "I once saw a boggart make that very mistake - tried to frighten two people at once and turned himself into half a slug. Not remotely frightening. The charm that repels a boggart is simple, yet it requires force of mind. You see, the thing that really finishes a boggart is laughter. What you need to do is force it to assume a shape that you find amusing. We will practice the charm without wands first. After me, please...riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus!" the whole class said together.

"This class is ridiculous," Draco muttered.

"Ug," I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"Good. Very good," Lupin told us. "But that was the easy part, I'm afraid."

"Hopefully not too afraid," Morana said quietly. "The boggart might turn into it." I snorted.

"And this is where you come in, Neville," Lupin continued. The wardrobe shook again, and so was Neville as he walked forward. "Right, Neville. First things first: what would you say is the thing that frightens you most in the world?" Neville didn't reply. "Didn't catch that, Neville, sorry," Lupin said kinda cheerfully.

Neville looked around the room like he needed help, then kinda whispered, "Professor Snape." A lot of people laughed, including Morana and Draco. Xenia winced, I said a silent "Ooh", and Tess put her hands on her heart.

"Professor Snape..." Lupin said. "Hmmm...Neville, I believe you live with your grandmother?"

"Er - yes," Neville answered nervously. Poor, poor Neville... "But - I don't want the boggart to turn into her either."

I snorted and Morana sorta sniggered.

"No, no, you misunderstood me," Lupin said with a smile. He probably found it funny, too. "I wonder, could you tell us what sort of clothes your grandmother usually wears?"

Morana raised a dark eyebrow.

"Well..." Neville answered, "always the same hat. A tall one with a stuffed vulture on top."

Morana frowned, pouting her bottom lip a little.

"And a long dress..." Neville continued, "green, normally...and sometimes a fox-fur scarf."

"And a handbag?" Lupin asked.

"A big red one."

"Hm," Morana said, looking up with her eyes. "Hmm, meh. I wouldn't wear that."

"Yes," Neville said. He probably answered something Lupin asked that I didn't catch.

"When the boggart bursts out of the wardrobe, Neville," Lupin said, "and sees you, it will assume the form of Professor Snape." Xenia breathed in sharply, and stood up straighter. "And you will raise your wand - thus - and cry 'Riddikulus' - and concentrate hard on you grandmother's clothes. If all goes well, Professor Boggart Snape will be forced into that vulture-topped hat, and that green dress, with that big red handbag."

A lot of people started laughing. The wardrobe shook violently.

"If Neville is successful," Lupin went on, "the boggart is likely to shift his attention to each of us in turn. I would like all of you to take a moment now to think of the thing that scares you most," -I shuddered at the thought- " and imagine how you might force it to look comical..."

The room went quiet. Everyone was thinking. The thing that scared me most...well...I don't...I don't wanna share because you might laugh at me...but I have a legitimate reason for being scared of it! Believe me!

I kinda thought that other people might think that my fear itself would be funny, so I didn't think of anything comical to turn it into.

"Everyone ready?" Lupin asked after a couple of minutes. No one answered, but I don't think anyone was ready. "Neville, we're going to back away."

"Hell yeah we are," Morana whispered, taking a few steps back.

"I'll call the next person forward..." Lupin said. "Everyone back, now, so Neville can get a clear shot -"

Everyone backed up to go against the wall, Morana accidentally bumping into Draco in the process.

"S-sorry," she muttered to him as she moved.

Neville and Lupin were the only ones not close to the walls, but Lupin was closer.

"On the count of three, Neville," Lupin said as he had his wand pointed to the handle of the wardrobe. "One - two - three - now!" Sparks came from his wand and headed towards the wardrobe.

The boggart came out of the wardrobe, looking like Professor Snape. Neville was backing away from Boggart Snape as he was walking closer.

"R-r-riddikulus!" Neville squeaked. I heard a sound like a whip cracking, and Boggart Snape stumbled. Neville made him wear a long dress that was lace-trimmed. He had a tall hat that Neville had described with the vulture, and he also had a big red handbag. Basically everyone laughed. Even Draco laughed!

"Parvati!" Lupin shouted. "Forward!"

Oh thank God he didn't call me!

Parvati walked forward, there was a whip crack, and the boggart turned into a mummy.

"Riddikulus!" Parvati cried. A bandage unraveled at it's feet. It tripped, fell on its face, and its head came off. People continued laughing.

"Seamus!"

Seamus walked forward. The boggart turned into a...green tinged woman with looooong black hair. I didn't know what it was...until it shrr-ieked.

"Oh, God," I whispered. "This is how I die."

Morana giggled at me as the banshee (that's what it was) made a rasping noise and clutched her throat. Seamus must've done the charm.

I don't remember the people for most of them, but I do remember what the boggart turned into:

A rat and then it chased its tail in a circle
A rattlesnake and then it writhed around
A single bloody eyeball

"Uhh!" I said in a disgusted tone at the eye.

"It's confused!" Lupin shouted. "We're getting there! Dean!"

Dean Thomas ran forward, and the boggart turned into a hand. Just...a hand. Mehl. It started moving, like crawling, across the floor. Ew! After Dean did the charm the hand was in a mousetrap.

"Excellent! Ron, you next!"

Ron ran forward, and the boggart turned intro a six-foot-tall, hairy spider. I stifled up, the hairs on the back of my neck going up as I smiled widely with my teeth and widened my eyes. Quite a few people screamed, including Morana. When she shrieked she turned to press herself up against the wall, but Draco was in the way, and he wrapped his arms around her, hugged her, then said, "It's okay." I frowned. Draco...was comforting Morana???...and not Pansy...who had also screamed?

Huh...

After Ron did the charm, the spider's legs went away, and it rolled. Lavender squealed and ran out of its way. It landed in front of Harry's feet. It was about to turn into his fear, when Lupin went in front of him. It turned into...a silvery-white sphere thingy... It kinda looked like the moon... Anyway, Lupin did the riddikulus thing.

"Forward, Neville, finish him off!" Lupin said as the boggart went on the ground as a measly little cockroach.

It then changed back to Snape. Neville shouted, "Riddikulus!" Snape was back in a dress, and then Neville said "Ha!" and the boggart exploded into smoke.

"Excellent!" Lupin said as a lot of people clapped (including Morana).

"He didn't shake up this time," Morana explained without me asking. "That definitely deserves an applause."

"Five points to Gryffindor for every person to tackle the boggart, " Lupin said, "ten for Neville because he did it twice...and five each to Hermione and Harry."

"But I didn't do anything," Harry said.

"You and Hermione answered my questions correctly at the start of the class, Harry. Very well, everyone, an excellent lesson. Homework, kindly read the chapter on boggarts and summarize it for me...to be handed in on Monday. That will be all."

Morana (apparently) was still resting her head on Draco's chest, and she walked away from him, walking towards Tess, Xenia, and me, who were walking out the door to get our stuff in the other classroom.

"So, how was that?" Tess smirked at her.

"Ho-how was what?" Morana blushed.

"Oh, come on!" Xenia said. She moved a piece of Tess's hair so that it wasn't in her eye. "I could've seen that when I was, like, five!"

Morana blushed even harder. "So...aren't you glad that Professor Lupin didn't call on any of us."

"Oo, yeah," Tess nodded, her shoulder accidentally bumping mine. She shuddered. "So...Morana...I've always wondered what Slytherins feared...and, well...you're a Slytherin..."

"No shit!" Morana said kinda loudly.

"Okay! Geesh! Well anyway, I was wondering...what do you fear the most?"

Morana's eyes suddenly looked very sad. "Um...mostly just...people...loosing my trust... and or, um, it would be people abandoning me. Sooo...I don't know what the boggart would've done... So!" she said with a smile, turning her head to me. "Aur-ra!" she said in a sing-song voice. "What is your biggest fear?"

I blushed. "Oh...it's silly..."

"Noo. No fear is silly."

I sighed. "Okay. Don't laugh." Morana nodded. I sighed again. "My biggest fear is...pink fluffy demon unicorns dancing on a colorless rainbow."

Everyone was silent for a second. Then Morana started laughing while Tess and Xenia laughed stiffly. They were probably trying not to laugh.

"You've gotta be shittin' me," Morana said.

"I'm not," I nervously smiled.

Morana laughed some more. "Oh! My! God! Ha! You-you're scared of pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows?!"

"Okay look," I began as Morana, Xenia, and Tess all began to laugh, "it's pink fluffy demon-demon unicorns dancing on a col-or-less rain-bow! There's a difference!"

"Yeah, alright," Tess said, rolling her eyes.

"Actually there is a difference," Xenia half-smiled.

"And what would that be, Mudblood?"

"The one is cute and cuddly!" Xenia answered Morana. "The other one is a pink fluffy unicorn dancing on a rainbow."

"Uh!" I said, my jaw dropped, looking at Xenia. My three best friends laughed. "Okay, look, it's a demon, okay? Demons are creepy. And it's dancing on a colorless rainbow." They kept laughing. I eventually joined in. I'm still scared of pink fluffy demon unicorns dancing on colorless rainbows, don't get me wrong! But, yeah! It's funny!

"So, Insightful Bitch," Morana said.

"Aaaahhh!" Tess said. "Just when I thought her nickname wasn't insulting!"

Morana chuckled. "You're welcomes. So, uh, what's your biggest fear?"

Tess sighed. She was silent for a second. "Cows." She shuddered.

Morana stared at Tess before snorting. "C-cows?"

"Yes."

"Like...the animal, cows?"

"No, like the type of money."

"Ha ha. But...why are you afraid of cows? Wait, hold on."

We were getting our stuff out of the DADA classroom. Once we were out to go to our dormitories Morana continued.

"Okay, continue," Morana said.

"When I was younger I was almost trampled by a cow." We all stared at her. She replied with a half-smile.

"Yeah, okay."

"SERIOUSLY?!" I yelled at Morana. "That's acceptable, but my fear isn't?!"

"She almost got killed by a cow. Have you almost gotten killed by a unicorn?"

"Well...noooo..."

"See? What about you, Mudblood? What's your fear?"

"Uh...well...Dumbledore...kicking me out of Hogwarts..."

"Wh...why?" Tess asked.

"Because...I felt like I failed in the Muggle world. Then...then I heard of this place and...I was determined not to fail here. So...I actually wanna fit in somewhere, you know? So...yeah..."

We all just stared at her.

"Damn," Tess said. "That's deep, man."

We all sorta giggled at her comment.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

111K 2K 24
Shes liked him since fifth year, but he's liked her since first. Who knows what will happen if the two go together, The Slytherin Prince + The Gryfin...
56.2K 1.9K 18
Second in the LOVED Series It's their second year together, and a lot has changed. Think a long-lost twin would throw a spanner in the works? Eh, wro...
5.9K 154 28
#1 [BOOK ONE] "He's so close that his heart thumps against my skin, its rhythm mirroring the crazed woodpeckering of my own heart. It is like we are...
1.7K 191 22
Life at the orphanage is all Ria has ever known. After her parents left her at the door when she was merely an year old, she strived to enjoy life th...