Under The Same Sky | Newt X ÂĄ...

By 1-800-MH

*CURRENTLY EDITING* 𑁍 = Edited (You can still read) Based on The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials & Death Cure *... More

A/n and short trailer
~Cast~
•Just The Beginning• 𑁍
•The Task• 𑁍
•Cranks•
•Sob Stories•
•Friends•
A/n! Must read!
Ch.6 •My Boys•
Ch.7 •Rooftop•
Ch.8 •Later Boys•
Ch.9 •RUN•
Ch.10 •The Scorch•
Ch.11 •Brenda?•
Ch.12 •Favorite Song•
Ch.13 •Marcus•
Ch.14 •Right Arm•
Ch.15 •Traitor•
Ch.16 •What Now•
Ch.17 •Letters•
Ch.18 •Train Heist•
Ch.19 •Drained•
Ch. 20 •Tunnel•
Ch.21 •Buttercup?•
Ch. 22 •The Last City•
Ch.23 •Promises•
Ch.24 •He's Not Here•
Ch.25 •You're Insane!•
Ch.27 •Just Leave Me•
Ch.28 •Take Me Home•
Ch. 29 •Her Hazel Eyes•
Ch. 30 •It's Okay•
Ch. 31 •Peace•
Ch.32 •Safe Haven•
Ch.33 •Nightmares•
Ch.34 •The Final Chapter•
Extra: *More than Just Photos*

Ch.26 •We Will Finish It•

593 16 3
By 1-800-MH

Y/n's POV:

We slid near some concrete short walls hiding as helicopters and vehicles passed by. I sat with Newt and Minho. While Oliver was beside Gally and Thomas. "Well, they're definitely pissed." I heard Gally say. "How far are the tunnels?" Thomas asked him and Oliver. "Uh, maybe 12 blocks from here. We can make it." Gally reassured him as Newt constantly coughed beside me. "Hey. Hey, it's going to be okay." I breathed as I pushed some of his hair out of his face and helped him unzip his jacket. "Newt, how are you feeling?" Minho asked as I went to check up on Oli. "Terrible. It's good to see you though." I heard Newt mumble as I slid over to Oli, Gally, and Thomas. "Oli how are you feeling?" I asked as he unzipped his jacket.

Oli seemed to have more energy than Newt because the serum he took had slowed down the virus but not stopped it. "I'm getting weaker I can feel all my bones aching. But he's worse." Oli said as he coughed and threw his heavy jacket to the side. "Hey. How long have they been like this?" Minho interrupted my thoughts as he came by me. "They'll be okay. We just gotta get to Brenda." Thomas said before I could speak. "Yeah, she's got the serum," I said to Minho. "Come on, let's go," Thomas said to me as he took off his jacket and we walked over to Newt. "Hey, Newt. Come on, bud. We gotta get you up. Let's go." Thomas said as I helped Newt stand so that Thomas could hold him. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Thomas and I said as Newt almost fell. "You okay? Newt we can do this." Thomas and I said as we held onto Newt.

Narrator's POV:

"Why you helping us, Gally?" Minho asked Gally as he looked into his eyes.
Gally looked at Y/n struggling with Newt for a moment then back at Minho. "For her, she deserves to be happy," Gally said looking into Minho's eyes to show that he wasn't lying. Minho looked at Y/n then Gally and nodded in agreement, "But I put a spear through your chest." Minho breathed looking at Gally. "Yeah. Nobody's perfect, man." Gally replied patting his shoulder standing up to follow Y/n, Thomas, and Newt. "Let's go." Oliver coughed as he stood up with Minho behind him.

~

Inside the WICKED building, Teresa had a cotton wad stained with blood in a container and a bloody cotton napkin stained in another. Teresa poured some liquid onto both. She took two syringes and withdrew the blood from the napkin first. Then she mixed Thomas's blood with the vitamins and enzyme causing the mixture to turn blue. Teresa takes a drop from the blue liquid and places it under the microscope. She takes a look into the microscope and retreats with a shocked face. She quickly grabs the second syringe and withdraws
Y/n's blood from the cotton wad. She repeated the process she did with Thomas's blood and put a droplet under the microscope. Teresa looks into the microscope and gasps backing away and putting a hand over her mouth in shock.

~

"Lawrence!" Brenda yelled as she ran into his building with Fry and the kids behind her. "Wait, guys. Wait, wait, wait." Fry instructed as he put a hand in front of the kids. "Where is everyone? Wait here, guys. Wait. Thomas! Y/n!" Fry exclaimed as Brenda ran further into the building. "Hey! Lawrence!" Brenda and Fry yelled their voices echoing in the empty building. "Everything's gone." Brenda state looking around. She walked away from the group and pressed on the walkie-talkie. "Y/n, are you there? Y/n can you hear me it's Brenda." Brenda breathed into the walkie talkie waiting for a response. Thomas and Minho were holding Newt when they heard Brenda's voice. "Hold on. Hold on set him down."

Thomas grunted as they sat Newt down on a staircase beside Oliver. Thomas pulled out the walkie-talkie and passed it to Y/n. "Hey, Brenda. Yeah, I'm here." Y/n breathed as she looked over at Newt and Oliver. "Where the hell are you guys?" Brenda asked. "We got Minho! We're on our way to the tunnels now." Y/n stated looking back at Newt and Oliver again. "Brenda. Newt and Oli aren't doing so good," Y/n mumbled worriedly into the walkie-talkie. "Listen don't worry about that. I've got the serums, okay." Brenda stated holding up the two serums in hand. "It's okay, hang in there," Minho told Newt in the background. "Y/n somethings up. Lawrence is gone." Brenda told Y/n, Gally heard what Brenda said and walked up to Y/n.

Gally looked at Y/n confused, "What is she talking about, he's gone." Gally said loud enough for Brenda to hear. "Him, his crew, everything, all cleared out. It's just weird, I don't know what's going on. But I think you need to get the hell out of there, now." Brenda stated. "Okay. We're on our way just have the serums ready." Y/n said holding the walkie-talkie in her hand. "Over," Brenda said as Y/n handed the walkie-talkie back to Thomas. "Shit, what is he planning?" Y/n mumbled as she helped Oliver up. "Nothing good, Lawrence always has something up his sleeve." Oliver coughed standing up looking at Y/n.

~

"Don't be scared. I may not be pretty, but we all know who the enemies are, cowering behind those walls!" Lawrence exclaimed to the group as he stood on the back of a truck and people cheered at Lawrence's words. "They have a name for people like us in there. They call us Cranks! But I say that they are the monsters." Lawrence continued as people booed and cheered.

"They're the ones who started this war, but tonight, we will finish it."

Lawrence stated as he hit his staff again the trunk and people cheered. "Follow me. Follow me, and we will show them the faces of the people that they have chosen to forget! Follow me and this city is yours!"  Lawrence yelled and received loud cheers from the crowd. He turned around in the trunk facing forward. He pulled out a walkie talkie remembering that he had given the other to Y/n. "Y/n?" He said into the walkie-talkie and waited a moment.

Y/n's POV:

I heard Lawrence's voice coming from the walkie-talkie he gave me before I left, "Lawrence, why did you all leave the building?" I asked into the walkie. "No time for that, are you out of the city?!" I heard Lawrence ask. "No, not yet, we're heading towards the tunnels," I responded. "You need to get out of there soon!" Lawrence replied. "Lawrence? What are you planning?!" I asked confused as I heard cheering in the background. Oliver and Gally glanced at me confused as we walked through the city. I heard something clang against what sounded like a car roof, "it seems that time has come for me to say goodbye." I heard Lawrence say.

I shook my head tears threatening to spill, "wh- what are you doing!?" I exclaimed as I heard a car speeding and a flare stick? Being lit. "Take care Y/n, and take care of those two boys. You were the daughter and they were the sons I never had. Say hello to Minho for me, he never got to meet me. But for the last time, you three stay out of trouble... goodbye kids." I heard him whisper the last part. I knew there was nothing we could do for him anymore. "Goodbye, Lawrence," I mumbled and heard an explosion. We all slightly sucked but looked up to see a huge explosion happening towards the entrance of the city.

We all stared at the city falling apart in front of us in shock. I stood in between Oliver and Gally with Minho, Newt, and Thomas beside Oli. "Shit," I mumbled as a tear rolled down my cheek but I quickly wiped it away. "I'm going to miss that old man." Oli sniffled from beside me wiping a tear. "We're supposed to take down WICKED, not the whole damn city," Gally said from beside me. Minho, Newt, and Thomas looked at us seeing how much Lawrence had impacted our lives. Thomas and Minho helped Newt walk as I helped Oli walk. "Gally, come on." I heard Thomas say to Gally as Gally just stared at the city. "Gal, come on. We have to hurry." I yelled so that Gally could hear me. He came out of his daze and followed behind us.

Narrator's POV:

"Teresa, what are you still doing here? We have to leave." Ava Paige said as she walked in and saw Teresa looking at a computer. "No, I can't leave. Not without Thomas and Y/n." Teresa stated looking from the microscope to the computer where she had Y/n and Thomas's files open. Y/n's file barely had any information because she never got tested before. "It's too late for that. They're gone." Ava sighed with a calm voice. "No. No, you don't understand. I need more." Teresa breathed as she held up two test tubes that contained blood.

"Come. Look." Teresa said as Ava walked over to the microscope and took a look. "This is Thomas blood, it's not just slowing the virus down. It's destroying it." Teresa state as she quickly inserted Y/n's sample for Ava to see. "Y/n's blood. It's destroying it too, but faster than Thomas's." Teresa stated as Ava watched the virus be taken apart and disappear through the microscope. Ava looked up from the microscope and looked at Teresa with shock and disbelief. "We need to find Y/n and Thomas," Teresa stated with a nod.

•••••••••••
Word count: 1658

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 379 77
"You think your good enough for that?" "Tell that to the man you have to bury." *************************************************** The Scorch Rea...
633K 15.8K 20
Y/N was sent up to the Maze midway through the trials due to her disobedience and disloyalty to W.I.C.K.E.D. She becomes a sister to all the Gladers...
18.1K 425 34
'You have my word, I'm with you till the end.' *READ THE GIRL IN THE GLADE + THE GIRL IN THE SCORCH* It's been six months, six months since they l...
11.5K 217 12
When Minho gets taken by WICKED, Raven is desperate to save him. She makes plans with the few other Gladers that are left. But it's not that easy as...