Plain and Simple (Harry Style...

By sammiephazes

Harry Styles, international pop star, self proclaimed hipster, and infamous ladies man has just found the nex... More

Plain and Simple
Cider and Black
Sing and Dance
Facts and Fiction
Paparazzi and Parties
Halyn and Bathrooms
Twitter and Photos
Tickets and Friendship
Time and Food
Dinner and Gifts
Friendships Changed and Lines Crossed
Windows and Endings
The Truth and The Drinking
Planes and Trains
Concert and Confession
Love and Ex's
Coffee and Deja Vu
Coming Back and Going Out
Dancing and Proposals
Choices and Decisions
Big Steps and Big Happenings
Late Chats and Made Plans
Happy and Interrupted
New Flat and Shopping Trip
Dresses and Lingerie
Dressing Rooms and Secret Purchases
Long Drives and Family Matters
Competition and Eavesdropping
Phone Calls and Cuddling
Bread and Sweets
Carly and Gossip
Fake and Real
Winning and Losing Control
Tattoos and Truths
Sitting and Waiting
Old Ways and Big Mistakes
Love Letter and Fixing
Living and Learning
Hello and Hello
The Happily Ever After?

Saying Goodbye and Spreading Love

4.8K 99 23
By sammiephazes

Heyo! Another chapter another 1000 reads! And sadly only 3 more chapters until the end...*deep breaths* read review vote :) I would also like to shamelessly promote my WP wife's story Love Is Payne. @Cravinglouis

If you have not had the chance to read you need to stop reading this and go check it out!, her story deserves 10000000 reads! :)

--------------

*3 months later...

Harry knew today was the day Dylan was leaving...for good. Louis told Harry that Eleanor was going to see Dylan off.

Harry had not spoken to Dylan since he severed all ties with her. He had so many draft text messages but was always to afraid to send them. Reporters tried to ask what had happened and he simply dodged the questions and changed the subject. And when they would not stop asking he had to give the rehearsed answer he had practiced over and over again in the mirror. We are still friends. Every so often he would catch himself searching her name and finding images of her going out with friends or running errands. She had become a mini celebrity. She seemed to grin and bare the photographers and then the amount of pictures slowly died down until they were no more.

Harry was snapped out of his trance by Louis sticking his head into Harry's bedroom. "Are you coming?"

"She wouldn't want me there. She didn't want me there last time. What is different this time?"

"This is the last time. This time she isn't coming back. You really want whatever you have to disappear?" Louis gave him the you-know-I'm-right look.

Harry didn't even think twice as he grabbed his leather bomber jacket and followed Louis out the door.

They hopped into Eleanor's car and she squealed, "Yay! You got him to come."

"Wasn't hard." Louis smirked and leaned in to lay a gentle kiss on El's lips.

As they drove to Heathrow Harry's mind was racing with what could happen. He had come up with hundreds of different scenarios. Most of which ended with him either getting slapped or being pulled away by security. Before he even realized it they were pulling into a parking structure and climbing out of the car.

Eleanor and Louis walked hand in hand in front of Harry and he watched as the strolled joyfully towards the terminal. He smiled at how genuinely happy they were and the next thing he saw was El let go of Louis' hand and took off running. Harry looked and saw her hugging Dylan tightly.

He felt his breath catch at how beautiful she looked. She was wearing her standard beanie with hair cascading out, a beige trench, black skinny jeans, and a pair of what looked like suede bucks. When he finally made it up to her he smile did not fade. It was a genuine smile. One he had not seen in ages.

"Harry." She said.

"Dylan." Was all he could reply. She put out her arms and before he had a chance to wrap his arms around her, Louis jumped into her arms.

"Oh Louis. I am going to miss your massive awkward hugs," she giggled as he released her. Harry had not heard that giggle in so long. She seemed genuinely happy. I guess leaving her was the best thing I could have done for her.

"Alright now Harry can hug you." Louis stepped away. Harry moved up and gave her a friendly hug. It felt so good. He had forgotten how well they had fit together.

"I can't believe you are leaving already." He spoke.

She did not let go of him. She simply pulled back so that they could face each other. She looked up at him, "It seems like just yesterday we got matching tattoos."

He let go of her and lifted his jacket sleeve up. "Plain and simple." He smiled as he saw her fingers gently stroked the fully healed flesh.

"I don't think I ever saw it fully healed. It looks great by the way. My mom went on close to a four hour rant about how irresponsible I was for letting a young boy trick me into getting a tattoo." The group of them had all walked into the terminal and towards the check in line.

"We will wait over there for you. Harry why don't you help Dylie carry her bags." Eleanor said pulling Louis over to the row of plastic chairs attached to the wall.

Dylan shook her head laughing, "I swear she will never stop."

He smiled awkwardly and grabbed two of her large bags. They stood in the line in comfortable silence. She looked over at him and smiled brightly, "You look great by the way. I can see you got a few more tattoos." She pointed to her own collar bones and he looked down at his own.

"Yeah. Just a few."

"Well they look good."

"You look good as well. Amazing actually. Happier." He whispered that last word hoping she wouldn't hear it but the girl had ears like a hawk.

Her head dipped a bit but then she looked back up at him, "Yeah. Well you were right. I needed to focus on school and my studies. So I did, ended up with the highest marks in the program and I am going home to start the shop I always dreamed of. What more could I ask for?"

He was so impressed he could not even be sad at the fact he would probably never see her again. He didn't even know what to say so he decided to say nothing. She reached the woman who quickly checked the bags and handed Dylan her ticket.

"Now I have two hours to kill before they announce my gate" they were making their way towards Louis and Eleanor.

"Should we grab a bite to eat?" Harry suggested to the group.

"We would love to but Louis actually got us tickets to a show tonight and we need to go and get ready." Eleanor smiled wildly. Harry had to roll his eyes. Dylan was right El would never stop. El walked over to Dylan and gave her a strong hug. "I am going to miss you so much! We will Skype at least once a week and I will see you in October for your launch party. Cannot wait to see the shop."

"What launch party?" Harry asked.

Eleanor covered her mouth but peeled the fingers off her lips to speak, "Opps...Dylie will explain once we leave. Dylie I love you and you are one of my best friends. I am so lucky Harry met you." She gave Dylan one final hug and stepped away for Louis to pay his respects to Dylan.

"Dy, it has been real. See you in October." Louis gave her a tight hug. El grabbed his hand and they walked off.

Harry turned to Dylan, "What launch party?"

"I am having a launch party when my shop opens after all the renovations." She began to walk toward the small food court.

He followed after her, "And...I don't get an invite?"

"Sorry. I didn't think you would want to come. We haven't spoken in a few months-"

He cut her off, "Two and quarter."

"Looks whose been counting." She smiled but she knew it was something he did not mean to be mocked. Her smile faded and she continued, "I have an extra invite." She began to rummage through her bag, when she pulled out the invite and handed it to him he noticed it had his name on the envelope. He looked into her eyes with surprise. She shrugged and replied, "I guess I kept hoping you would call or text so I could invite you." She had gone from confident to nervous in a matter of seconds.

"It is a two way road."

"Yeah well we drive on different sides on the road so we were both confused."

He had to laugh at her sad excuse and it instantly lightened the mood, "Lets' get that food."

----

"Flight VA129 to Newark Gate 14. Flight VA129 to Newark Gate 14." The automated voice spoke over the PA system. Dylan looked over up at the screen and hrumphed.

"Guess that's me." She stood up and grabbed her backpack and her bag. "Thanks for keeping me company. And paying for my last British meal." She smiled.

"No problem." He stood up and shoved his hands awkwardly into his pockets and had no clue what to do with himself. "I am going to miss you." He stated.

She looked up at him and smiled, "I am gonna miss you too. But maybe I will see you at the launch. Don't be a stranger. Keep in touch."

"Same to you." He leaned his body on his tip toes and then back to his heels in a rocking motion.

"How about I will text you in the minute I land." She laughed.

"You better!" He joked seriously. He looked at the board and then back at her. "You probably should get going. Wouldn't want you to miss your flight."

Her face was serious and confused. He was about to ask her what was wrong but before he could she flung herself at him. Her arms wrapped around his neck and he didn't even think to react. His arms made their way around her slendered waist. She really had lost a lot of weight. She loosened her grip and looked up at him. He could tell her mind was racing with a million thought because his was too.

"I love you" she crashed her lips quickly onto his but then ran through the security station.

Did she just say she loved me? What the hell just happened?

"Don't worry you will be able to make that up." A voice said behind him. He spun to see a teenage girl who must have watched what had just happened.

"Excuse me?" He asked in a daze.

"She knew you would freeze up when she said that. She didn't want you to chase after her. But you will see her again. You can tell her you feel the same way...but I assume you already did. Haylan was quite the power force a few months ago." She laughed.

He smiled at the girl, "Thank you..."

"Alyssa"

"Alyssa. Thank you for your wise words."

"Reading and writing One Direction fan fictions comes in handy. Who knew?" She shrugged, smiled and walked away.

He smiled and ran out of the airport to catch a cab home. He needed to tell someone and he knew just who to tell.

----------

Alyssa is based off my WP bestie @wannabealyssaxx :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.9K 842 29
Harry's life was perfect. Stunning girlfriend. Good friends. The picture perfect idea of his future after graduation. So when his mother uprooted his...
150K 3.5K 37
Harry Styles is the school nerd, who gets bullied by his crush Louis Tomlinson and Louis friends Zayn, Niall and Luke. Harry only has one friend Liam...
163K 5K 18
Louis Tomlinson is a 17-year-old teenager who lives in Doncaster. He doesn't care about anything, only wears black and definitely smokes too much. Li...
38.8K 1.7K 57
Harry Styles has been the protege of his parents since he was fourteen years old. With missing so much of his childhood, he doesn't exactly know how...