Under The Same Sky | Newt X Ā”...

By 1-800-MH

*CURRENTLY EDITING* š‘ = Edited (You can still read) Based on The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials & Death Cure *... More

A/n and short trailer
~Cast~
ā€¢Just The Beginningā€¢ š‘
ā€¢The Taskā€¢ š‘
ā€¢Cranksā€¢
ā€¢Sob Storiesā€¢
ā€¢Friendsā€¢
A/n! Must read!
Ch.6 ā€¢My Boysā€¢
Ch.7 ā€¢Rooftopā€¢
Ch.8 ā€¢Later Boysā€¢
Ch.9 ā€¢RUNā€¢
Ch.10 ā€¢The Scorchā€¢
Ch.11 ā€¢Brenda?ā€¢
Ch.12 ā€¢Favorite Songā€¢
Ch.13 ā€¢Marcusā€¢
Ch.14 ā€¢Right Armā€¢
Ch.15 ā€¢Traitorā€¢
Ch.16 ā€¢What Nowā€¢
Ch.17 ā€¢Lettersā€¢
Ch.18 ā€¢Train Heistā€¢
Ch. 20 ā€¢Tunnelā€¢
Ch.21 ā€¢Buttercup?ā€¢
Ch. 22 ā€¢The Last Cityā€¢
Ch.23 ā€¢Promisesā€¢
Ch.24 ā€¢He's Not Hereā€¢
Ch.25 ā€¢You're Insane!ā€¢
Ch.26 ā€¢We Will Finish Itā€¢
Ch.27 ā€¢Just Leave Meā€¢
Ch.28 ā€¢Take Me Homeā€¢
Ch. 29 ā€¢Her Hazel Eyesā€¢
Ch. 30 ā€¢It's Okayā€¢
Ch. 31 ā€¢Peaceā€¢
Ch.32 ā€¢Safe Havenā€¢
Ch.33 ā€¢Nightmaresā€¢
Ch.34 ā€¢The Final Chapterā€¢
Extra: *More than Just Photos*

Ch.19 ā€¢Drainedā€¢

773 19 0
By 1-800-MH

Y/n's POV:

We all heard someone speak out we turned around to see Harriet, "Hey it's Aris, he's talking!" She said to us before walking back. We all stood up and went to the room where Aris, Harriet, and Sonya were in. When we walked in I sat on a crate behind where Thomas was kneeling in front of Aris. Sonya was cleaning up his wounds and Harriet had brought them something to drink. "Took you guys long enough to rescue us," Aris said looking at all of us with a grin. "It's good to see you, too, bud." Thomas said as we all smiled. "So what happened?" I asked Aris causing him to look at me. "I fought back. Tried to, anyway." He said looking down at his cup.

"You're lucky you found us at all. They had us on the move a lot. It felt like something big was happening." Sonya said looking at Thomas and glancing at the rest of us. "Any idea where they were heading?" Newt asked looking at Sonya then Aris. "All I know is they kept talking about a city," Aris said looking at Thomas as Thomas glanced at Newt and me with a confused face. "I didn't think there were any cities left," Harriet spoke up and asked the question for us. Wait could Wicked be talking about 'The Last City' I thought to myself. "That's because there aren't. Not still standing, anyway." Brenda said bringing me back to reality. "Okay, wait. What about Minho?" I asked looking at Aris and Sonya. "Why wasn't he on the train?" Thomas asked after me. "I'm sorry, Y/n. He was." Aris said looking at me with an apologetic face.

Narrator's POV:

"They got 40, maybe 50 kids. We're still compiling an official count, but the pilot got a good look. He thinks it was them." Said a Wicked worker as he and Janson walked beside the train. "Of course it was them. What about the Berg?" Said Janson as they kept walking. "We tracked it a few miles. But someone must have known about the locator. They're totally off the grid." Said the Wicked worker as they got to the containers that held more immune kids. "Move it, Immunes." Yelled a man pushing the kids out of the container. "C22. B9." Another Wicked worker called out as the kids were being scanned. "We're searching the area, but they're probably long gone by now." Said the Wicked worker beside Janson. "Oh, no, they're not going anywhere. She didn't get what she really wanted." Janson said mentioning Y/n, standing in front of the kids kneeling. Minho looked up and looked Janson in the eyes with hate not saying a word feeling drained.

Y/n's POV:

Thomas and I gathered with Fry, Brenda, Vince, and Newt. I stood in between Newt and Brenda. Thomas took out a map, "There, that's it. It's a few hundred miles. Based on the railways, everything that Aris told us, that's gotta be where they're headed." Thomas said pointing at the map looking at Vince. I walked around the table and stood beside Thomas taking a closer look at the map. "That's where they're taking Minho," I said as my finger hovered around the circle on the map.

Thomas nodded at me and looked back to Vince, "We take everyone who can fight. Follow the roads where we can." Thomas said with a pleading face. "We can make it baPwithin let's say week," I said looking up at Vince. "A week? It took us six months to get here. We got over 100 kids here now. We can't just hang out here forever after what we just pulled. You wanna wander off to some random point on the map. You don't even know what's there." Vince said looking at Thomas and I but especially at me.

"I do. It's been a few years, but I've been there." My uncle Jorge spoke out walking out from behind us. I didn't look up I was still studying the map in front of me. Then it came to me, "The Last City. That's what WICKED called it. I was there a month before I met you guys" I said motioning to Thomas, Newt, and Fry. "It was their whole base of operations. If that city is still standing, that's the last place you wanna go, Hermano. That's the lion's den." Jorge said tapping his finger on the map. "It's nothing we haven't done before," Thomas said looking at Jorge.

"Yes, and if the City is still standing I might know some people that could help," I suggested getting memories of Gally and Oliver back. "Yeah, with months of planning, and reliable information, the element of surprise, none of which we have now," Vince said with hand motions. "Vince, I've thought this through," Thomas said looking at him. No one said a word so I decided to back him up, "would you just hear us out?" I said standing straight no longer leaning on the table. "The last time we went off half-cocked...I lost everything. You remember that?" Vince raised his voice cutting me off.

I looked down for a moment and looked back up again. "Look, I know it's Minho. All right? But you can't ask me to put those kids on the line for one man. I won't do it." Vince said lowering his voice looking at me with a sympathetic look. Thomas gave me a look then we both turned to Newt. The radio started making noise, "Searching the grid now. A is completed. Scanning B-sector now." We heard voices come from the radio. "Shit. Hit the lights." Thomas said as my uncle Jorge pulled the lever.

We all ran out in different directions warning the kids. I was on the beach with Vince and Thomas. "Jeez, they're getting close," Vince said as we looked at the helicopter lights getting close. "You're right," Thomas said looking at Vince. "We can't stay here and risk these kids' freedom," I said still looking out into the distance trying to make up a plan in my head. Vince put a comforting hand on my shoulder and walked away. I sat down in the sand still thinking about a plan. I hadn't even noticed Thomas walked away.

I got up and walked to my hammock packing a bag of things I might need. Somehow I luckily still had my dagger till this day and I grabbed a handgun that was loaded. I was walking past the hammocks when I heard someone moving around in their hammock, Sonya. Sonya sat up rubbing her eyes then looked at me I looked at her with a pleading face. "I know what you're doing and I'm not going to stop you. If you're leaving with the others please, take care of them....especially Newt." Sonya said as she motioned me to hug her.

I hugged her and said "I'll do my best. Thank you, Sonya." She nodded and smiled, "I think my real name might be Lizzy but I'm not sure yet I keep getting the same flashback of the name and a boy calling me that as kids." She said with a confused smile. "We'll figure it out soon, Lizzy I promise," I said walking out. I walked into the garage looking down while cleaning my dagger when I felt someone's presence. "Where do you think you're going then, love," Newt said turning on the lamp beside him.

"Newt..." I said trying to form a way to convince him to stay. "Don't be a twat about it. I'm already in. Come on." Newt said taking my backpack off my shoulders and holding my hand. "No. Newt, not this time. I can't risk you getting hurt." I said trying to get my backpack back as he put held it in his other hand away from me. "Even if we do find Minho...there's no guarantee we'll make it back from this it's too dangerous," I said as I gave up and stopped reaching for my bag. "Well, you'll need all the help you can get then, hmm?" Newt said putting my bag in the back seat. He opened the front door revealing Fry in the driver's seat and Thomas in the passenger seat.

"Hey, Y/n!" Fry said with a grin. I smiled and then Thomas spoke up, "you once said "we'll always be with you, Thomas" now it's our turn we'll always be with you, Y/n." He said as he smiled. I smiled and gave him a nod as thanks. I looked back at Newt, his arms crossed with that knowing smirk on his face. "Well, we started this together. May as well end it that way, too." Newt said holding out his hand for me. I put out my hand and took a hold of his hand, "alright you guys win. Let's go get Min Min back." I said as Newt and I got into the back seats of the truck and drove off on the look for Minho.

Narrator's POV

Minho was awoken by the sound of the gentle breeze. He opened his eyes and looked at the tree above him sunlight shining through. Minho sits up with wide eyes as he takes in where he is. He stands up in shock as he realizes where he has been put, "No." Minho mumbles to himself as he turns in a circle looking at the maze walls. Minho begins to walk around the place he had once know as the Glade. He suddenly hears a familiar sound coming from a distance. He spots three familiar male figures in the distance resembling Winston, Chuck, and Alby. Chuck was engraving his name into the stone wall as Alby and Winston watched beside him. "Hey!" Minho yelled getting their attention, the three boys turned around and Minho got a look at them and was in shock to be seeing them.

He heard leaves crunch nearby, a boy was running fast heading into a door. A girl he recognized as his sister running after the boy, "Hey! Hey! No, no, no. Wait. Hey! Hey, wait, Y/n, wait! Hey, smalls, it's okay! Hey!" Minho yelled running after his sister and the boy through the door. Minho runs into the door to find himself in the hallways of tunnels. He hears a screeching sound and doors open he begins to run as he is being chased by a Griver. He turns around to catch a glance shining a bright light into his eyes. He turns back around but he is no longer able to move, as he tries moving his arms he ends up being pulled by a strange force into the ceiling as he grunted in pain. He became silent and still as he heard the Griver getting closer.

He slightly looked down to see his sister be thrown into a wall by the Griver he watched as her body laid unconscious on the floor. Tears rolled down his cheeks as the Griver clawed the ceiling beside him and let out an awful screech. "Y/n! Y/n! No!" Minho yelled awaking as he let out scared screams, he was being drained with tubes coming out of his body. His body calming down feeling drained and tired as he remembered what he had just experienced, a tear rolling down his cheek as he closed his eyes, tired.

"It's not as effective as the maze, but it seems to be working." A man in a lab coat said speaking to Ava Paige through the glass. "It's promising. But we'll need a larger sample to work with." Ava said to the doctor as she looked at Teresa, Teresa kept her focus on the people in front of her not looking at Ava. "All right. Carry on." Said the man in the lab coat as he signaled the other doctors to continue with what they were doing to Minho. "No! No!" Minho yelled and screamed in pain as they continued to give him more visions and Teresa watched with a straight face looking down not wanting to watch what was in front of her.

••••••••••

Word count: 2031

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 2.4K 21
(This is the 2nd part to my other story "The Maze trials: A Gally Fanfiction". This will cover the events of the scorch trails and the death cure.) ...
17.4K 340 19
Y/n was one of the first few people to enter Janson's 'safe haven', along with Aris. As a new group of people show up, the chaos begins. what will y...
111K 5.5K 54
[REWRITE COMING SOON] A story where a boy with a mysterious and complicated past falls for the boy with a limp. [ newt x male oc x teresa] *** PART I...
1.3K 25 16
Sequel to The Glader. (Fanfic on my profile) Zoe and the gladers have been rescued from W.C.K.D by an unknown organization. Or have they? When Thomas...