Under The Same Sky | Newt X ÂĄ...

By 1-800-MH

*CURRENTLY EDITING* 𑁍 = Edited (You can still read) Based on The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials & Death Cure *... More

A/n and short trailer
~Cast~
•Just The Beginning• 𑁍
•The Task• 𑁍
•Cranks•
•Sob Stories•
•Friends•
A/n! Must read!
Ch.6 •My Boys•
Ch.7 •Rooftop•
Ch.8 •Later Boys•
Ch.9 •RUN•
Ch.10 •The Scorch•
Ch.11 •Brenda?•
Ch.12 •Favorite Song•
Ch.13 •Marcus•
Ch.14 •Right Arm•
Ch.15 •Traitor•
Ch.17 •Letters•
Ch.18 •Train Heist•
Ch.19 •Drained•
Ch. 20 •Tunnel•
Ch.21 •Buttercup?•
Ch. 22 •The Last City•
Ch.23 •Promises•
Ch.24 •He's Not Here•
Ch.25 •You're Insane!•
Ch.26 •We Will Finish It•
Ch.27 •Just Leave Me•
Ch.28 •Take Me Home•
Ch. 29 •Her Hazel Eyes•
Ch. 30 •It's Okay•
Ch. 31 •Peace•
Ch.32 •Safe Haven•
Ch.33 •Nightmares•
Ch.34 •The Final Chapter•
Extra: *More than Just Photos*

Ch.16 •What Now•

1K 24 4
By 1-800-MH

Y/n's POV:

"Come on Janson, Load them up. Let's go! All these people get rid of them! Let's go! Let's go!" Ava yelled as she began to walk away. A soldier grabbed Sonya and Aris first and began to pull them to the berg. "Sonya! Aris!" Harriet yelled as we saw them get pulled away. Before anyone could say anything else Thomas elbowed the man behind him and pulled out a bomb with the red button trigger. "Get back! Everyone, stand back! Stand back!" Thomas yelled causing all of us to look at him as he held his thumb over the trigger. "Hold your fire!" Janson yelled to the Wicked soldiers. "Stand back! Let 'em go!" Thomas yelled pointing the bomb at Janson and Ava. "Thomas put it down," Janson said trying to calm Thomas down.

"Let 'em all go!" Thomas yelled louder again. "You know I can't do that!" Ava yelled stepping forward. "Thomas, please stop. I made a deal with them. They promised we'd be safe, all of us." Teresa yelled looking at Thomas while glancing at me. "And I'm supposed to trust you now?!" Thomas responded. "It's true it was her only condition," Ava said as she glanced at Teresa and looked at Thomas. "Shut up!" Thomas yelled losing his patience. "Everything can go back to the way it was. Thomas... do you really want all of them to die?" Ava stated looking into Thomas's eyes. "Listen to her, Thomas. Think about what you're doing." Janson said trying to convince Thomas.

Minho walked up to Thomas standing next to him as I stood next to Minho with Newt on my other side and Fry next to Thomas. Newt kissed me and looked at Thomas, "We're with you, Thomas." He said as he held my hand. "Go ahead, we'll always be with you, Thomas," I said in a soft tome and nodded. "No." Teresa whisper yelled. "Don't" Ava exclaimed. "Do it, Thomas," Minho said as he held my hand. "We're ready," Fry said with a soft voice. "We're not going back there," Thomas said shaking his head. "Thomas?" Ava said. "It's the only way," Thomas said about to press the trigger. I closed my eyes and tightened my grip on Newt and Minho's hands. At that moment I wasn't afraid of death, I was ready.

"Thomas!" I heard Ava yelled not long before we heard a truck's horn as driving full speed. We all opened our eyes and saw the truck driving full speed into a helicopter. We all fell to the floor due to the pieces of helicopter flying everywhere. Harriet helped me up, "you okay?" She asked but before I could answer her questions I heard a gun reload. "Freeze! Drop it, kid!" The Wicked soldier yelled. Thomas threw the bomb, "Run! Get down!" Thomas yelled as we all ran Thomas only got a few feet far before falling. We didn't get to see Thomas fall due to the explosion being so loud so we kept running. "Get outta here! Go! Go!" Minho yelled at us as he picked up a gun. "Careful Minho!" Newt yelled back.

"Come on, Thomas! Get outta here!" Minho yelled as Thomas ran by. "Minho, let's go!" I heard Thomas yell. "Come on Min Min!" I yelled at my brother as I tried pulling him with me. He shoved me behind him "Go Y/n! Keep running!" He said glancing at me with a serious face, "get out of here! Go!" Minho yelled before Newt grabbed my hand and ran behind a crate. "Get down!" Newt yelled as he put an arm around me. Minho was shooting the guards until the gun got stuck and he got shot in the chest with an electric gun. Causing his body to stiffen and fall over a crate looking at us. "Minho!" I yelled as I ran towards him with Newt, Fry, and Thomas trying to stop me. "Come back!" I heard Fry yell. "Y/n, get back!" Newt yelled from closer behind.

"No! Y/n, no!" I heard Thomas yell even closer behind me. "Go!" Minho managed to yell. "No!" I yelled as Thomas grabbed my shoulders and the other two boys helped hold me back. My uncle Jorge ran over and saw the boy struggling to hold me back. He took their place and held me back as he shot soldiers in the process. "MINHO!" I continued to yell. "Go! Come on!" My uncle Jorge yelled as I tried to get out of his grasp, "No! No!" I yelled but he kept pulling me with him. We got as far away as we could until we got to a small cliff and saw as Wicked held my unconscious brother. They also took Sonya, Aris, and many other immunes with them. We all stood there in silence until the Berg shut.

Tears rolled down my eyes like rivers. Thomas grabbed my shoulders I looked straight into my eyes, "we're getting him back I promise." Thomas stated with watery eyes. I nodded and hugged him, Thomas is like Minho's brother and he wanted to get him back just as badly as the rest of us. He let go and went to talk to Jorge and Brenda. I sat down on a rock near a still-burning fire looking around at the mess Wicked had caused. I sat there thinking about a plan or something to save Minho. I rubbed my neck remembering that Wicked had tagged me and called me Subject A8 {The Mystery}

When Ava said that I didn't know what she meant by that until now, Wicked's calling me The Mystery because they've never tested a single drop of my blood, I'm a remaining mystery that they want. Newt came and sat next to me and pulled me into his chest. "I just got him back, Newt," I said as put my face on his chest. He rubbed my back letting me cry in his arms, "I know, love...We'll get him back sooner or later." He said as his natural British accent showed. It was one of the many things I loved.

Still Y/n's POV: (The next day)

It was the next day we had spent all morning trying to clean up and gather anything useful. I saw Brenda and Jorge sat on some rocks as Thomas gathered canned foods. Newt had a Wicked helmet and set it down on a surface as he just stared at it in thought. I sat next to Fry, my head on his shoulder, as I carved on a wooden stick with my dagger. Vince and Harriet stood not far from where we were sitting. "What do we do now?" Fry asked from beside me. "Well, we pick up what's left of us. We stick to the plan. We get you kids to the Safe Haven. Then we start over, I guess." Vince said as he stood up straight and looked around.

"I'm not going with you," Thomas stated getting up and putting a bag across his body. I grabbed my backpack and stood up too. "Y/n?" Fry said as he saw me stand up. "I'm not either, I can't," I said walking over to stand beside Thomas. Thomas just looked at me with not wanting to argue about me going. "What?" Vince asked confused looking at the two of us. I let Thomas talk, "I made a promise to Minho. I wouldn't leave him behind." Thomas said looking at Vince. "I have to go after him," Thomas said towards me. "I'm coming with and nothing will change my mind he's my brother," I said shaking my head.

"Hey, kids, look around you. All right? WICKED just kicked our ass. You think about where you're headed." Vince said looking at us. "We're not asking anyone to come with us," I said looking at Vince in the eyes. "Y/n Thomas, listen to me. I've known Minho for...Well, as long as I can remember. So, if there was any way that we could help him...trust me, I would be up there standing next to you two. This, what you're talking about...is impossible." Newt said looking at the two of us especially me. "More like suicide." My uncle said coming up to us with Brenda. "Maybe. But I know what I'm supposed to do now. It's not just about Minho. It's about all of us." Thomas said looking at everyone.

I continued for him, "It's about everyone's that's died getting us here I can't- I won't let their sacrifices be for nothing, everyone WICKED's ever taken from us, everyone they will take. They'll never stop." I said looking at everyone around us. "They'll never stop, so we're gonna stop them. I'm gonna kill Ava Paige." Thomas said finally including me. "I have to admit...I'd like some revenge." Harriet said firmly clutching her bag. Vince looked at her then back at Thomas and me, "Well, that's a good speech, kids. So, what's your plan." Vince asked as everyone else looked at us. Since that day we've been planning to try to get a hold of Wicked and save my brother and the other kids that took.

We've been moving around looking and gathering things for our plan we found a good place to stay for a while as we planned, Vince and other people were fixing a huge ship and getting it ready for when we leave to the Safe Haven. I've spent my days helping Harriet and Brenda gather weapons and getting them ready. Thomas and I are in charge of most of the planning with Vince's help. Newt and I spend some time together in the afternoons on the beach nearby, it's always peaceful there. Fry started getting in the kitchen to cook for us. I help him on the day's Newt helps Vince and the others with the ship. My parents taught me how to cook but Fry's been teaching me even more recipes and foods. He told me about him being a cook for 50+ boys the whole glade and he told me about the famous stew he used to make for them.

Every time I go to help him with the food he tells me a different story about the glade. Today he was telling me the story about him and Winston haggling over a chicken. "So then I saw Alby walk by showing around Thomas who was the new Greenie, and I remember yell'n, Alby tell this man to give me another chicken." I laughed as I cut the vegetables. "And what did Winston say?" I asked pouring the vegetables into the stew. "Well Winston got attached to this chicken, he yelled "but I like this chicken!" Not wanting me to turn it into our next meal. You should've seen the look on his face," he said smiling with a wide grin. "I also had a smile on my face, "so did you kill the chicken?" I asked Fry as I was now stirring the stew.

"He never gave that chicken up! 'Had to make eggs instead." Fry said as he took the spoon from me a stirred the stew. I leaned on the counter, "alright go call your boyfriend and the others, stews almost ready. Thanks for your help" Fry said as he emphasized the word boyfriend. I playfully rolled my eyes and took off my apron. "See ya later, Fry!" I said as I walked out of the kitchen. "See ya, N/n!" Fry yelled out. I walked out to see Thomas, Newt, and Vince crossing their arms looking at the ship in front of them. I ran over and hugged Newt from behind, "Hello, love." Newt greeted me as he wrapped an arm around my waist. "Hello, how's it coming? Hey Vince, Thomas." I said as I nodded to them. "Dinner's ready, stew, Fry's specialty!"

I said as Thomas walked past us and ruffled my hair, "hey! I just combed my hair! I'll get you back later," Thomas I yelled as he scurried off with Vince not far behind. "Don't be long, kids!" Vince yelled as he was getting closer to the shed/building. "Can you see us settled down together in the future at the Safe Haven?" I asked Newt as I turned around to face him in the hug. Newt didn't even think twice, "yes, you and me till my last breath." He said looking straight into my eyes showing he meant it. "You and me till my last breath," I said repeating the same phrase reassuring him the same from me. "I love you, Newt," I said for the first time I even shocked myself. I was embarrassed what if it's too early for I love you. I put my face in his chest to hide the blush of embarrassment on my face.

He grabbed my face and looked into my eyes, "I love you, Y/n" Newt said before we shared a kiss. We held hands and walked towards the kitchen. Thomas, Fry, Harriet, and Brenda were standing in the doorway watching us from afar. "Newt, how long do you think they've been standing there?" I said nudging him. Newt laughed, "Don't know but they won't shut up about us." Newt said as we walked up to them. Fry made kissy faces while Thomas imitated our voices and the girls laughed shaking their heads. "Oh yeah, so mature guys," I said as I blushed and playfully rolled my eyes. Newt laughed and had a tint of blush on his cheeks. "Well what are we waiting for, I'm hungry!" I said as I grabbed two bowls of stew for Newt and me. I handed it to him and we all sat down around a small bonfire.

••••••••••••••
Word count: 2309

A/n: That's the end of Scorch Trials. I will be starting to write for The Death Cure soon. It will all be in the same book! ~Author 1-800-MH ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 5.5K 54
[REWRITE COMING SOON] A story where a boy with a mysterious and complicated past falls for the boy with a limp. [ newt x male oc x teresa] *** PART I...
47.2K 1.2K 71
COMPLETED - UNDER EDITING!! This will include The Maze Runner and The Death Cure (I'm only going to do a brief summary of The Scorch Trials because G...
18.1K 425 34
'You have my word, I'm with you till the end.' *READ THE GIRL IN THE GLADE + THE GIRL IN THE SCORCH* It's been six months, six months since they l...
150K 4.4K 19
Even though what is left of the Gladers has escaped the Maze, this does not mean they're safe. What happens when they're forced to face the terrors o...