Under The Same Sky | Newt X ÂĄ...

By 1-800-MH

*CURRENTLY EDITING* 𑁍 = Edited (You can still read) Based on The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials & Death Cure *... More

A/n and short trailer
~Cast~
•Just The Beginning• 𑁍
•The Task• 𑁍
•Cranks•
•Sob Stories•
•Friends•
A/n! Must read!
Ch.6 •My Boys•
Ch.7 •Rooftop•
Ch.8 •Later Boys•
Ch.9 •RUN•
Ch.10 •The Scorch•
Ch.12 •Favorite Song•
Ch.13 •Marcus•
Ch.14 •Right Arm•
Ch.15 •Traitor•
Ch.16 •What Now•
Ch.17 •Letters•
Ch.18 •Train Heist•
Ch.19 •Drained•
Ch. 20 •Tunnel•
Ch.21 •Buttercup?•
Ch. 22 •The Last City•
Ch.23 •Promises•
Ch.24 •He's Not Here•
Ch.25 •You're Insane!•
Ch.26 •We Will Finish It•
Ch.27 •Just Leave Me•
Ch.28 •Take Me Home•
Ch. 29 •Her Hazel Eyes•
Ch. 30 •It's Okay•
Ch. 31 •Peace•
Ch.32 •Safe Haven•
Ch.33 •Nightmares•
Ch.34 •The Final Chapter•
Extra: *More than Just Photos*

Ch.11 •Brenda?•

1.1K 25 6
By 1-800-MH

Oliver's POV: (From The past!) (A day after Y/n left her bunker)

The day after we heard Y/n over the walkie talkie Gally and I were finally sent to take a look at Y/n's bunker. Once we got to the bunker Gally was quick to find Y/n's dad shot dead in the entrance of the bunker. I had only talked to the man a few times before, he didn't like getting out of his room. I was the first to walk into the bunker, it was a mess. I walked into Y/n's room everything was scattered everywhere but no sign of Y/n. I walked into her mom's room to see blood on the floor and her mom laid on the bed. Her mom had been shot in the chest, she was dead.

I had tears threatening to pour out. Over the months when Gally and I visited Y/n, her mother was always so welcoming treating us like we were her kids. She was a mother figure to me. I walked out of the room. And out of the bunker with Gally, after we had searched the entire bunker for Y/n, she was nowhere to be found. Outside we took a look around the area, "Hey! I found something!" Yelled Gally. I ran over and saw him holding the broken walkie-talkie covered in blood.

The last thing we heard over the walkie-talkie was a gunshot, "Gally, maybe she was shot and ran away bleeding," I didn't want to think negatively. I know Y/n is a strong girl, she wouldn't give up. "Too much blood loss," said Gally in a low voice. Neither of us wanted to say what we were both thinking. "Do you think her body is still out in the scorch?" I asked my eyes full of tears as I sat beside Gally, his eyes were also full of tears, we lost our best friend and there was nothing left to do.

Y/n's POV: (Present day)

The next we had all run out of water and just spent the day walking through the hot deserted land. We stopped to sleep on the floor, all of us gathered around in a circle and fell asleep I slept in between Thomas and Newt. Then suddenly I was awoken by someone shaking my leg with a dry voice, Thomas. "Y/n, hey get up!" I quickly woke up and looked around almost forgetting I was in the middle of nowhere. "Newt come on wake up," yelled Thomas not before waking Fry Aris, and Teresa. I turned around to find Minho still laying on the floor I rolled my eyes almost laughing, "Minho wake your ass up!" I yelled shaking him.

"I see something!" Yelled Thomas."What? What is it?" Said Aris in a tired voice. Thomas was pointing out into the distance, "you see that? It's lights." It was the place marked with an "x" on the map I had but it didn't look familiar could my father have made an error? My thoughts were broken by thunder and lightning. We all quickly gathered our things a started running towards true lights. I ran besides Minho, Thomas, and Teresa. Newt, Aris, and Fry slightly in front. The lighting was getting stronger by the minute. I was now running a bit in front of Minho when all of a sudden I heard him scream, "Y/n! Watch out!"

Before I realized what was going on I was thrown across the place. My ears ringing from the sound of a lightning bolt. I looked up and saw Thomas laying on the floor holding his ears looking at something. I looked in the direction Thomas was looking to see Minho laying unconscious smoke coming from his body. Shit had Minho saved me from being struck. I ran over to Minho's side, Thomas barely getting up not far away. "Minho!" I yelled gripping his jacket in my hands trying to wake him.

I couldn't hear my own screams all I could hear were faint ringing and screaming. I felt Thomas pull me off Minho helping me run as Aris and Newt picked Minho up. We ran into a dark room a flashlight was turned on being pointed at Minho. "Are you okay?" Aris asked me from beside me "yeah, yeah just a few scratches. Minho saved me from being struck," I responded quickly coughing. We were all trying to wake Minho."Minho!" I heard Thomas yell shaking Minho's body. "Come on Minho!" I yelled grabbing his arm looking for a pulse.

I was scared, if he died It'd be my fault. He pushed me out of the way and saved me. Pushing back tears I heard Minho grunt, he was looking at his hands. "What happened?" He said in a low voice. "You got struck by lightning," said Thomas. "And you saved me," I said with a thankful smile. "Oh." Was all Minho managed to say with a grin making us all laugh in relief. I saw Teresa walking away so I followed her, "Hey, what's that smell?" She said from in front of me. "Ugh it's disgusting," I said pinching my nose.

Then suddenly I heard an odd yell, a crank. I quickly pulled Teresa back before the crank could reach her. We all screamed noticing we were surrounded by chained-up cranks. "Thanks," Teresa quickly said to me before we all huddled up. "I see you've met our guard dogs," yelled an oddly familiar voice while some lights were turned on revealing a teenage girl with short hair. She walked towards us not being bothered by the cranks.

"You guys look like shit," she stated looking at all of us. I squinted my eyes trying to recognize her when it finally came to me, "Holy shit! Brenda?" I said getting everyone's attention. "Do I know you?" She responded with the sass I missed so much. "Ouch! Really Bren!" I said putting a hand to my heart. Her eyes seemed to light up, only I called her that to annoy her, she hated it. "Wait! Smalls?!" She said with a shocked face. Only she called me that because growing up she was always taller than me. But look at us now, the same height. "The one and only!" I replied with my arms wide open engulfing her into a hug. "Smalls?!" Everyone exclaimed looking at me with confused faces.

"Hey! Only she can call me that!" I snapped playfully rolling my eyes. She's my cousin the one I told you about. "Come on follow me," Brenda said as I followed her but no one else moved. "Unless you wanna stay here with them," Brenda said looking back at them then gave me a look. "Oh come on. Will you guys trust me we're safe!" I said especially towards Minho and Thomas knowing if they both moved so would the others. Minho grabbed Thomas's shoulder as he talked to the group, "Look here shanks...I don't know if she's brave or stupid, but I trust her." I heard Minho say to the group as they all nodded in agreement and turned to face Brenda and I again. "Thanks Minho," I said as he gave me a nod.

"Come on keep up," said Brenda as we all followed behind her. I walked near Aris and Newt, "Jorge wants to meet you," said Brenda from the front. "Who's Jorge?" I heard Thomas say from in front of us. Aris and Newt both looked at me for an answer, "he's my uncle, Jorge." I whispered to both of them. As Brenda went on, we started being followed by some older and bigger men."Anyone else starting to get a bad feeling about this place?" Newt said as Aris pushed me in the middle of the group away from the men. "Not the place, more like the people," I said throwing a glare at one of the men.

"Let's just hear him out. See what he has to say," Thomas said looking at Minho and Newt. We made it to the upstairs, Uncle Jorge messing with a radio. He huffed, "you ever get the feeling the whole world's against you?" He asked turning around. I walked to the front between Minho and Thomas, "every day," I stated looking straight at my uncle. "Y/n, what are you doing here with these people. No, hold that thought we'll talk later," My uncle Jorge stated with a firm voice. He was trying to look tough in front of the group. "Or we could talk now," I said clearly annoyed about his act.

"My parents are dead. I watched them both die right in front of me. My mom died in my arms for gods sake! And you want to talk later?!" I yelled with a numb expression. "Oh, and how could I forget? I think I found my brother and he's standing in this very room right now" I said with a bit of sass, I tend to get carried away. Everyone looked at me in shock, maybe because of the way I said my parents were dead. Or maybe they were wondering which one of them is my brother. My uncle Jorge and Brenda had worried, hurt, shocked faces looking worried for me because I said it all as if it were nothing. But truly it was something, something big to me.

I was tired of seeing people die in front of me left and right, mom, dad, Jack, Winston. It felt like the world was against me taking my family and friends. I didn't want to lose anyone else, and this random group of teenagers had become my friends, no screw friends, they became my family. My uncle didn't know what to say, he was speechless knowing his sister, my mother was dead. I felt two hands pull me back and hug me. I recognize his hands, it was Newt. He hugged me as my uncle went on with his conversation with Thomas and Minho.

"Three questions. Where did you come from? Where are you going? How can I profit?" I heard my uncle say. I wasn't going to answer my uncle's questions clearly it was up to Minho and Thomas to answer. "Don't all answer at once," Jorge said sarcastically. Thomas finally spoke up, "we're headed for the mountains, looking for the Right Arm." "You're looking for ghost you mean. Question number two. Where did you come from?" My uncle went on, by now I had recovered and was standing straight between Newt and Aris who patted my back. "That's our business," I heard Minho state. Oh no, I thought to myself as I saw my uncle Jorge throw a signal at his men.

They grabbed Minho and Thomas and the rest, before a man could grab me I quickly pointed my dagger at his throat, droplets of blood coming from his throat, "I wouldn't try that if I were you." He put his hand up and backed up. "Hey, get off me. Get the hell off me man!" Thomas struggled. "Shut up you big baby," I heard Brenda say to Thomas as she scanned his neck. "You were right," Brenda said as she handed Jorge the scanner. "Right about what!?" I exclaimed looking at Brenda and Jorge. "What is she talking about?" Thomas asked confused.

Jorge chuckled, "I'm sorry Hermano, looks like you're tagged. You came from Wicked, which means you're very valuable." Shit, he might want to sell them back to WCKD. The men grabbed my friends except me. "Hey let them go! Let them go!" I yelled as one of the men held me back. I didn't stop fighting the men so my uncle Jorge gave up, "you were always a fighter growing up, you've gotten stronger," He said as I kept kicking the man holding me. "you just don't give up, do you. Tie her up with the rest she needs to cool down," he ordered the man holding me dragging me to my friends.

We got to a room with a circular pit where I saw my friends tied up. They heard us coming and they all looked our way, "oh hey guys, how's it going?" I said but before I could say anything else the man slammed my body on the floor. "Ow! Hey, your mother ever teach you to respect a female?!" I said but without a warning, he quickly tied my feet together and pulled a lever so that I was now hanging upside down beside Thomas and Teresa. "Why'd he send you here aren't you his niece?" Aris said confused from behind me. "Yeah well I guess, I just don't give up," I said mocking my uncle crossing my arms. "Good plan Thomas. Just hear what your uncle has to say, Y/n. Really working out for us," Minho said hanging behind me. "Shut up Minho," both Thomas and I said in sync. "Ugh we've got to stop saying things at the same time, it's annoying," I said with a chuckle. "So which one of us is your brother?" Thomas asked as I was trying to swing my body towards the lever.

"Uh, can we please talk about that when we get down from here the blood is rushing to my head," I said trying to change to subject. They all tried to reach for the rope on their feet, as I kept trying to swing. "Enjoying the view?" My uncle Jorge said walking into the room. "The hell do you want?" Thomas asked. "That is the question. My men want to sell you back to wicked, well except her," Jorge said as he steadied me from swinging with his cane. I just rolled my eyes, "life has taught them to think small. I'm not like that, something tells me you're not either," Jorge said as he looked straight at Thomas. "Is the blood rushing through my head or is this shank not making any sense," Minho said getting Jorge's attention. "I think it's both," I said now giving up from swinging as I put a hand to my forehead.

Jorge just shook his head at me with a chuckle, "tell me what you know about the Right Arm?" He said turning his attention back to Thomas. "I thought you said they were ghosts," I heard Newt finally speak up. "I happen to believe in ghosts. Especially when I hear them chattering among the airwaves," Jorge said walking towards the lever. "Oh no. Uncle Jorge, please get away from that lever," I said while he only glanced at me. He asked about what they knew about the Right Arm, "we, we don't know much," Thomas said as I shut my eyes ready to hear that lever move. We all suddenly felt the ropes lower and we all screamed. "Woah! Okay, okay they're hiding in the mountains, they attacked wicked, they got out a bunch of kids, that's it that's all we know," Thomas said sincerely.

Before my Uncle could say anything else he was cut off, "yo, Jorge. what's goin' on?" A bald man said walking in. "Me and my new friends were just getting acquainted, we're done now," Jorge said throwing a nod at us. "Hey wait wha- your not gonna help us?" Thomas asked. "What are you just going to leave us here!?" I asked in a mad tone. "Don't worry hermano, we'll get you back to where you belong," he said looking at Thomas. "Hang tight," Jorge said walking out as I let out a groan.

••••••••••••••
Word count: 2512

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 5.5K 54
[REWRITE COMING SOON] A story where a boy with a mysterious and complicated past falls for the boy with a limp. [ newt x male oc x teresa] *** PART I...
72.9K 1.3K 47
"And this is the moment I realize, that all the sadness I saw the day he first smiled at me is gone. That this is the purest smile he ever gave me, t...
47.3K 1.2K 71
COMPLETED - UNDER EDITING!! This will include The Maze Runner and The Death Cure (I'm only going to do a brief summary of The Scorch Trials because G...
299K 6.2K 39
☆~°His Cure°~☆ ☆~°Newt X Reader°~☆ ~°☆°~ (Y/N) was one of the first Gladers, she was only 13 when she arrived not long after Alby and Minho, Newt cam...