Under The Same Sky | Newt X ÂĄ...

By 1-800-MH

*CURRENTLY EDITING* 𑁍 = Edited (You can still read) Based on The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials & Death Cure *... More

A/n and short trailer
~Cast~
•Just The Beginning• 𑁍
•The Task• 𑁍
•Cranks•
•Sob Stories•
•Friends•
A/n! Must read!
Ch.6 •My Boys•
Ch.7 •Rooftop•
Ch.9 •RUN•
Ch.10 •The Scorch•
Ch.11 •Brenda?•
Ch.12 •Favorite Song•
Ch.13 •Marcus•
Ch.14 •Right Arm•
Ch.15 •Traitor•
Ch.16 •What Now•
Ch.17 •Letters•
Ch.18 •Train Heist•
Ch.19 •Drained•
Ch. 20 •Tunnel•
Ch.21 •Buttercup?•
Ch. 22 •The Last City•
Ch.23 •Promises•
Ch.24 •He's Not Here•
Ch.25 •You're Insane!•
Ch.26 •We Will Finish It•
Ch.27 •Just Leave Me•
Ch.28 •Take Me Home•
Ch. 29 •Her Hazel Eyes•
Ch. 30 •It's Okay•
Ch. 31 •Peace•
Ch.32 •Safe Haven•
Ch.33 •Nightmares•
Ch.34 •The Final Chapter•
Extra: *More than Just Photos*

Ch.8 •Later Boys•

1.1K 21 18
By 1-800-MH

Y/n's POV:
(4 days later. Morning of the last day)

Soon it was time for me to head back home. I spent my last four days with my boys and made the most out of it we even pulled one last prank on one of the guys. I said my goodbyes to Carol and thanked her for her support. I was quite sad that I wouldn't be able to see Carol and Lawrence for a while since it's been set up that one of Lawrence's men brings us supplies every month for extra safety. I said my goodbyes, thanks to Lawrence and after some small talk, he wished me a safe trip and walked back into the building. As I was putting my things in my car I felt someone hug me from behind I turned around my eyes meeting his, Gally. "You gonna miss me?" I said as I wrapped my hands around his neck. "Every day," he said pushing some hair behind my ear.

"Hey, can you promise me something?" I said looking into his blue eyes. He nodded and I went on, "promise me that no matter what we'll always be truthful to each other, and no matter where the future takes us we'll always be friends and it'll never be awkward." I said as I held out my pinky. "I promise I will always be there for you whether you're my girlfriend or my closest friend," he said as he intertwined his pinky with mines and kissed me.

I heard footsteps behind us. We turned around and saw Oli walking out to us with a blanket and some water bottles. "Alright love birds that's enough kissing for today," Oli said with a grossed-out face. So Gally purposely gave me a short kiss. "Gross," He said looking at Gally. Then turned to look at me "Buttercup I've got you a blanket in case you get cold and some water for the trip. Oh, I found your gun and dagger on a table, so I reloaded your gun." Oli said handing me my gun, dagger, and place the blanket and water on the passenger seat.

Oli started calling me buttercup after I told him the yellow buttercup flowers Lawrence owns are my favorite. "Thanks for everything Oli, come visit sometime. Yeah?" I said as I hugged Oliver. "Hmm... I'll think about it. I'm going to miss you buttercup. Take care we'll see each other soon," he said as he hugged me tightly let go, and kissed my forehead. I walked back to Gally "I'll see ya later?" "I'll see you later," I said before kissing him one last time. I walked to my car door but before I opened it I turned around and looked at the two boys in front of me. We've come a long way together just the three of us. We had a group hug, "Take care of each other alright." Oli put his arm over Gally's shoulder "you got it buttercup," I slightly turned around and pulled the car door handle.

I turned back around "Look after Lawrence for me, please. Oh and Oli you have got to stop annoying Lawrence," I said as we all started laughing. "We'll do our best." And with that, I hopped into my car. "Later boys. I love you guys," I yelled as I started my car. They both yelled, "We love you too!" and with that, I drove off.

(I'm skipping the drive back home)

I got home and was welcomed by my mom. She rushed to hug me as I got off the car and ran into her arms. I missed my mom so much her hugs were always comforting. She cupped my face in her soft hands and examined my face for any cuts or bruises. Then she grabbed my hands lifting them to examine. Yes, mom was a very worried woman sometimes a little extra but I love her. She noticed the scar on my hand and lifted it in front of my face, "Mija, what happened to your hand!" Sometimes mom would include her Spanish when speaking to me. Uncle Jorge being her brother included her speaking Spanish once in a while. Of course, they both taught my brother and me growing up, but he gave up on it and I picked it up easier than him. "Mama, it's nothing my dagger just slipped when I was cutting some boxes open," clearly I had to lie I didn't want her more worried about the whole crank situation that had happened.

"Your dad isn't feeling too well he's saying it's just a cold-" she said looking at me with saddened eyes I cut her off "-but you don't think it's a cold, do you? When did he start feeling sick? Can I see him?" I said feeling worried. No, it can't be the flare. I can't lose him to it. "He's only just begun to feel sick yesterday, I've given him medication. But it seems to be getting worse and I don't know what to do anymore," she looked on the verge of tears. I pulled her into a hug as she cried letting out sobs. My poor mother was afraid to lose her lover and I was afraid to lose my father.

I held her until she stopped crying and led me to my dads' room. "Hey, dad. How are you feeling?" I said as I sat on a chair beside him and held his hand. "N/n, I'm so happy to see you," he said as he hugged me, "I'm feeling better." I could tell he was lying. "Dad please don't lie to me I can tell you're not doing well I can drive back and get you some serum I'm sure I can find someone who's selling them," I said with a serious tone.

Mom walked out of the room to get something. "Y/n I need you to promise me something big!" He said in a serious fast tone. "Dad, what is it, anything." He coughed a bit then said, "Y/n I'm sick, it's the flare. I don't know how long I will last with the serum but I need you to promise me to look after yourself and your mom. I need to be killed once I get out of control I don't want to lose myself to the flare and hurt you two. One last thing, no matter what anyone tells you don't give up on your brother, I never did. I started some research a while ago. He's alive he made it through the maze, Y/n. He's still out there!" I was in shock processing every word he had said.

He wants me to kill him if it comes to it. And my brother he's alive I knew he was and this helped me have hope. "I promise dad I promise to look after mom and I promise I'll find my brother, but I can't promise to kill you. I can't there has to be another way or cure if I can find a cure- I can turn myself into WCKD, in exchange for the cure." I rambled on as tears rolled down my cheeks. "Hey. Hey, you are not turning yourself into WCKD, you never will no matter what happens. If things start getting worse here I need you to travel far away from here, get to your Uncle Jorges place that map over there has the coordinates and everything on it for you to get there do you understand?!" He said as he wiped my tears. I let out a shaky breath, "Yes dad I understand." He nodded and kissed my forehead. After a few minutes, mom walked in with an Iv pole and set it up near his bed and attached it to his arm then kissed him.

(A few weeks later)

Dad was still sick getting worse by the day, the serum only helped a bit. Lawrence had sent someone to bring the serum. I noticed my mom slowly become sad and not as happy as she used to be. Today Gally and Oli came by to visit. Once their car came into view and they had parked I ran into their arms. It had only been a few weeks and I missed them so much. "Ow, buttercup I need to breathe!" Oli said as he pulled out of the hug. I hugged Gally and we shared a kiss. "You love birds might want to stop eating each other's faces off, your mums coming this way," he whispered and pointed in the direction of the bunker. Gally and I quickly pulled apart and walked to greet my mom.

"Oh, it's so lovely to meet you two!" My mom said as she shook Oli's hand. "Oliver. Or Oli it's what your daughter calls me. So what are you cooking for dinner?" he said as he smiled at her. I poked his side "Oli!" "What I'm hungry!" "You're always hungry!" I said as I smacked the back of his neck. My mom laughed and moved to shack Gally's hand. "Gally. It's nice to finally meet you" Gally said shaking her hand. Oli spoke out "Or Gal! Don't forget Gal." I let out a little chuckle as Gally gave Oli a really look. "You must be Y/n's boyfriend." She said letting out a small laugh at Oli's comment. We didn't do much we just hung out in the garden and looked after my dad.

(A few months later)

Over the few months, Gally and Oli have come by now and then to visit and bring supplies. Gally and I have been dating for a couple of months. Things are starting to feel different between us and I know he knows it too. It doesn't feel like we're in love anymore or at least not for me. It might sound cliché but we might be falling out of love. The last time we hung out it felt like more of a friendship than a relationship. I'm going to talk to him about it before our relationship gets too far. They're coming next week I'm a bit nervous about it I hope he feels the same way.

Gally's POV:

It's been months since N/n and I started dating it has been a healthy relationship. Everything was going so well but I feel that we aren't meant to be. When we saw each other last time it didn't feel like we were dating, it felt off. I still love her, a lot but I think a relationship isn't for us and I have to tell her that. We promised to never lie to each other. So I am going to visit her today.

(Outside her home)

Y/n's POV:

I heard a familiar knock coming from the front door of the bunker. As I got to the front door I knew who it was, Gally. Had he been thinking the same thing. How would I start? I opened the door welcomed him with a hug and walked to the garden. "Gal why are you here you were supposed to come next week, not that I mind just wondering," I said to him as I fidgeted with my dagger. "I've been wanting to talk to you about our relationship, have you been feeling off? Like we're falling out of love?"

I sighed and said, "yes I thought it was just me. I don't think we're meant to be recently when we hang out it feels like we're just normal friends nothing more." Gally nodded and said "yeah I feel the same way. You will always have a special place in my heart. You were my soulmate but I wasn't yours, and I understand. We will always be best friends and I want you to be happy."  I gave him a hug, "I'm glad we're on the same page, Gal. Friends?" He laughed and said, "For life."

Word count: 1989
•••••••••••••••••

A/n: Hello reader, I hope you are having a wonderful day! Wow I published two chapters in one day, that's an improvement. I don't have a schedule for this. I usually do it to escape my reality and create my own. ALSO, the reason I had Gally and Y/n date for months was so that we could get a little development of Y/n growing from it and have her learned from Gally what love really is. The next chapter will be when she meets Newt and the Gladers. It might be a long chapter I still haven't decided but prepare yourselves!

            Love,
                          ~Author 1-800-MH♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 164 98
"I know it's hard to believe, but I never wanted this. I didn't mean to go this far. I only wanted the pain to stop." After waking up in the Maze, Y...
18.1K 425 34
'You have my word, I'm with you till the end.' *READ THE GIRL IN THE GLADE + THE GIRL IN THE SCORCH* It's been six months, six months since they l...
54.6K 1.3K 32
Living in the Scorch has not been easy for (Y/n), but she manages to get by. With her father Jorge beginning to loose control of their compound, she'...
633K 15.8K 20
Y/N was sent up to the Maze midway through the trials due to her disobedience and disloyalty to W.I.C.K.E.D. She becomes a sister to all the Gladers...