The Marriage Law // Remus Lup...

By lqvemore

After the first wizarding war, the ministry passed a law for all eligible wizards to marry. the ministry sen... More

introduction
notes (will be adding to in future)
the letter
i. place where you first met me
ii. begin again
iii. filling in the blanks as we go
iv. all roads (they lead me here)
v. thinking that i hate you now
vi. you and i (walk a fragile line)
vii. break my soul in two
viii. right where you left me
ix. heaven can't help me now
x. this thing was a masterpiece
xi. linger like a tattoo kiss
xii. wherever you stray (i follow)
xiii. paper cut stings (from my paper thin plans)
xiv. loving you for quite some time
xv. freedom (ain't nothing but missing you)
xvi. hope it never ends
xvii. found wonderland (you and i got lost in it)
xviii. shining just for you
xix. happiness because of you
xx. left a permanent mark
xxi. aim for my heart
xxii. lost in the memory
xxiii. gave me no compasses (gave me no signs)
xxiv. wake up by your side
xxv. little taste of heaven
xxvi. million little stars (spelling out your name)
xxvii. i forgot to say your name
xxviii. always be this close
xxx. for you (i would ruin myself)
xxxi. easy they come (easy they go)
xxxii. all i want is you
xxxiii. covered in you
xxxiv. everything has changed
xxxv. meet me in the afterglow
xxxvi. swear i'd love you right
xxxvii. i would fall from grace
xxxviii. a great love (one for the ages)
xxxix. still worship this love
xl. if my wishes came true
xli. it would've been you
xlii. meet me in the pouring rain
xliii. help me hold on to you
xliv. where we fell apart
xlv. casually cruel (in the name of being honest)
xlvi. sorry that i hurt you
xvlii. you are in love
xlviii. the one that you dream of
xlix. captivated by you (like a fireworks show)
l. flashback to when you met me
li. i'd marry you with paper rings
lii. i'm all about you
liii. one single thread of gold tied me to you

xxix. all along there was some invisible string

35K 1.3K 661
By lqvemore

"No Caradoc today?" Aurora asked Benjy as he settled down on her desk chair, entertaining himself by spinning around on it.

"No," He pouted. "He had to go to work."

Aurora tried to hold the small laugh. "That's what tends to happen when you have a job."

"Not like you would know." Benjy teased, sticking his tongue out at her.

"Ew, put your tongue away, I don't need to see that." She said, face scrunched.

"So is this what you usually do all day? Sit around drawing, reading, sleeping and eating?" Benjy asked, picking up some of the rough sketches on her desk.

"It's not all I do." Aurora tried to defend herself.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot about drooling over Remus. My bad."

"I do not drool over him!"

"Yes, you do," He said. "Because what is this?" He was holding up a drawing of Remus that she had done sometime during the week.

Aurora got up from her place on the bed and walked over to him, plucking the paper out of his hands. "It looks like a very good drawing of some attractive man, that looks like Remus, but definitely isn't. Hmm the artist is very talented however."

"Okay, no need to toot your own horn," Benjy snorted. "And that is most certainly Remus."

Aurora looked back down at it again. It definitely was a drawing of Remus. In the picture he was reading. She had to trust her memory a lot to draw it.

"Shut up Benjy." She grumbled, placing the paper back down on the desk.

Benjy hummed happily. "Is there a particular reason why you're drawing him? And I'm going to guess that he doesn't know—slightly creepy by the way."

Aurora glared at her best friend, picking up a pillow and throwing it at him.

"What? I'm just saying."

"No he doesn't know," She huffed. "And I don't know why. He's just the first thing I thought of."

Benjy grinned, much like the Cheshire Cat. "You definitely like him."

"I do not like him." She countered.

"Yes, you do. And don't even try to deny it."

"I'm going to deny it because it isn't true." She flopped back on to the bed, Benjy standing up from his seat and joining her.

"Come on, who have you spent basically every day with since you moved in here?"

"Remus." She mumbled.

"Exactly." He turned his face to give her a pointed look.

"What are you trying to get at here Benjy?"

"Aurora," He never used her actual name, now she knew he was being serious. "You never voluntarily spend time with anyone who isn't me or your sisters."

"I do spend time with other people!" Another look from Benjy. "I spend time with Caradoc."

"Only because he's my fiancé that you turned out to like."

Aurora narrowed her eyes at her best friend. "What about Regulus?"

"You always accidentally ran into each other at the library."

"What about..." She realised that she really didn't spend much time around anyone. Damn Benjy. "So I enjoy his company, that doesn't mean anything."

"You know, Rory, the Nile isn't just a river in Egypt." He told her.

"What?" Aurora sat up, very confused.

"You know? The Nile, denial?" Benjy was grinning.

"That doesn't—how did you."

"Hush Roro, just let it happen."

"Shut up Benjy." She grumbled, laying back down.

"I've got to get going now." Benjy said, patting her leg and standing up.

"Where?" Aurora snorted. "It's 2pm on a Friday. Everyone you know is at work."

Benjy gave her look that said something along the lines of not everyone, most likely meaning her.

"Ugh," She gave up, rolling off of the bed. "Let me walk you down."

"Aww I feel so honoured." Benjy placed a hand over his heart. "Hold me, I might faint."

"Never mind, I'll push you down the stairs."

Benjy pouted but left the room anyway with her following. "You'd miss me too much."

"Keep telling yourself that."

"I will," He said once they reached the bottom of the stairs and turned around to give her a hug. "Think about what I said, yeah?"

"You say a lot of things, Benjy," Aurora laughed lightly. "But I will."

With a large smile, Benjy walked into the fireplace, calling out his destination, and vanished.

Leaving the lounge, she walked over to the kitchen, where Remus was sat with a cup of tea, seeming to be asleep.

"Long night?" She asked, grinning at him once his head perked up.

"I hate firewhiskey." He said, raising his cup to his mouth.

"I can imagine." She teased, sliding into the seat next to him. "Why'd you drink so much anyways?"

"I don't even remember." Remus groaned, causing Aurora to laugh.

"Remember this for next time then."

"Trust me, I will."

Aurora hummed, getting up out of her seat to raid the fridge. "Want anything?"

"No thanks." Aurora looked over at him, his elbows now resting on the table and head in his hands, and couldn't keep the grin off of her face. "Stop enjoying this." He mumbled.

"I'm not enjoying it." She said, her words contradicting with her joyful tone.

"Of course you aren't, you're just smiling over nothing." The sarcasm was heavy in his voice but she chose to ignore it and play along.

"I always smile." Aurora grabbed a box of grapes from the fridge and walked back over to him, already opening the wrapping and popping grapes into her mouth.

"You do not." Remus laughed. "I remember your resting bitch face from back in school. It scared the younger Gryffindors."

"Good," She smiled again. "They should have been scared."

"Why? What would you have done?"

"Stolen their sweets." Aurora said seriously, causing Remus to laugh again.

"I'm sure you would have."

They settled into a comfortable silence besides one another. Remus drinking his tea and her eating her grapes.

Aurora thought about what Benjy had said. She knew that she enjoyed spending time around him, otherwise she'd be back in her room, not sat beside him right now. She enjoyed their conversations and she genuinely looked forward to spending time with him.

She glanced over at the boy next to her, looking serene, the light hitting his face, making his eyes glow brighter.

Fucking christ.

She liked Remus Lupin.

AN:
heheheheheheheh so glad she's got her feelings in check.

fuck, marry, kill: snape, voldy (not tom riddle), umbridge
no cheating by saying you would kill them all (but like, i totally would)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.1K 2.7K 53
Sirius stared at Lily. "I suppose this means everything is going to change, doesn't it?" Lily smiled. "Yes," she said. "I suppose it does." ...
66.6K 1.4K 21
So I recently started to read soulmate era stories and that lead to poly stories somehow. I really like them and apparently lots of other people do t...
49.4K 1.3K 64
For as long as Remus can remember he's had a hard life. Constant monthly mutilations of his skin, a absent father, and the trepidation of his blush i...
618K 22.5K 47
Estella Bennett had a seemingly simple life at first glance, aside from her bright pink hair and troublesome best friend. She was uncomplicated, a...