The Marriage Law // Remus Lup...

By lqvemore

After the first wizarding war, the ministry passed a law for all eligible wizards to marry. the ministry sen... More

introduction
notes (will be adding to in future)
the letter
i. place where you first met me
ii. begin again
iii. filling in the blanks as we go
iv. all roads (they lead me here)
v. thinking that i hate you now
vi. you and i (walk a fragile line)
vii. break my soul in two
viii. right where you left me
ix. heaven can't help me now
x. this thing was a masterpiece
xi. linger like a tattoo kiss
xii. wherever you stray (i follow)
xiii. paper cut stings (from my paper thin plans)
xiv. loving you for quite some time
xv. freedom (ain't nothing but missing you)
xvi. hope it never ends
xvii. found wonderland (you and i got lost in it)
xviii. shining just for you
xix. happiness because of you
xx. left a permanent mark
xxi. aim for my heart
xxii. lost in the memory
xxiii. gave me no compasses (gave me no signs)
xxiv. wake up by your side
xxv. little taste of heaven
xxvii. i forgot to say your name
xxviii. always be this close
xxix. all along there was some invisible string
xxx. for you (i would ruin myself)
xxxi. easy they come (easy they go)
xxxii. all i want is you
xxxiii. covered in you
xxxiv. everything has changed
xxxv. meet me in the afterglow
xxxvi. swear i'd love you right
xxxvii. i would fall from grace
xxxviii. a great love (one for the ages)
xxxix. still worship this love
xl. if my wishes came true
xli. it would've been you
xlii. meet me in the pouring rain
xliii. help me hold on to you
xliv. where we fell apart
xlv. casually cruel (in the name of being honest)
xlvi. sorry that i hurt you
xvlii. you are in love
xlviii. the one that you dream of
xlix. captivated by you (like a fireworks show)
l. flashback to when you met me
li. i'd marry you with paper rings
lii. i'm all about you
liii. one single thread of gold tied me to you

xxvi. million little stars (spelling out your name)

35K 1.4K 945
By lqvemore

"What job did you want when you were 10?" Aurora asked Remus, they had been going back and forth, asking and answering their own and each other's questions.

"I didn't think about it." Remus lied. Aurora could tell by the way a sad expression came over his face.

"Yes you did," She told him. "I wanted to be a unicorn."

"You can't be a unicorn." Remus laughed.

"That didn't stop me," Aurora grinned. "Now, tell me. What was your dream job when you were 10?"

"A unicorn isn't a dream job!" He accused her.

"Oh my god Remus!" Aurora exclaimed. "I will leave." She threatened.

"Don't." Remus whispered. Aurora reached a hand out to hold his. At some point, she had moved under the covers, and her and Remus were lying sideways facing one another.

"I won't," She reassured him, and squeezed his hand lightly, smiling as he squeezed hers in return.

"My dream job...," Remus sighed. "I wanted to be a librarian."

Aurora couldn't help the laugh that left her mouth at Remus' confession. "A librarian?" Another round of laughter. "You could have wanted to be anything in the world, and you chose librarian?"

"I really liked books!" He defended, grinning at her.

"Liked?" She gestured to the stacks of books around his room. Her laughing had dulled into a wide smile that made her cheekbones hurt, but she didn't want to stop.

"Shut up," Remus grumbled. "Favourite subject in school?"

"I really liked Ancient Runes, you?"

"Defence against the dark arts, why Runes?"

"I enjoy languages, Russian, remember?" She told him, finding it amusing in the way he remembered that she spoke another language. "Why Defence? Wait, let me guess...you liked throwing curses at your friends?"

Remus laughed, face tilting into the pillow slightly. He started speaking, but Aurora found herself distracted by his face. He had a small scar on the top of his lip and another on his nose; she couldn't even begin to wonder how many times his nose had probably been broken. The irises of his eyes were a golden amber that she couldn't stop staring at one her eyes were on them.

"Rory?" She quickly tore her eyes from his, which were now looking directly at her. She knew her heart had practically skipped a beat when he used her nickname.

"Yeah?" She asked, distracted by trying to stop her heart from beating so loudly.

"Were you listening to anything I had just said?" He asked, already knowing the answer though.

"You said...," She tried to remember what the words were exactly. "You said that throwing jinxes and hexes were only a part of it, you liked how the class was interactive when we had great teachers."

"Wow," Remus huffed. "I didn't think you were listening." He confessed.

"I'll always listen." She said truthfully. Even though she hadn't been paying attention, she did hear the words.

They didn't say anything to each other, just staring. "Favourite teacher?" She asked, whispering.

"McGonnogall." His lips quirked up to the side, in a slight half-grin.

"Of course yours is McGonnogall." She laughed.

"Who's yours?"

"Sprout," She teased. "I'm sure she was running a side business dealing pot to the kids."

"I'm sure she was." Remus said sarcastically.

Aurora grinned at him. "She most definitely was."

"Favourite prank of ours?" She could tell that he was the most curious about her answer to this question.

"Do you mean the ones not directed at Slytherins?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

Remus nodded.

"I enjoyed your prank wars." She confessed. The Marauders prank wars happened every year they were at school starting during their second year.

"Which one?"

"Sixth year was great." That was one of the years Remus had won. "Showed how much of an evil mastermind you really are." She teased.

"Me? Evil mastermind?" Remus feigned innocence.

Aurora laughed and knocked his shoulder. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah." He said, looking straight into her eyes. "I'm feeling much better."

Aurora hummed, happy with his answer. "If you could have any job now, what would it be? And don't say librarian." She teased.

"What if I wanted to be a librarian." Remus pouted.

"Tough luck, no librarians."

"Guess I'd like to be a teacher." He said honestly.

"What would you teach?" Aurora asked. She hadn't thought that he might have wanted to teach.

"Well, in the muggle world, I would teach English," He paused. "And in the wizarding, I would teach DADA."

"How would you teach defence to 11 year olds?"

"By making it fun." He smiled at her.

"Hmm, how could I not think of that?" Sarcasm in her voice obvious.

"What about you? What would you do now?" He asked her.

"I don't know." Aurora said. "I wanted to be a healer during school, I wanted to help people...and I still want to help, but not like that anymore." She thought about telling him her plan now, but she didn't want to spring it on him right after a full moon.

"Let me know when you find out." He replied. "Funniest memory?"

"Hearing my parents freak out about finding out my mum was pregnant with Rosie. It was the funniest thing to listen to. Yours?"

"James was stuck in his animagus form, and we had to sneak him into the dorms without McGonnogall knowing."

"Did she find out?" Aurora didn't think anything could get past that woman.

"No," He laughed. "We pretended that the noises James was making was Peter's stomach."

"You didn't!" She gaped. "That must have been awful for him!"

"To be fair...he had just told Lois a very embarrassing secret of Sirius'." Remus told her.

"What was it?" She wanted to know the secret now.

"Hmm, what do I get in return?" He questioned.

"What? Like secret for secret kind of thing?" She quirked an eyebrow.

"Sure." Remus agreed.

"Okay...," Aurora thought of some secrets she had. "One guy in the year below us had a huge crush on Benjy and approached me asking for advice, and I told him that Benjy had a weird fetish for feet. He received foot pictures all over his dorm." She snorted, remembering how grossed out Benjy had been, wondering where the guy had thought that something like that would have been romantic.

"And he doesn't know?" Remus laughed.

"Nope." Aurora grinned. "Tell me yours."

"Lily had put a hair loss potion into Sirius' drink gradually for a month, so he was losing hair at random, thinking he had 'male patterned baldness' and held a funeral in our dorm for his hair."

"No! He didn't" Aurora was cackling with laughter now, unable to breathe.

"Yes, he did. Had a small coffin with his lost hair." Remus added.

"Oh my god!" Aurora laughed so hard she had started almost slipped out of the bed, but Remus' hand caught her, pulling her back up. "Thanks." She smiled, still laughing.

"No problem."

Aurora looked at the boy in front of her for a minute. "Are you doing anything tomorrow?"

"No..." He said cautiously. "Why?"

"We're going out." She declared.

"What will we be doing?"

"That's for me to know. Now let's get something to eat, I'm starving." She said, pulling him out of bed.

AN:
there may not be a chapter out tomorrow or thursday because i have exams on thursday and friday, but i will try to get one out on friday!!

favourite remus headcanon?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

993K 24.9K 58
Sirius Black has had his fair share of women in his life, but there was something about her that drove him mad. Maybe it was the similarities in thei...
4.3M 149K 89
"You should tell him, you know," a familiar voice softly said from behind her. "I know you love him." "Remus," she began turning around to face her...
46.4K 2.8K 55
Sirius stared at Lily. "I suppose this means everything is going to change, doesn't it?" Lily smiled. "Yes," she said. "I suppose it does." ...
2M 62.9K 85
𝙄𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 Y/n Potter and Regulus Black form an unlikely relationship. ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ Y/n Potter and Regulus Black hate each other. It's a know...