His Lovely Delinquent *EDITIN...

By falleninfinitybooks

Good boy. Bad girl. Classic story of good boy falls for bad girl? Maybe not. If people knew who she really w... More

His Lovely Delinquent
Author's Note and Description.
Prologue *EDITED*
1. Wild Welcome *EDITED*
2. Playing Games *EDITED*
3. Intruders *EDITED*
4. Arrival *EDITED*
5. Blackmail *EDITED*
6. North Beach
7. Chances Are..
8. Not In A Million Years
9. Jump or Die
10. Aftermath
11. Ransom
12. The Video
13. The Plan
14. Blown Up
15. Long Gone
17. Eli
18. Running With Density
19. The Absolute Truth
20. Choices
21. Lies & Betrayal
22. Last Chance
Epilogue
Acknowledgements

16. A Long Time Coming

4.3K 98 10
By falleninfinitybooks

Last one for tonight :) Dedicated to: Remenissions for all those votes you put on my wall :) Thanks :) 

4 Chapters Left! :)

Vote, Fan, Comment :) x, Hilda

P.S. I haven't edited, nor have I proofread, please point out mistakes (that is if you can) :) x 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

16. A Long Time Coming

Three Years Later, New York City
Noah’s POV

 “Sam?” I called, as I entered my apartment in the Upper East Side. I groaned as I realized I smelt bacon burning and immediately wanted to throw up. Sam couldn’t cook for anything.

I sighed, setting my keys down on the side table as I took my shoes off and entered the apartment completely, shutting the door behind me. I took a deep breath and wished that I had enough oxygen to last me a few hours whilst I tried to get the smell of burning breakfast out of the apartment.

“Sam, you better hide.” I warned as I entered the archway that led to both the sitting room and into the kitchen through another archway. I heard a hearty chuckle and smiled to myself. Seriously? “Sam, don’t bother hiding you moron, I’ll find you anyways.”

 Another chuckle followed my warning and before I knew it, I jumped into the kitchen, only to find all the windows opened, air flowing through it. I took a deep breath, loving the semi-over-polluted air of New York City, the sound of taxi drivers beeping out, screaming at each other over the traffic. I smiled. This was the life.

 “Sam?” I sang, “where are you, you complete moron?”

 Suddenly, I felt a waft of air at the back of my neck, hands over my eyes and honey scented breath hitting just below my neck. A smile began to form in my face as I turned around, lunged and tackled the body that held me on the wooden flooring and used myself as human shield in order for the body to not have a chance at escape. My smile grew wider as my eyes connected with a pair of pale blue ones that flickered with life and amusement.

 “Hey baby.” I smiled, my breath hitting her cheek.

She grinned. “Hey stranger.”

 “I wasn’t a stranger last night, was I, Sammy?” I asked, winking at her, causing a deep scarlet blush to take over her features. “Did you miss me?” I asked teasingly.

 She rolled her eyes. “I missed eating.”

 “Ah, then Noah Hunt is here to rescue you, my fair maiden!” I grinned and leaned down, pecking her on her lips, smiles on both our faces. “Pancakes, milady?”

 “Pancakes.” She confirmed.

Sam was amazing. She was spectacular, awesome, stupendous. Every good word you’d find in the dictionary—every made up word you’d find in the dictionary…well, that was what Sammy was. Samantha Brown. My roommate. My girl.

 “Thinking too deeply again, pretty boy?” I winced at her question  as she used the nickname I hated the most in my life. Sam didn’t know why but I hated it for reasons that included a gorgeous pale blue eyed delinquent I once I knew.

 Blake.

 In the past three years plenty of things had changed. I’d quit Hollywood with the praise of my family and decided on finishing my senior year through homeschooling. Most people created rumors that I’d been so wound up on ‘the little delinquent girl’ that captured my heart and died—most people said that because of Blake’s passing, I started going crazy, drinking and taking drugs and had been sent to rehab, ending my very short teenage career.

 It wasn’t the case obviously but people—the media mainly—did what they could in order to make a story out of anything.

 That wasn’t what happened though. I dropped out of high school to continue my studies in home schooling but sat the SATs and got a very gorgeous 4.0 GPA. Being Noah Hunt, whether or not I  liked it or not, many people—the Universities and Colleges—went crazy for me. Many still wanted me to publicize their school so getting into a college or university was never a problem. People thought I’d go into Media, Film and TV—things that involved my life in Hollywood.

 It surprised people, however in what course I chose.

 Law.

 So there I was, getting into the New York University and studying law when I bump into a girl on the second half of my first semester—grudgingly of course. I was still in a stage when I didn’t care who I hurt and when. To my family, I was still me, Noah. I was ruder, a little snarkier and possibly acted like an asshole at least twice a week but I was still myself. My sisters still loved me, my father, my mother still loved me so there were no problems there. Mrs. Norton moved out, leaving the house up for sale and it wasn’t until I got my SAT results that I found a new family moving in. They consisted of a happy family—father, mother, two daughters. The eldest daughter got Blake’s room and as soon as she changed it, I could no longer take it. It was then that I accepted a university that wasn’t taking me for being Noah Hunt but for the GPA I got.

NYU was just that. My parents were surprised that I popped that particular surprise in their faces but they were happy…they thought I was finally moving on.

 In truth I was just avoiding the truth. Blake was gone and was never coming back.

 I was an emotional wreck when I got to New York. I had an apartment to myself which gave me plenty of time to think. To think of all the things I’d lost. The first half of the year at NYU, I had studied non-stop and made progress in my work but never in socializing. I made myself the social outcast, even when there were people still following me around for being Noah Hunt.

 Occasionally there were the girls who tried to make me feel better but I would never let them touch me. when they did I felt like I was betraying Blake, whether or not there was something to betray.

It was about the second half of my studying at NYU that I had bumped into a girl who immediately caught my attention. I was in no hurry to get to my lecture but apparently she was and I’d bumped into her, causing her coffee to get all over her shirt and her falling on the ground. No—I didn’t catch her like some hero. I just watched her as she hissed out profanities quietly and complained about being late to class.

 Of course I felt a little guilty. Key words being a little.

 I kept my questions and answers to her impassive until she lifted her blonde hair and met mine. Those pale blue eyes captured me instantly.

 Blake’s eyes were one of a kind—a pale blue that had just enough amusement and ice in it to say she could be your best friend or your worst nightmare. Never in the past two years had I ever seen eyes similar to hers…until that moment. Maybe it was because of Blake that I instantly wanted to hold the girl but I stayed in my place…staring at her whilst she looked at me confused. Sam transferred from Berkley to NYU and since I’d bumped into her and offered to buy her another drink, we hit it off. Maybe it was just because I couldn’t stop staring at her eyes but I didn’t care.

 Sam’s eyes mirrored Blake’s.

 We started off as friends but I knew she wanted more—it was obvious. Sam, I thought was lonelier then myself but that wasn’t the case. She just saw through my sadness. We began dating about the end of my first year and her second year…we would be on our six month together now, me on my second year—her at her third at NYU and she just accepted moving in with me. It was a leap of faith for me for both of us, especially when I still thought of Blake so much.

 I told Sam about Blake when I trusted her—when we got serious which was about the night we had sex. I surprised her, pouring my heart and soul out to her of the gorgeous delinquent girl who I loved—love. Though Sam was here, I still didn’t love her. I knew I could but I knew I also still loved Blake. Occasionally I saw how unfair that was since I knew Sam had said ‘I love you’ more than ten times and meant it. I enjoyed her company, liked the way she handled herself but I couldn’t say ‘I love you’.

 I couldn’t bring myself to lie to her and say I loved her too when I didn’t. Not yet. I needed more time.

 Silently and without making a retort towards her, I made the pancakes and placed them on the plate. Sam was a breakfast person through and through and always made a point of it by eating it all day long if she could. The thing was, Sam couldn’t’ cook so I knew I had to install a fire alarm. She gave me a huge smile but I’d only focused on her eyes. I loved her eyes.

 I love Blake’s eyes.

 I sighed. “Are we all going to the park today?” I ask, smiling at her but feeling tense. She knew something was up—we’d only fought once and it was about Blake—she was a touchy subject and Sam knew that but she hated the way she thought I compared Blake to her.

 Of course I always said I didn’t compare the both of them but I couldn’t really tell her that I actually did. In truth, no one would ever compare and replace Blake. It wasn’t a teenage crush, not a phase.

 “Central Park Zoo, actually.” She answered, taking my hand on hers.

 It felt wrong and right. Wrong because I liked Sam, I really did and I felt like I was leading her on for a girl who didn’t even breathe—and hadn’t breathed for almost three years running.

 “Okay.” I smiled.

 I needed to stop thinking.

 “Baby?” she asked, her eyes tense. I looked up, focusing my eyes on hers, letting her know I was giving her full attention. “Are…are you okay, Noah?”

 “Of course. Why wouldn’t I be?”

 “You ignored all your fathers’ calls.” She answered quietly. “You always do when I’m around or close by. Why?”

 I sighed.

 I didn’t know why I declined my fathers’ calls when Sam was around. He knew about her, my whole family did but that didn’t mean that they liked her. They did…they just hadn’t met her in real life and I hadn’t planned on introducing Sam to them until I was sure I loved her. Anyway, Sam noticed that my father was always calling and noticed that I didn’t answer when she was there and lately, my father had been calling non-stop. Why?

 Mrs. Norton was back in town and pregnant, that’s why.

 It came as an absolute surprise when I found out that Mrs. Norton had married Inspector Mark Douglas and was now Mrs. Douglas. She wanted to have Blake’s second year death anniversary as a party—to commemorate her. Apparently, even when she’d gone off the rails Mrs. Nort—Mrs. Douglas, was now happy and decided that she would put the past behind her.

 She knew Blake would want her to, obviously.

 Anyway, with her being there and me being all the way in New York, she wanted to pay for me to fly down. She knew I had a deeper connection with Blake.

 “Sam, I just don’t feel uncomfortable with speaking to my dad at this moment.” I answered truthfully. “I’m okay, baby, really.” I assured her. “Now, go get your ass ready and let’s get to the zoo.”

 I gave her a full smile which she rewarded me back with and as soon as she was out of sight, I let out a deep, strangled breath.

 It was Blake’s third year death anniversary tomorrow and I felt as if I was slowly going insane. 

* * * * * 

If you guys could! Check out my story: By Dusk! I know Vamps are a thing of the century but you'll like this, I hope! :) x 

Anna has known about vampires her whole life. She was raised to hate them—to hunt them. All Anna knows is that vampires are unnatural creatures that must be killed. When she turned sixteen they slaughtered her family but left her alive leaving Anna both vengeful and bitter.
When she finds herself in Transylvania—Vampire territory, she’s set on finding the people responsible for her family’s death. Unknown to her—she was being hunted. And soon she is turned a vampire herself.
Without blood Anna is dying until a vampire saved her. When she wakes she finds herself in a lavish castle and it surprises her when she finds out that it is the prince of darkness that saves her himself.
What will happen to Anna when she finds out that she has a connection to the vampires after all? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 373 46
A young and innocent girl, bullied and shamed for her complexion, fell in love with a newly admitted classmate in high school. A twist- she had a bes...
34.6K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...
1.1K 95 44
We all grew up ready books where the innocent sweet naive girl falls for the troubled boy with a dark a dark past. We grew up rooting for the girl to...
15.4K 2.3K 48
❝ I love to hate you; because if I don't, then I will hate to love you. ❞ (PLEASE note that this was my first work and is unedited. I've greatly matu...