Step Into the Light

By PrettyPleasing89

Shine, step into the light. So bright sometimes, but he won't let her go back. *the beginning is a bit rough... More

Casting
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
<3

Chapter 11

335 6 4
By PrettyPleasing89

" I feel so grown up with you in your car"

NAOMI'S POV:

Me: Hey Harry, I just got done with my shift so I'm ready whenever

Harry: Great! I'll be there soon

Me: okay see you then!

Harry: see you =)

Did he just use an emoticon?

If that's not charming I don't know what is.

I think he's coming straight from the studio so he should be here in like two minutes.

"Is Harry Styles on his way?" I hear Josh yell over the counter to me after giving someone their drink.

"Yes, but could you be any louder?" I whisper yell as I walk over to him.

There weren't too many people here but if any of them are fans it could get bad. Most of his fans from what I've gathered are extremely respectful, but there are some that aren't and would definitely leak his location. So honestly you can't be too careful.

"Sorry." He says turning around and cleaning a glass. He looked like he was aggravated but trying to hide it.

What did I do?

"Are you upset about something?" I say after seeing his uptight manner.

"Nope, I'm just working." He says with his lips turning into a line.

"Okay... Well... If you're mad about having to work there isn't really anything I can do about that. Your shift is almost over and you kinda have to work so..." I say to him because I really don't completely understand what's wrong.

"No, I know. Okay? I'm fine, go have fun with Harry we'll talk later." He says completely normal until he says Harry's name.

He said it with a tone I'm not used to from him.

"Do you have a problem with Harry? Is it because of his friend at the diner? Because I thought we-" I began to say before he cut me off.

"No, no. I said I was over that. Don't worry about it go have fun. He's literally walking up to the door now." He says to me then turns around but not before rolling his eyes a bit.

What the fuck is his problem?

I'm not gonna worry about it for now. I want to just have fun with Harry.

As I'm about to turn around to see Harry I expect the same hoodie and shorts I saw earlier but the outfit was nothing of the sort.

Harry's outfit:

When did he change and why?

I mean I don't mind....

He looked really good.

I shouldn't be thinking that right? I'm dating Josh sort of?

Well I actually don't know exactly what we're doing but I know that I have a bit of a romantic relationship with him and Harry is my friend.

So the answer is no. I can't think that.

"Hey" I say with a smile and a wave walking over to him.

As excited as I am, I probably couldn't be more nervous. He's so intimidating.

I think it's the way he looks at me. Or when he smirks and smiles.

Or when he looks this damn good.

"Hey, looking quite lovely. you ready to go?" He says walking over to me with his hands behind his back and a smirk on his face.

Dear lord.

"Thank you, you look lovely yourself. I'm ready. You?" I say with a grin and my hands clasped in front of me.

"Yep and thank you, shall we?" He says holding the door open for me. I think he was also blushing a bit. I couldn't tell for sure though because he was looking at his feet.

Charm.

I didn't think friends complemented friends like that, but I think he's the type to do that and not feel wierd about it.

I like that.

"Yes we shall." I say with a chuckle. "Bye Josh!" I say to him quickly before leaving not wanting to be rude.

"Bye Josh!" Harry says as well with a smile.

Josh waved to us with his lips in a line.

Uuuhhhhhggggg.
That's annoying.

I walked out of the door than Harry walked out right after me.

"So, where exactly is the salon?" I say as we walk over to his car.

" Well, there was one pretty close that I thought about taking you to, but then I thought about the fact that if we took a longer drive I could make you sing along with the radio longer..."

He's smart I'll give him that.

"Ahhh, but you forgot something. I might not know the words to every song on the radio." I say with a victory grin.

"Sorry, did I say radio? I meant AUX. That way you can pick the music." He says with a cheeky grin as I form my lips into a line.

"Hey, I know you love to sing. Plus, I get a free concert. Are you really going to turn down my and your happiness?" He says without any hesitation.

We were now standing in front of his car. We aren't walking anymore so I'm just standing of front of him and his car. I glare at him with my arms crossed.

"Not unless... You wanna chicken out?" He jokes.

"Um, wow okay. Fuck you. But I'm choosing every song. I don't care if you like my choices or not." I say shaking my head at the fact that he has somehow convinced me.

"Perfect!" He says with a big grin as he puts on his sun glasses.

I go to grab the passenger door handle right after he unlocked the car but he was quick to open it for me.

"No matter what you hear, just remember chivalry isn't dead." He said as he slightly moved his sun glasses down so I could see his eyes give a wink.

I smile and shake my head as I get into the car.

"Thanks." I say with a grin as he shuts the door.

For the second I'm alone in the car I realize how fast my heart is beating and how hot I am all the sudden.

Wow.

Why does he have to be so fucking charming?

He then opens up his door then gets in and shuts it.

"Here you go, go through and pick anything you want." He said to me while handing me his phone.

It was already unlocked with Spotify open.

" Thank you. Oh and I promise I won't go through your playlists or anything." I say grabbing the phone.

"Why do you say that?" He says looking very confused by the statement.

" Well maybe it's different for you, but playlists in my opinion are very personal." I say in truth.

I have too many playlists to count and I wouldn't want somebody looking through all of them. I mean sure there are ones that are just for fun and stuff but a lot of mine hold meaning.

" That is really amazing Naomi. But you don't have to worry about that with my playlists at the moment. I think I might take a page out of your book though and try making them more personal. It sounds nice." He says as he starts the car up.

" Thank you, and you definatly should. It can be very therapudic." I say as i start scrolling.

"Hmm. Top up or down? It's up to you." He says as we start moving.

" Wait, this a convertable?" I say in astonishment.

I've only ever been in one and it was so much fun. There is nothing better than playing music with the wind in your face. It makes you feel so free.

"Yep, should I take that as you wanting the top down?" He says with a chuckle.

I nod.

He pushes a button and then I can suddenly smell the spring air. Spring air is my favorite. It's so fresh and new. The breeze is cooling but not cold. And the sun was shining bright and golden on us but it didn't burn.

I started looking faster for a song perfect for this moment then I came upon My Sweet Lord by George Harrison and click. Then I grab my heart shaped sunglasses out of my bag and lean back in my seat and look up to the beautiful blue sky.

" I have to say, you have pretty good taste." I hear Harry say to my side.

"Thanks." I say right before the intro to to the song starts and the lyrics begin.

" My sweet Lord." We sing together in harmony.

"Oh my sweet Lord." I look over as we sing to see he's smiling.

"My sweet lord... My sweet Lord... I really wanna see you. Really wanna be with you. Really wanna see you Lord but it takes so long my Lord." We sing together.

" Not to brag or anything but we sound fucking great" He laughs out over the sound of the wind in our hair.

" We do, don't we." I laugh and agree.

His smile with the sunglasses and the wind in his hair was a great mixture. Plus the one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the console was nice. He just looked so pretty.

It's okay to call a friend pretty right? I mean I've called Emma pretty before...  I mean I already said he looked lovely...

Which... Now that I'm thinking about it is making me cringe.

I hear the chorus coming up and I decide that I want to just hear him.

" My sweet Lord. Mmm, my Lord. Mmm my Lord." I keep my head straight on the road but my eyes were looking over at him. I was smiling and he knew what I was doing.

He started looking at me out of the corner of his eye.

" Okay enough of me, it's all you!" He says quickly before the second verse starts.

"Nope, you."

" I really wanna know you! I really wanna go with you! I really wanna show you Lord that it won't take long my Lord." He sings out.

There are so many people who would kill to be in my position right now. It's crazy to think about honestly.

I hadn't been paying attention so I finally look around at my surroundings. I don't know exactly where we are. But now we're driving along the beatiful coast.

" Where the hell are we going? Actually, don't answer. I like suprises." I say with a laugh then close my eyes again.

" Why?" He says with a laugh.

"Why do I like suprises?" I say turning my head to look at him.

I find it kind of sweet that he asks me random questions like this.

He nods to my question.

" I don't really know. I mean I thought everyone did. Well not the bad ones of course, but I thought everyone liked good ones." I say answering the question.

" I mean, I guess. But for me personally I prefer to have controll and give suprises." He says back while checking on the rear view mirror.

"Hey look at that, we work." I say realizing it's actually perfect.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that, it was probably wierd...

"Yes we do." He said with a slight chuckle and a smirk.

Don't you dare blush Naomi.

Wait... This brought a question to mind.

" Hey, when is your birthday?"

"Uh, it's February first. Why?" He says looking confused.

"So you're an Aquarius?" I say back.

"I guess so, when is your birthday?" He says back.

I wanted to tell him more about his sign, but he looked more interesed in my birthday for some reason.

"Oh, it's November seventeenth. Which makes me a Scorpio. Don't judge me too fast." I add that last part quickly knowing that Scorpios can get a bad rap.

" I know nothing about astrology so you're safe." He says with a chuckle. "So are our signs compatible?"

"Eh, if I'm being completely honest with you it depends- Oops, the music stopped. Let me find something else." I say finally realizing that the song was over.

"If you can't find anything and you wanna narrow your options down you don't have to be afraid to look in my playlists." He says with a chuckle.

"Okay, just don't expect the same treatment in my car." I say with a smirk back.

I start scrolling through his playlists and my eyes land upon his workout playlist.

It's probably filled with music to pump you up, right? That could be fun so I clicked to see what was on it.

It was all One Direction.

"Oh, so you get pumped up to 1D I see." I see looking at him with a grin that I couldn't hide. This was too funny.

His cheeks went slightly red and he gave me an awkward smile.

"Forgot about my workout playlist... Hey, what can I say we had some pretty great music." He said looking over at me with his phone.

I clicked on Live While We're Young and he had no objections and sang as loud as he could. So did I.

How am I having so much fun and our day together has barely started.

"You didn't finish what you were saying about our signs. What does it depend on?" He is curious.

"Well those two signs usually have no problem liking each other, but communicating is no walk in the park."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.5K 885 30
"It's like she's always there when I need her. The antidote for all of my problems." ✧ 𝘏𝘒𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘚𝘡𝘺𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘍𝘒𝘯 𝘍π˜ͺ𝘀𝘡π˜ͺ𝘰𝘯
335K 6.3K 31
Harry Styles, a moody rock star who just recently got out of a relationship, is in the process of writing his next album: Fine Line. One day he bumps...
503K 4.7K 124
A collection of my short stories/oneshots/blurbs originally published on my tumblr. The fics are being reuploaded after a user unrightfully reported...
9.2K 198 33
She's driving him crazy, but he's kinda into it He's driving her crazy, but she's kinda into it