RE-SPAWN (MCYT Fantasy!AU Rea...

By can_one_fanfic

A world filled with magic, monster, and warriors. s̵̱̼̙͉͈͉͚̗͍̣͙̈̽̍͠ţ̷̧͉͈̟̬̦̩͔̯͓̺͍̗͑̉̀͂͛͒r̶̨̗̜̣͎̬̣̟̯̲̖̳͑̆̒͝... More

Hello Everyone!
1. Good Mornings
Reader Description
2. Magic Trades
3. Forest Happenings
Tubbo & Tommy Description
4. Awkward Conversations
5. Dinner Talks and Backyard Spells
6. Reading Runes
7. Group Hugs
8. Floating Books
9. Runes, Bees, Dragons, and Swords
10. Sword Training and Scars
11. Mail Received
12. Market Shenanigans
Wilbur, Philza, & Technoblade Description
13. Familiar Faces and Requests
14. Decisions
15. Market Shenanigans P.2
16. Mumbling
17. Reassurance
18. Here to Stay
19. Primal Stones
20. Late Night Talks
21. Training Montage & Morning Curiosities
22. The Invitation
23. The Arrival
TOURNAMENT CLOTHES
24. Day 1: Skyblockle is Stressful
25. Day 2: Big Sales at Build Mart is Terrible
26. Day 3: Survival Games are the bane of my existence
27. Day 4: TGTTOS it dumb
28. Day 5: Rocket Spleef is Alright I Guess
29. Day 6: Battle Box: The only Acceptable Place to Drop Kick a Child
31. Day 7: Hole in the Wall is also Dumb
Completed Drawing Requests!
32. Day 8: Parkour Warrior: Time to Fall a Thousand Times
Q + A SESSION!
33. Day 9: Dungeon Trials Gone Wrong
34. The Fight of a Lifetime
35. A Break and Departure
36. Home Sweet Home
37. Magic Progress
38. Late Night Talks
39. Quests & Discoveries
40. Dance of Swords
41. Lessons in Gardening
42. Whispered Dreams
43. Fevers
Announcement
44. New Limbs
45. The First to Leave
☞︎♓︎■︎♋︎●︎●︎⍓︎📬︎ 📬︎ 📬︎

30. Reconciliation

3.8K 269 310
By can_one_fanfic

TW: Talk of kidnapping, death, blood. 

(P.S - I realized that I should probably put trigger warnings on these kinds of chapters)

==========

2nd POV: You

The instant you turned around, you made direct eye contact with Techno.

You saw the look in his eye, and immediately knew that Techno recognized you.

All your efforts to stay low and not be recognized by him were washed away.

It was no use anymore.

He began to approach you, but soon enough you were all transported into the decision dome, and lowered back down to exit into the colosseum.

The instant the doors opened, you allowed yourself to be taken away and swarmed by the other participants and audience members.

To the others it had looked like you were dragged away, but you knew.

Techno knew.

But you couldn't stand to be close to him at the moment.

It was uncomfortable to have them all be this close to you, all so loud.

But you'd rather face the questions they launched at you, rather than him.

It was cowardly of you to continue running away, but if it was for their safety, then so be it.

You did your best to stay with the crowd and answer some of the questions they had begun to ask you.

You showed off some magic and let them watch.

It was uncomfortable, but you'd rather go through this than face Techno.

You'd rather go through this.

1st POV: Philza

I watched as Techno looked at the crowd that (F/N) was in the middle of.

He looked angry, but at the same time sad, like he was reminiscing the past.

I sighed, and started to drag all of them away back to the house we were staying in.

Tommy and Tubbo were a bit upset that (F/N) couldn't head to the house with them, but they stayed silent because they saw how tense Techno was.

When we went to the house, Tommy and Tubbo immediately went to their room, Techno went to the living room with Wilbur following, and I headed to the kitchen.

I knew that whatever happened in that arena messed with Techno, so I decided to make him some tea to hopefully calm him down.

I walked back to the living room to see Techno looking down at his hands with Wilbur lightly rubbing his back.

I put the tea in front of him on the coffee table,

"Here mate, you need something to calm you down a bit."

He lightly nodded before grabbing the cup and slowly drinking.

After some time he looked more relaxed and calm, so I asked the question of the day,

"Hey, did something happen in the arena?"

Immediately, Techno tensed once more.

He took a deep breath and responded with,

"I need to talk to... (F/N) about something later, that's it."

I looked up at Wilbur who only shrugged at me, confusion writing on both our faces.

I only sighed and stood back up, looking outside the window,

"With the crowd that was surrounding (F/N) earlier, we might not see them until nighttime."

"That's alright, I can wait."

And so he waited.

Seconds turned to minutes.

And minutes turned to hours.

It was barely past dusk when the door opened and (F/N) walked in.

Techno was on his feet the second he caught sight of them.

(F/N) tried to rush upstairs into their room, but Techno managed to get a hold of their arm and stop them in their tracks.

"...(F/N), we need to talk."

"There's nothing to talk about Techno."

"Oh yes there is, there definitely is and you know it."

They said nothing and only tried to get out of Techno's grip, but he held onto them firmly.

"Let me go Techno."

"I won't, not until you and I talk about this!"

(F/N) had finally gotten out of Techno's grip and continued to make their way upstairs,

"We can talk about it later."

"When is 'later'? Because we sure as hell need to talk about this now!"

"I'm tired and just want to go to bed-"

"You are not going anywhere-!"

"Yes, I am Techno. We can talk about this later, and that's final."

By now we were all watching them argue.

Tommy and Tubbo were peeking from the corner upstairs, Wilbur was watching from the living room entrance, and I was at the base of the stairs that they were arguing from.

We were all watching the both of them.

(F/N) was silently walking upstairs, but Techno was still standing, fuming with anger that I had not seen in a long time.

I began to go up to him,

"Techno-"

"(Y/N) THE SCALED MAGE! LOOK AT ME RIGHT NOW!"

We all froze.

No.

No no no.

That couldn't be true.

No.

They had been gone for so long...

We all looked at (F/N)..(Y/N)? expectantly.

Slowly, they turned to face Techno.

"Wow... I haven't been called that in a long time... huh... it's been a while, hasn't it... Techno?"

They walked down the stairs to come face to face with him.

1st POV: Technoblade

They paused in front of me.

There was a small bit of hesitation from them, before they gently reached up to their face, and took off their mask.

I drew a sharp breath and heard Wilbur and Phil do the same.

There they were.

Right in front of me.

Same matching scar and everything.

Same tired and kind eyes that I remember so fondly.

They looked at me with a strained smile.

"I knew it wouldn't take long for you to find out, but I did my best, didn't I?"

I couldn't hold back and launched myself into them, hugging them tightly like I was going to lose them again.

With a shaky breath all I could murmur to them was,

"I missed you..."

I really didn't want anyone else to see me crying, so I shoved my face into the crook of their neck to hide my tears from the others.

(Y/N) seemed to know that I didn't want to be seen like this, so they started rubbing my back, just like back then, and whispered to the others to go sit in the living room.

They followed and quickly filed out the room.

For a while (Y/N) and I just stood there.

Them slowly rocking me back and forth, murmuring calming words and rubbing my back slowly.

Just how I remembered.

Just like back then.

Soon enough I had calmed down.

We both headed down the rest of the stairs, and walked into the living room.

There the rest were, like me, probably waiting for an explanation from (Y/N).

We all sat in the living room, (Y/N) across from us.

They held their mask in their hand, periodically tightening and loosening their grip on it.

I asked the one question on my mind,

"How are you alive?"

As soon as I asked, the rest had also begun to bombard them with questions.

"Are you really THE Scaled Mage?!"

"How did you survive?"

"Why didn't you tell me you were alive!?"

(F/N) raised their hands and signaled us to calm down.

"I know you have a lot of questions-"

"Yea no shit we do."

"-and I will answer all of them, alright?"

I asked again.

"How are you still alive."

They took a deep breath and looked up to the ceiling.

"That is a very long story."

"We have time (Y/N). We have time."

They looked at all of us for a while before taking another deep breath.

"It was years ago. 9 to be exact. When I was-"

I knew exactly what had happened.

I knew.

And I hated that I knew.

"When you were kidnapped."

A pause.

"Yes Techno. When I was kidnapped."

"Wait wait wait! You were kidnapped?!"

"Yes Wilbur I was kidnapped, let me keep explaining. I was kidnapped by this... 'cult', but I managed to bust my way out, and Techno managed to find me. After I had escaped, a fight had started. During that fight, everything was going pretty well. That was until I was hit with a spell- No. Not a spell. A Curse. I ignored it at first. At the time I didn't understand what the curse meant, or what it really entailed. That was until after I took a solo quest."

They clench their fists and take in a few shaky breaths.

"I slipped up."

They looked down, gripping their hair tightly before throwing their hand back down.

"I slipped up... and ended up finding out what the curse really entailed. I was walking through the forest. The rockslide happened too quickly, and I wasn't able to react in time. Soon enough I couldn't feel anything and my vision began to go dark... that day was when I found out what the curse really meant for me."

Wilbur spoke up.

"What happened?"

"... I died that day... I died and felt every second of it..."

Silence.

We sat in silence.

I was seething with anger in my seat.

The voices in my head getting louder and louder.

they don't trust you. they don't trust you. HOW COULD THEY NOT TELL US! They told us everything. WHAT HAPPENED. NO NO NO NO NO. curse. Do we know about curses? How can we fix this? What can we do to help! CURSE CURSE CURSE CURSE! Why didn't they tell us this? WHAT DO WE DO WHAT DO WE DO- was this our fault? AHHHHHHHHHHHH! How do we fix this? Books books books books- NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. ask phil how to fix this, he should know how to fix this. they don't trust us. they didn't trust us. What made them not trust us?

I clenched my fists and glared at (Y/N).

"... why didn't you tell me... we used to tell eachother everything-"

I stood up and loomed over them.

"WHY COULDN'T YOU TELL ME SOMETHING AS IMPORTANT AS THIS (F/N)!"

They only looked at me and sighed.

"Techno, you need to understand-"

"What (Y/N). What do I need to understand!"

"You need to understand that I didn't stay dead. When I thought I had supposedly 'died' I woke up back in the bed I had slept in at the hotel I stayed in. I didn't really understand what happened, and actually thought it was all some crazy dream that felt too real... I wish it was a dream, I really wish... I went back to the place where I 'supposedly' had the dream, and it looked like a rockslide had happened... just like my dream. I tried to ignore it, but then... I smelled blood. It was a sickening stench. I thought that someone was hurt, so I looked for where it smelled the strongest... I couldn't find anyone... all I did find was a pool of blood... a pool of blood and remnants of magic. My own magic. That's when I realised what the curse meant. The promise of an undying life. That's what you need to understand Techno. I didn't stay dead and that terrified me."

I could only look at them.

No.

Not look.

Glare.

I could only glare at them.

"That still doesn't explain why you didn't tell me-!"

"I WAS SCARED OK! WHAT DO YOU THINK WAS RUNNING THROUGH MY MIND THAT DAY TECHNO?! DO YOU THINK I FELT FINE DYING?! DO YOU TECHNO?! DO YOU!?"

They had stood up while yelling, but were now turned away taking deep breaths as they did their best to calm themselves down.

"I didn't tell you because I was scared to drag you into this mess-"

"I can take care of myself (Y/N)-"

"Techno! You didn't hear what they said. You didn't have to listen to all the horrifying things they had done to other people and mages who had gotten in their way. Techno. This just wasn't some run of the mil evil group! This was an actual cult who had rankings, spys, people in power, plans set in motion- This wasn't something that could easily be dealt with through brute force, this was something that was much bigger than us, and something that I had to deal with alone."

"You didn't and you know that-"

"I really did Techno. I really did. If they figured out that someone else knew of their plans then they would have targeted you, Wilbur, and Philza. The reason no one I knew was hurt was because no one except you knows who my brother is. There were a lot of reasons I couldn't tell you, and to me, those were the most important because I knew how horrible you would have felt if you were the reason your brother and dad were hurt."

I paused.

Shit.

They were right.

As usual.

"Okay. I get that. But I still need to know why you had to fake your death to the world."

"Oh. That. The thing was, that since I was cursed with 'immortality', in a sense, they had begun appearing everywhere anytime I took a solo quest trying to either convince me into joining them, or kidnap me again. They were starting to appear in some of our quests, so in the end I decided to fake my death and hide away. Hide away until I could find a foolproof plan to take them out for good."

It was silent after that.

They were looking back and forth nervously from the ground back up to us.

"Well... that was my plan... until I met Tubbo and Tommy."

Both perked up at the mention of their names.

"Every time I looked at them, I was reminded of us. A warrior who wants to see a battle to the end, and a mage waiting to unlock their full potential. So I ended up helping them out. I didn't know that they were in a group with you, and to be honest I was scared to have to face you, but I still joined your group because of them."

They looked up to the ceiling, leaning back into their seat.

"Maybe I was selfish to think you wouldn't find out who I was. Maybe I was stupid to join you all, but I don't regret it. Not at all. Even if you hate me after this Techno, I don't regret it. Not at all... At least I was able to see you happy one last time..."

I looked at them.

Should I hate them?

They lied to me.

But they did it to protect me.

Should I hate them?

Should I?

Could I even bring myself to hate them?

...

...

No.

I couldn't ever.

We've been through thick and thin.

Since the beginning.

I can't hate them.

Not now.

And not ever.

"You know damn well that I could never bring myself to hate you."

"... hehehe..."

We both stood up and gave each other a long hug.

After that we sat in our respective seats.

"Alright guys, any last questions for me to answer?"

Another pause as the information that (Y/N) had dumped on us began to sink in.

Then in a sudden movement, Tommy and Tubbo were screaming face first into the pillows of the couch.

Tommy was the first to stand up and point at me,

"YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT THE (Y/N) HAS BEEN THE ONE TRAINING ME!"

Tubbo stood right after and also yelled,

"THE SCALED MAGE, THE GREATEST MAGE THIS WORLD HAS EVER SEEN HAS BEEN TEACHING ME MAGIC!?!? AHHHHHHHHH-"

Both of them proceeded to freak out while we all laughed.

This was a good day.

A good day indeed.

==========

The future holds many new adventures. 

:)

Comment & Vote!

Edit: I changed some of the dialogue so that Techno says (Y/N) instead of (F/N) since he figured out who they were. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 7.4K 46
TRIGGER WARNING: This book will contain graphic depictions of - Self Harm - Suicide - Violence - Abuse - Sexual Assault / Rape I know it's tempting t...
81.1K 4.7K 46
"Don't die before we get back." Tommy shot back, unable to bring himself to smile. He turned and started towards the store. "C'mon Tubbo." Tubbo fo...
3.6K 112 18
In memory of Technoblade They/them pronouns TW: cussing, blood, killing/death, alcohol, fire, weapons, fighting, discrimination/racism(?), kidnapping...
37.6K 1K 60
Imagine being Dreams daughter, imagine being the future queen of the dream smp. Imagine being lied to your entire life, imagine loving your enemy, im...