𝑯𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝑴𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒗𝒆 ♫ �...

By sweet-tea-blossom

"'𝐌𝐚 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐢𝗼𝐥𝐞.' 𝐌𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐥𝐲, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝗼𝐟 𝗺𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫... More

♡︎𝙱𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍♡︎
♡︎𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝙸♡︎
◤Welcome to Gracefield◢
◤Friends◢
◤Two Liars◢
◤Traitor/Ally◢
◤The Good Guy◢
◤Ignominy◢
◤Unforeseen Decisions◢
◤Cornered◢
◤Not Alone◢
◤These Feelings◢
◤Away We Go◢
♡︎𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝙸𝙸♡︎
【 Beyond The Wall 】
【 Mouse Trap 】
【 All Too Familiar 】
【 Nostalgia 】
【 B06-32 】
【 Dave 】
【 Gun Slinging 】
【 The Secret Garden 】
【 Hunter vs. Hunted 】
【 A Price To Pay 】
【 The Dragon's Eye 】
【 Imminent Danger 】
♡︎𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝙸𝙸𝙸♡︎
「 Invasion 」
「 Snap 」
「 A Travelling Souvenir 」
「 Minerva's Tree Town 」
「 I Heart You 」
「 The King 」
「 Bitter Greetings 」
「 My Musume 」
「 99 Regrets 」
「 Rising Panic 」
「 Hurry Up 」
「 011 」
♡︎𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝙸𝚅♡︎
《 Real Sneaky 》
《 Clamoring Crowd 》
《 On The Edge 》
《 Honor's Shackles 》
《 New Future 》
《 Hero 》
《 Sentient 》
《 Chance II 》
《 The Other Side 》
《 Ready or Not 》
《 Emptiness 》
《 I Found You 》
♡︎𝙵𝚒𝚗. 𝙰𝚌𝚝♡︎

◤New Job◢

2.6K 70 64
By sweet-tea-blossom

ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ Ⓘ

My shoes clack against the smooth concrete of the halls as I make my way through all the different adults and demons to return back to my room after experiments.

I had to maneuver my way through many different workers ranging in size as I finally make it up to my small room here and land on my bed. Fatigued can't even begin to explain how I felt.

The usual scientists that perform experiments on me had informed the higher ups and me that today was going to be my last day for a few weeks due to them being called over to Lambda to experiment on some new kids with potential, which gave me a prodigious heaping amount of joy. Hoping that I'd get some sort of a break.

They also informed me that my skin might go through changes and, maybe even all peel off to get the toxic and probably dangerous chemicals out of it, which is extremely unpleasant to think about. Since the chemicals seem to have irritated my skin a great deal.

I guess whatever doesn't kill me decides to try and irritate me instead.

Even though I can't get rid of its effects now, the rashes still annoy me to an uncomfortably large extent, why did they have the ones that were the strongest anyways?

I get a call on my room phone, I groan and get up from my large and nice bed to pick it up. "Hi, can you hear me, whoever this is? I don't care. Bye." I was about to hang up before I heard speaking from the other end.

"Is that how you greet Grandma?" says the old lady at the other end.

Oh great, it's her.

I raise the phone back up to my ear and squeeze my eyes shut to prevent me from speaking with attitude, something she hates.

"Oh hi Sarah. What is it you desire?" I say in the kindest voice I can muster while I twirl the curled cable around my finger.

"We need you for a job, please meet me at my office." I openly groan and receive a scowl from her on the other end of the line.

I slam the phone shut and fall backward on my bed, dreading having to actually get up until I force myself to slip back on my shoes and go to her office.

I knock on her door, and a demon answers. I sit in her office, she and two other farm demons present, scrunched down with their heads and horns squished to the top of the ceiling to fit.

I don't need to be watched anymore. You can go away.

Sarah speaks up as I focus my attention on her.

"We have been informed that Plant 3 is in need of a spy, a kid could be planning an escape."

Great. This again.

It's always the same kids who find out somehow and get too clumsy with it.

It makes my job painfully easy.

And I hate it.

"You will be leaving tomorrow." I nod to Sarah's orders.

"This procedure is no stranger to you now, go to the surgery room and get your tracker implemented in your skin, then go get your fake number tattoo. Effective immediately" I nod again.

I had to pretend like I wasn't going to pass out at the thought of another surgery, even if it wasn't going in my heart, rather under my skin and near my muscles they were still supposed to cut down quite a bit.

They gave me a thin gown for the surgery between their thick and long nails. I took it and changed in a different room.

Doctors came into the room and gave me the usual rundown before putting an oxygen mask on me.

"Breathe Y/n. Taking deep breaths will knock you out faster so we can get this over with." I took deeper breaths, the thought of being awake or even merely thinking about it was making me feel like I was going to throw up. I soon started to drift into a blackout.

At least I'd get rest during this.

⇠⫷❖◈❖⫸⇢

Don't go out at night by yourself, I was told. I didn't even realize it was night until I resurfaced from the lake with some fish. I walked around for a while before seeing a tall figure in the distance.

"Hey!! I got fish!-" I looked up when I got closer to the figure, and it wasn't him.

"Oh, perfect!" the large looking man snatched me, leaving me to drop my fish. I tried to bite his hand, to slash it with my long nails but nothing came of. Before I could scream they covered my mouth.

I put up quite a hissy fit, it seems as though nothing I did to hurt this man worked, I used the last of my weapons on the fish. He eventually got fed up and knocked my head against something hard, causing me to fall dizzy and close my eyes for a while.

⇠⫷❖◈❖⫸⇢

"Y/n. Y/n. Wake up. You're done."

Thank the gods.

I strained my eyes open and sat up slowly, a pang of dizziness struck my head.

"After you get your tattoo you should go rest for tomorrow. A letter of formalities for your upcoming job will be given to you momentarily." one of the demons in the room informed me, I ignored it and went in the other room to change back to my regular clothes.

The numbers drawn on me were 12194. Which would be the actual order by birth if I was raised at the orphanages.

I yawned and dozed off whilst looking into the corner of the room impertinently as the worker told me the same things they have been telling me ever since I first got here.

"And here is your formal missive on your job requirements." before I could wave it off the worker had shoved it to my chest.

"It's different this time."

I raise an eyebrow and started walking towards my room while reading the letter.

Espionage Name: Y/n

Experiment Tag Number: Y0245

Task: Infiltrate Plant 3 (Gracefield House) posing as a blind child from another orphanage and gather information about the upcoming escape planned.

Additional Notes: Another assistant will be assigned with you, 18684 or otherwise named Krone. She will be assigned as a sister and assistant to Mother Isabella, the caretaker of Gracefield House.

If you fail, you will be punished.

Get exposed, and you will increase your chances of a judicial execution.

Supplies will be provided to you on the day of your arrival.

Good luck.

-PR

Blind??

I have to pretend to be blind??

Jesus, if I have to be that cautious, then these kids might be a bit smarter than all the other ones I've had to deal with.

Well, it is Gracefield after all.

I folded the note back in my pocket, thinking back to what the scientists told me earlier.

⇠⫷❖◈❖⫸⇢

"Nay, Y/n." one of them called.

"Hm?" I hummed in response, fixing my hair after they nearly ripped it off during one of their experiments, I wasn't facing them. Because I was pissed that they had almost done that to my luscious hair.

"You should be aware of what will happen to your skin after these experiments end, we figure."

"What, will I turn into a dinosaur or something?" I said sarcastically while rolling my eyes, I didn't have much respect for the scientists, as my attitude had always clearly shown.

They scoff at my statement.

"Don't be rude or we'll smoke bomb you."

"Alright. Alright. What?"

"The chemicals we used were very potent. We took notice of the effects it had on your body-"

"Obviously. I've been having irritating rashes and even had fevers because of you-."

"Y/n."

"Right right."

"Anyways. Since the drugs and shots have affected you so much, we assume your skin will try to peel off or even go through a whole exuviation so the toxic parts of the chemicals can get out of your skin while keeping everything else of the experiments we did to you intact." they elucidated. I sighed.

"Can you predict if that will be painful?"

They were silent, so I turned around.

"It'll be painful, won't it?"

"Most likely."

"How long will it last?"

"We don't know. But if we compare you to a snake shedding, let's assume a few weeks."

"But I'm not a snake."

"That's all we know. If it lasts longer then you're just going to have to bear with it." they concluded. I internally groaned.

Why must all the physical inconveniences happen to me?

⇠⫷❖◈❖⫸⇢

I tossed and turned, now in my comfy bed.

I couldn't sleep even though I needed to. The experiments performed on me sometimes gave me a lack of sleep. I decided a walk would maybe sort my mind out.

I slipped into some black flats and kept my PJ's on. It didn't really matter if I had sleepwear on. Nobody really cared since it was nighttime anyways. I made sure to grab a lantern since it was a habit of mine to explore unlit areas of this place that not many others pay much attention to.

I guess pure darkness is somewhat calming to me.

⇠⫷❖◈❖⫸⇢

I ended up wandering through the tunnel of one of the houses, I saw a truck and two demons, a mama, and a child on their way.

I hid in the shadows and watched. A little girl, 6 or 7 years old with two bright blonde pigtails bounced up to the gate.

Oh. Looks like it's her shipment day...

Such a shame.

Once she went inside her mama whispered something to her and the little girl closed her eyes. The demon came out silently and pierced her heart with the vida.

At least she didn't see the monster that killed her.

She was put in the truck while the mama and the two demons went into the separate room for a few minutes. I was tired of waiting, so I turned to leave. Before I did I heard voices a the start of the tunnel.

"Don't go near the gate, no matter what."

"I know. Let's get scolded later together." said the other voice as the sound of slippers walked inside the tunnel.

No, turn back.

I thought while my lips formed into a scowl.

"Conny?" one of the voices called, it sounded feminine.

Turn back right now.

Don't go looking for her.

"Do you think she'll notice it if we leave it by the truck?" the feminine voice asked.

Do not go near that truck.

The next thing the girl said sounded like she was scared. "N-N-Norman..." I assume she saw it.

Don't let him see it. Run.

I heard a light gasp, then the demons talking from the other room.

They're screwed if they don't get out of there!

Run! Both of you! Before they find you!

I stayed with my back turned in the darkness of the tunnel, my lamp had been long doused as I trembled in fear for what happened next.

"Did you hear something?"

"Probably just a cat."

"If it was a cat, I'd want to catch and eat it."

"You eat things like cats?" the demons and the mom came out of the room, based on the footsteps.

I don't know how they didn't get caught right away, but I won't stick around any longer to find out what was going to happen after.

I slip away back to headquarters when I feel something start to climb up my throat. It's liquidy and gloppy. I run to the nearest restroom and spit it out.

Blood. As usual.

"Ugh, you've gotta be kidding me, this is the third time today!" I groan in irritation as more blood spills from my mouth.

I finally stop throwing up and clean myself off. I decide that I have to force myself to go to bed, tomorrow I was going to start working.

Landing on my marshmallow bed, I buried myself in the warm fuzzy covers with my fluffy pillows.

The fur felt luxurious, this is one thing I'll miss when working. But at least I'll return after I execute my same tasks.

I won't disappoint my superiors, who I've accepted at this point will boss me around the day I die. It won't be hard anyways. I do it all the time.

This will be easy.

I think, hugging my teddy bear, whom I named Cuddles.

So easy.

Just like all the other times.

Cuddles was as soft as my sheets, and it was comforting to hug him. Especially right before jobs. So I could try and forget about the awful things I really am doing to all those children who know the truth.

Hugging stuffed animals is therapeutic, shut up.

Are you ready for a little adventure, Cuddles?

I'm gonna insist to bring you this time. And Stupid Sarah can't do a damn thing about it.

My mind drifts away as I fall into a sweet slumber.

ⓃⒺⓍⓉ ⒹⒶⓎ

I do my usual routine to start my day.

Wake up.

Shower.

Food.

Brush my hair with the usual clip in hairpieces at the top of my head to get ready for work.

Today I decided to wear a short black kimono with f/c flowers on it and Lolita shoes. Once I walk out to near the gate I see another woman there, possibly it was Krone who was mentioned in the letter with Gracefields caretaker, Isabella, who was also mentioned, and who I saw with that girl last night.

Sarah was also present. She turns to me with a stoic expression.

"Slight change of plans. Other kids found out, so you will be there to spy on multiple kids." she informed me, and hands me a walking stick.

I take it and inspect it. She then hands me contacts.

"Why the contacts?"

"In case anyone sees your eyes, it'll be more believable that you're blind." she narrows her eyes, impatiently.

"Now put them on."

Sarah ordered me.

I didn't want to make her mad, so I did what I was told without any of my usual childish retaliation, as she likes to put it.

"Good." Sarah ruffled my uncut bangs over my eyes so it makes it so others don't know where I am looking. She also gives me a walking stick and I take it wordlessly.

"The stick also has a tracker in it. Specifically, the button when you press it. It is already set up to Isabella's tracker." Sarah informs me.

She continues, "Now. One more thing." I wanted to sigh a million times.

Why couldn't she just send me off to do this boring job?

"If anybody finds out about you, there will be severe consequences. As stated in the letter."

Her hand suddenly claps on my shoulder, startling me. "Understood?" she said in a scary voice, her low and obviously threatening voice sent shivers up my spine.

It was one thing to read it in a letter, but to hear her say it while her nails sucked into the skin of my shoulder like adhesive made me feel a whole new kind of sick.

"Yes, Sarah..." I muttered. she smiles and backs up.

"Good," she says, then looking at what I have in my hand.

"Why do you have your stuffed bear with you? You won't be staying there for long, so go put it back."

"His name is Cuddles and no I will be taking him with me."

Sarah attempts to take him away from me, but I whip around so she can't get it while I bare my teeth.

The old lady huffs.

"You're insufferable."

"I know."

She clears her throat.

"Well, may both you and Krone have a splendid time at Gracefield House." she walks away, leaving me with the two.

Krone smiles down at me with outstretched lips, showing her teeth that overall make her smile look wider than a human should even ever be able to smile.

My immediate gut instinct was the punch her for getting in my face like that. But I didn't.

Because I'm so nice.

"Hello, Y/n. I've heard many things about you!" she says in a gleeful tone.

"I'm sure you have." I talked in a low voice, clearly uncomfortable with how close she was. It was now I noticed Isabella was holding a small baby with orange hair and blue eyes.

"Alright. Let's go. I'll introduce you all to my lovely children." she had a kind voice to her, she turned on her heel and walked in front of us as we followed suit.

Let's get this show started.

fun fact: the first oranges weren't orange, they were green.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 900 18
With an assignment that seems almost impossible. Y/N is tasked to make the caretaker of Grace Field, Isabella fall in love with Y/N in less then 3 mo...
2.5K 195 10
☹︎ 𝐀 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭_𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐦𝐳 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 ☹︎ 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 × 𝐓𝐏𝐍 𝐑𝐚𝐲 ☹︎ 𝐁𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐟𝐟 𝐎𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐓𝐏𝐍 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 ☹︎...
14.3K 238 19
Two twins get shipped to the same farm at birth by mistake. Some rules have to be overlooked to take care of these twins properly. They age like ever...
36.4K 430 36
⚠️ FIXED⚠️ .. kinda. Ignore any typos. There is 38 children at Gracefeild house, they consider everyone family here, Emma, Ray, Norman, and (Y/n), a...