Step Into the Light

By PrettyPleasing89

Shine, step into the light. So bright sometimes, but he won't let her go back. *the beginning is a bit rough... More

Casting
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
<3

Chapter 6

464 6 3
By PrettyPleasing89

"Happiness ain't something you sit back and wait for"

HARRY'S POV:

I turn around as I hear the pre chorus approaching. I stare at the wall with anticipation for what's to come next. I'm assuming she'll start at either the pre chorus or chorus. I couldn't believe she was actually gonna do it considering we just met and barely know each other at all. But I think that's why she's choosing me for this. That's the appeal. I don't know her...

That'll be a fun one to figure out...

Shit. Here. We. Go.

"The best thing about being a woman, is the perogative to have a little fun and...." She starts singing quietly. It was amazing. I mean I thought she'd be good. But. Damn.

I just want her to really go for it though.

" Louder! Go for it!" I urge.

"Oh-oh-oh go totally crazy
Forget I'm a lady
Men's shirts, short skirts
Oh-oh-oh, really go wild
Yeah, doin' it in style
Oh-oh-oh, get in the action
Feel the attraction
Color my hair, do what I dare
Oh-oh-oh, I wanna be free
Yeah, to feel the way I feel
Man. I feel like a woman." She sang the loudest she could.

Well shit.

She's a fucking star.

I feel a tap on my shoulder so I turn around to see her.

"What?" She asks nervously seeing my shocked face.

"Are you kidding me? That was some of the best singing I've ever heard!" I say in honesty.

She stared at her feet not knowing what to say.

"You don't know how to take compliments either?" I say through a small chuckle.

She shakes her head as she stares at her feet.

"Well get back to it the key change is coming up! And I wanna hear that shit!" I say to her ready for more.

"Oh I'm not doing it again. You should be glad that I'm not passed out on the floor from that little bit right there. Because there was definitely a point everything started going blurry." She says that last part while laughing.

"Okay then let's definitely not have you do it again.... At least for right now...." I say not wanting to push her too far,but also knowing she should stop holding herself back. She could really be something.

"Uh huh...." She says squinting at me and finally continueing her work behind the counter.

The song comes to an end so I try and find something new. And as I'm scrolling through, I find Summer of '69.

Naturally, I click.

I grab the nearest mop for my air guitar and start my performance.

"Wow, you really like Summer of '69." She says staring at me with a grin.

I don't answer and continue my show.

"Standin' on your mama's porch
You told me that you'd wait forever
Oh, and when you held my hand
I knew that it was now or never
Those were the best days of my life!" I sang and gave it my all trying not to burst into laughter after seeing her watch me bent over laughing.

I sang the rest of the song and ended it with a bow. She even danced behind the counter a little bit.

"You seemed like you know that song like the back of your hand." She says to me coming off of the laughter.

"Yeah, I used to sing a cover of it with my band when I was a teenager." I say setting the mop down.

"One Direction sang it?"

"Well, kind of. We sang it once in a performance on the X Factor. But I only asked if we could sing the song on there because I played it with my other band... White Eskimo." I say feeling awkward.

"White Eskimo?" She says laughing rather hard.

I nod.

"Why White Eskimo?" She asked confused.

"I don't fully remember, I do remember someone saying that we should call it Cheese and Crackers though. Kinda like Salt n Peppa." I say with a chuckle and shaking my head.

"Hey, you're laughing now but you weren't there when we won Battle of the Bands." I say through laughter.

"Why'd you leave? You guys sound like rising stars!" She says laughing and cleaning the counters.

"Well you know after we won, everybody wanted me and my many talents..." I start to say with a cocky grin that made her roll her eyes. "So I decided to audition for X Factor knowing I'd get in because everybody wanted this." I say point at myself.

"Well not everyone, I heard you guys got third." She says with a smirk.

I put an offended look on my face.

"That's only because I had four other idiots with me." I say with another cocky grin.

"Well you got kicked off even earlier without the four other idiots." She says returning the cocky grin.

"Is someone a fan?" I say giving a smirk.

"Well I won't deny that I listened to your guys' music. You know, singles and stuff. I know all this other shit though because of Emma." She says taking off her apron.

"Ah...." I start to say. "Favorite song?" My curiosity couldn't help it.

"I don't know actually, I have a few. I like Night Changes, You and I, Steal My Girl, Olivia, Stor-" I cut her off.

"Not so fast, Olivia isn't a single." I say with an evil smirk.

"Well as I said before, Emma is a fan so she would play One Direction all the time."

"Mhmmm." I say eyeballing her.

She rolled her eyes and took her apron to the back. When she came back her hair was out of a pony tail making her wavy brown hair fan across her shoulders.

I need to stop staring.

She was wearing a graphic t-shirt with a cardigan over it with some jeans. Plus a pearl necklace to top it all off. It was a nice outfit.

"We can leave now, you're free from java jail." She says coming around the counter towards me.

" Java jail?" I ask laughing out.

"I don't know, just came up with it." She says with a chuckle and we head out of the door which she locks.

"Where is your car?" I say looking around.

"It's just over there, you don't have to walk me to it." She says putting her tote on her shoulder. She was always wearing a tote instead of a purse. I think there is sheet music in there but I'm not going to go through it to find out.

"Nope I'm doing it, there are some real freaks out there you know." I say as we walk in the direction of the vehicle .

" Exactly. So here you are walking me to my car knowing there are freaks out there, right? I'll get into my car, safe from freaks, but then you'll have to walk back to your car and then that could be when the freaks strike and I won't be there to help you like you would have been for me." She says with a logical tone.

"Your mind is wierd." I say with a chuckle.

She's not wrong.

But, that's not the point of what I'm doing.

As we walk up to her car I hand her a piece of paper.

"What's this?" She asks looking at the folded parchment.

"My number, how else are you going to let me know when you're off of work so I can pick you up on Monday?" I ask with a grin.

"I can't believe you'll actually go to a salon with me. It's pretty cool not gonna lie." She says looking at the paper rather than me as she leans on her car and I stand in front of her on the sidewalk.

"Not only will I go and get pretty nails but it was my idea." I say with a smirk.

"I know but still, I dated this one guy in highschool and he would have rather been stabbed than get his nails painted." She said while messing with her fingers.

She really would do anything to not look me in the eye.

"Well not everyone is comfortable in their manhood and wants to look nice. They'd rather be manly men." I say using my fingers for quotes.

She chuckles.

"I should probably go, I have to get up early in the morning it's not that late but even if I get in bed at ten I won't be asleep until 2." She says finally looking at me.

Not in the eye though.

Do I intimidate her? I mean I don't think I do. Am I doing something wrong?

"I thought you had Saturdays off?"

"I do, but I'm having some friends over for dinner tomorrow and it's gonna take me all day to get ready for it. My house isn't dirty, but I'm an overthinker." She answers.

"Ah, I get that. Get home safe, okay?" I say backing up so she can get into her car.

"I will, you better as well. I won't be there if there are freaks when you're getting to your car, so you be extra safe." She says getting in.

"Okay." I say through a grin.

She's now fully in and waved before driving away. I waved back and watched her drive off before getting in my car and putting in my aux.

I turn on something that caught my eye. I Wanna Hold Your Hand by The Beatles. And I just sing and drive home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 199 37
❝Can you stop looking at me like I'm the worst person in the world, please?❞ ❝Are you not?❞ --- Where a policeman tries to help a girl who d...
92K 2.9K 46
| lovin' you's the antidote |. "Is this your favorite song today?" I ask her while the chorus plays out. "Yeah, I really like this album," she says...
9.2K 198 33
She's driving him crazy, but he's kinda into it He's driving her crazy, but she's kinda into it
867K 9.4K 111
Cringe warning on the first few imagines, I swear (I even cringe when I read those). This was my first so don't judge and and just enjoy. P.S if yah...