Chasing Air // Billie Eilish

By 1-800-whack-a-hoe

Elliot Eneide, 21, moved to the United States from England three years ago after an incident with her mom. Af... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 24

3.1K 133 74
By 1-800-whack-a-hoe

BILLIE'S P.O.V

"Why have you been so off lately, El?" I asked, setting my hand on her face as we laid down on our sides, facing each other.

"What do you mean?"

I smiled, brushing my thumb across her cheek. "You know what I mean."

She took in a shaky breath, her eyes glossing over. "You're so beautiful and precious and you mean the world to me."

My face heated up and my stomach flipped at the compliment. "Okay... I don't understand why that's making you sad."

She grabbed my hand off of her face, pressing the back of my hand up to her soft lips, peppering it with kisses. Suddenly, she sat up and sighed.

"What's wrong, baby?" I rested my forehead on her shoulder, wrapping my arms loosely around her waist.

"And you're really important to me. You know that, right?"

"Yes." I let out a nervous chuckle. Where was this coming from?

"You make me really happy all the time, and if I could, I'd spend every second with you. We have the most interesting conversations and even when we don't, your presence has always just been enough. You've helped me through so many things." She laughed, sniffling. "And I really, really appreciate it."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What's up? Why are you telling me this? Why does it sound like a goodbye? Why are you crying?"

She shook her head, laughing. "I'm not crying and I'm not going anywhere."

"Damn right, you're not." I pushed her back down and laid on my stomach, on top of her, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Promise everything's okay?" I asked after a minute, raising my head to look up at her.

"Everything's okay." She kissed my head before laying it back down on her chest and turning my LED lights off.

-

I lifted my head up as I felt Elliot moving beneath me. "What are you doing?"

"I have to get ready for work." She laughed.

I turned my phone on. "At three in the morning?"

"I have to open today. We open at 4:00."

"In the morning?"

She laughed. "In the morning. It's coffee, baby."

My stomach swarmed with butterflies at the name. I groaned. "Why do you have to work?"

"For money, you dork."

"Fuck money. I want you to stay here."

She laughed. "I know, but I'm going anyways."

"Can I come?"

"Can you come?"

"Yeah." I nodded. What she said scared me. What if she was just telling me that she was going to work but she was actually leaving? I didn't know where she'd be going but I knew that I didn't want her to go.

"It's a public place, Bil. What's wrong?" She sat up and I sighed.

"Nothing."

"I'll be home around 1:00, okay? Stop worrying about it. Doesn't "Lo Vas A Olvidar" come out today?" I nodded. "I'll see you when you get back from your parents' house today, okay?"

"When I get back? You're not coming?"

She laughed, grabbing my hand and kissing it. "I wasn't exactly invited and they don't know me."

"But they need to. Will you come?"

"If that's what you want."

"It is."

"Okay. I really have to get ready now though." She laughed, kissing my cheek as I got off of her.

-

I sighed, bouncing my leg as I chewed on my bottom lip. Maybe I shouldn't have been so worried. But no. I should have been. Because I knew a lot about Elliot, but there was a lot I didn't know about Elliot. Like, what was in that red journal of hers. What plans Jeremiah was talking about. That scared me. I didn't like not knowing these things but when Jeremiah tried to show me, she got really upset so I didn't think I should've asked about it.

"You okay, Billie?" Claudia asked, leaning closer.

I nodded. "Yeah."

"You look tired."

I laughed. "I am."

"Is everything okay?"

I raised my eyebrows, smiling. "No, but there's nothing you can do to help."

"Does it have to do with Elliot?"

I bit my lip, looking away from her. "I mean, it's actually nothing. Just overthinking, that's all, but it does happen to be overthinking that has to do with Elliot."

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

I laughed, popping my fingers. "No. I want her to come home."

"She should be home like any minute now, shouldn't she?"

"Should be."

Claudia gave me a strange look before sitting back on the couch and pulling her phone out.

-

"Stop freaking out. You're gonna be fine." I turned to Elliot and took both of her hands in mine. "There's no reason to be nervous. Don't freak yourself out or your probably gonna have a panic attack. They like everybody. I know they'll like you." I kissed her cheek before leading her into my parent's house. "Hellooo," I said softly, pulling my mom and dad into a brief hug. "This is Elliot."

"It's so nice to finally meet you. I'm Maggie." She hugged her.

"Patrick." He extended his hand and Elliot shook it, smiling at them.

"Claudia and Finneas are in the backyard. Dinner will be done in a little bit. You guys can go on out there."

"Okay." I grabbed Elliot's hand, lacing our fingers together and guiding her into the backyard. Now that I'm more confident in our relationship, I'm not scared to act a little more questionably around her when we're around other people. I like that though.

"Hey, guys," Claudia said, glancing down at our hands as I let go, sitting down in the last chair, Elliot sitting on the ground beside me. "We can talk about this later?"

"Yes, Claudia, but I already told you it's not up to me anymore." He drug his hands down his face.

"What's not up to you?" I asked.

"Nothing—nothing. It's nothing relevant. How's "I Love You" coming along, Elliot?"

"The plucking pattern is what's getting me, but I'm doing better." She nodded.

"Oh. You'll get it eventually."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 6.7K 59
Billie's mom died in a car accident and her dad is in jail for theft. She's been in foster care for 4 years. She's now 18 and lives in a small apartm...
50.9K 2.1K 43
Billie Eilish x fem!oc {COMPLETED} an abusive relationship disguised by her career and a honeymoon phase. Started- 2.01.21 Completed- 3.27.21
3.4K 61 12
How could you live knowing the person you love is dying right before your eyes? OC is G!P
20.1K 476 13
Y/N is an idol in the LGBT music community. Billie has gone her entire career with false accusations on her sexuality. Maybe this time it isn't so fa...