From The Dining Table [H.S]

By beautifulharry_xo

It's assumed euphoria follows me around the world as I tell unknown stories through songs, yet I'd never know... More

Last Night In Jamaica
Emerald Eyes
Who Are You?
Loving you's the Antidote
Dancing in the Moonlight
From The Dining Table
Angel
I Miss Her
Dear Primrose...
All the Best, -H x
Better Than Words
The One Where Primrose Cries
The Night We Met
She's Special
2 Bananas for a Pound
Unexpected Visitors
Comfortable Silence
Too Late
The Unconscoius Mind
Colour Me In
Walking On Sunshine
Phonecalls
The Start Of Something New
6 More Days
For Your Eyes Only
Don't You Call Me Baby
The Man I Want Him To Be
Surprise, Surprise, Surpirse!
Busy Days And Getaways
London's Quite Big
Sleepy Girl
Beautiful Vulnerability
Chicken Salad
Peace and Prosperity
Beautiful Boy
After Dinner
Source of Happiness
Doesn't Feel Like Home
Fate
Breaking Point
Be Alright
May 12th
We're Live in 3... 2... 1...
May 12th pt.2
Stay
White Winged Dove
Lavendar and Crystal
Dreams
Clear Lipgloss
My World
We'll Be Alright
Unintentional Harm
Love You Goodbye
Eddie and Froggy
My Moment
Granny Pam
The Stories Behind His Letters
London's Calling
Eventim Apollo
Two Bodies One Soul
Lost Without Him.
Promises
I Feel Loved
Family
Lilac and Love
A Twisted Reality
New Years Eve
Hopeless Romantics
Wondering Hands
Falling
One Year
I Moved On
Through Eden We Will Walk
Epilogue

After Show

1.9K 32 20
By beautifulharry_xo

Primrose's POV:

"You could talk to me, love?"

A familiar, warm, comforting voice speaks through the microphone. My body jolts in shock at the sudden noise, turning to face the stage. My eyes widened and a smile grew rapidly over my face, as I stared at the man I'd missed oh so much once again. But this time... it was just us two in the room.

"Bye mum." I end the call abruptly, tossing my phone carelessly into my pocket as I race back to the barrier, desperately trying to jump over it. My skirt was too tight on my legs, limiting me from climbing over the metal separating me from Harry.

He laughed: his long legs jumping him effortlessly off the stage and walking him directly in-front of me. Without hesitation, I grabbed his face with my hands, pulling it forward as our lips collided heavily into a long awaited kiss. Harry immediately took control of the moment, bringing his dominant hands to the back of my delicate bodysuit, their span taking up the entirety of my body. His touch was comforting and warm - it was a familiar sensation my body had been deprived of for so many weeks. However, it was also controlling and hypnotic, causing my breathing to freeze and my thoughts to run blank as all my focus shot to him.

Harry's lips locked perfectly with mine like the final piece of a puzzle as we kissed. They were supple and delicate to a point where I found myself fearing damaging them. But, in this moment, I didn't care. I didn't care if anyone was watching, I didn't care what I looked like, I didn't care if my skirt was riding up again - none of it mattered. Because right now... it was just Harry and I.

He moved his hands to sit on his fingertips, running them up and down my spine slowly creating a wave of satisfaction so strong all my hairs stood on end. Trailing round to his neck, I took a loose hold of his hair at the bottom of his neck, causing his breathing to pick up. Harry bought his lips away from mine momentarily, resting his forehead on mine as our hot, heavy breaths mixed between us. Allowing him to keep control of this moment, I waited for his next move as the smell of tobacco and vanilla found itself back in my nose again.

Harry exhaled a small laugh, his lips pulling into a smirk as he raised his head, dragging his bottom lip teasingly over mine. I swallowed harshly, using everything in me to not smash our lips together again.

"This won't do." Harry whispered, drawing his hands down to snake around my waist. I squealed as he so gracefully lifted me over the barrier, hooking me over his shoulder and turning to face the stage - sitting me down on it. His body stood in between my legs which I wrapped closely round his waist, my skirt bunching up around my hips again.

Our lips connected again, yet this time moved in correlation for a much deeper, slower, more passionate kiss. Harry held my hips as I held the sides of his face, our lips dancing over one another's for what felt like the first time. I could feel my heart pounding against my chest, each beat rattling my body to a point where I felt giddy with adrenaline.

"Harry..." I mumble into the kiss, trying to pull my lips away from his.

"Mmhm..." he hums back, trailing his hands to my back and pushing my body even closer onto his. My head naturally rolls back as Harry's lips trail to my neck, planting kisses against the sensitive skin in the spots he knows I love.

"Hi." I force out, trying to get some form of conversation out.

"Hi, baby." He coos into my ear, his hot breath cushioning my skin. I pull his head carefully to sit in front of mine, my eyes locking with his emeralds so easily it was like I never left.

My lips pull into a smile, as I peck another, quick kiss into Harry's lips. "How are you?" I ask, kissing his lips again.

Harry laughs, reaching up and tucking a curl behind my ear - cupping my face momentarily with his hand as he did. "I'm good." He now kisses my lips. "You?"

"Good." I agree, kissing him once more.

Harry lifts me to my feet, kindly pulling my skirt down as he did. As I wrap my arms around his neck to kiss him again, I hear the sound of movement behind us. Looking over my shoulder, I was happily surprised to see Sarah and Mitch.

"Hi, Sarah!" I exclaim as she comes to the end of the stage, bending down to hug me.

"Hi, Primrose. What a shock to see you here." She lies, winking as she stood up.

Mitch was in the corner awkwardly looking at his guitar, flicking his eyes up to us once or twice, but mostly avoiding contact. To be polite, I said "hi, Mitch." With a small wave, and he nodded like he did previously.

Harry walked up to the stage, using his muscular, inked arms to pull his entire body weight back on to the stage. I laughed in shock as he did, taking a few steps back from the platform I was almost as tall as.

"Jump up." Harry gestured, looking down on me.

"Harry, I can't jump up that." My hands stretch to the top of the stage, failing to pull my body up. "I'm too weak."

"Give me your hands." Harry bends down and wraps my hands in his. "Ready?" He checks and I nod. Harry stands up straight, lifting me entirely as he did and plopping me simply down on the stage before him. How is he this strong? How did I never know he was this strong?

"I'll be right back." Harry announces suddenly, racing backstage before I could even ask where he was going. Sarah approached, pulling me in for another hug - one where our bodies were at equal levels this time.

"I'm so glad you made it!" She squeezes me tighter. "Was the travel okay?" Sarah asks, walking me over to the speakers on the side of the stage near Mitch and occupying one to sit on. I do the same: cautiously hoisting myself up to sit on the black box.

"Yeah, it was good to be honest." I reply, looking around the arena from a fully new perspective as I was now at Harry's eye level. "Sarah, you've outdone yourself. You didn't have to go through such troubles for me." I tell her, and she shakes her head.

"Nonsense! I love doing things like this, makes me feel like Cupid." She laughs, and I join in, sniping Mitch smiling in the corner of my eye.

"Mitch..." I gesture for him to come over, wanting to include him in this conversation in fear of him feeling left out. "...how are you enjoying tour?" I ask, sparking an open conversation that I know he can talk about.

"Uhh." He scratches his head, leaning on the speaker Sarah was sat on. "It's good. Never thought I'd be in a position like this." He shrugs casually.

"Is there a specific venue you're looking forward to playing in?" I continue, seeing Mitch loosen to the room.

"Well I'm looking forward to-,"

"What are you talking about? It can't possibly be interesting if Mitch is talking." Harry strides confidently onto the stage, his suit reflecting in the lights shining from above.

"Harry!" I scold, standing up from my speaker and swatting him on his arm. Mitch doesn't react to his comment. Sarah laughs.

"What? I'm joking." He assures. "And ow!" He rubs his arm melodramatically. Sarah and Mitch suddenly leaped to their feet, moving almost synchronised as Sarah occupied her drums and Mitch took the keyboard in the corner. My eyes followed them as they did, confused as to why they decided to move there considering the show was over.

"What are they doin-," I whisper, turning to face Harry. My sentence became interrupted as I took a small gasp of shock in, my hands coming to cup my face in awe.

Harry was stood in front of me with the most innocent, beautiful smile on his face, holding a bunch of white roses to his chest. He put them out in front of me, gesturing for me to take them. "They're for you." He speaks softly as I take them, bringing them to my nose and inhaling the sweet aroma. "Fans throw them on stage at the end of shows, and I usually give them to crew. But, I kept the prettiest bunch for you." He gets quieter as he speaks, my heart exploding with love as it watches Harry in this vulnerable state.

"Harry... they're beautiful." I take his face in my hands and lay a soft kiss into his lips. As soon as I do, the lights dim to a spotlight over us, and a soft piano melody begins to play.

Harry took two steps back, putting one hand out. "Would you like to dance with me, Primrose?" He smiles, bowing his head down.

Putting the flowers on the speaker behind me, I feather my fingertips onto his, gently curving my fingers to hold his hand as he stood up straight, bringing my hand to his lips and laying a kiss into it. My cheeks blushed at the gesture, my stomach spinning with excitement as Harry walked us slowly to the centre of the stage under the spotlight.

Harry's arms snaked around my waist, bringing my body close to his as he swayed us side to side in beat to the music. His emeralds glimmered under the lights, taking me back to the night in Jamaica where the moon shon so beautifully down on him I had to contemplate if he was actually real.

I was so mesmerised by this moment I was sharing with Harry, that I failed to notice the song playing in the background. "Is this...?" I go to ask, but not wanting to in hesitation of getting it wrong. Harry nods, causing one of his curls to fall over his face. Taking my pointer finger, I pull it to one side, holding his face delicately in my palm. A shy smile snuck its way into my face as I felt Harry lower his weight into my hand, me now fully holding him like a baby. He's my baby. Our foreheads met in the middle again, my eyes slowly drifting shut as I became absorbed by this feeling of safety.

"Are you okay?" Harry whispers, lifting his head slightly from mine.

"I told you earlier I was." I laugh at his forgetfulness, leaning up and pecking his lips.

"No... I mean. Are you okay? Mentally, physically, emotionally. Has anything happened since I've been gone?" Harry questions quietly, his grip tightening on my waist ever so slightly as if he was nervous for my response.

"Things were... different." I sigh, drawing my eyes to lock with Harry's. "Life was weird knowing you weren't just a call or text away." I admit, lowering my hand from Harry's head and bringing it to intertwine with my other around his neck.

"You know you can always call me." Harry assures, and I nod my head in agreeance quickly to soothe his nerves.

"I know, baby. I know." I coo, stroking his neck with my thumbs to bring a familiar sense of affection to the conversation. "But, in terms of the break, I couldn't just call for a chat." I explain, and Harry nods.

"What about Angel? Did you talk to him?" He asks.

"Uhmm..." my breathing hitches slightly at the unexpected reminder of what happened. The entire situation was a blur in my mind as it slowly got forgotten in amongst all the chaos of this evening.

"What happened?" Harry asks, knowing my hesitation meant something was wrong.

I shake my head, swallowing harshly. "I don't really want to talk about him right now." I say quietly, dropping my head slightly away from Harry. "I want to talk about you. How's tour?" I change the subject.

Harry now shakes his head, his lip forming into a line as he did. "No work talk." He tells me. "Just want to feel like I'm back home with you again, like now." He whispers.

Our bodies continue to sway to the beautiful piano playing from Mitch, my mind singing the lyrics as the song progressed. I felt Harry's hand glide up my sides - his cold rings tingling against my exposed skin as he bought one of my hands down from round his neck. Holding it softly, he raised it above his head and spun me round slowly, my hair gliding in the air as I turned. He pulled me to his chest, holding my waist again as I hugged his chest, stroking soft lines up and down his back with my thumbs.

"Why are you here?" Harry whispers, kissing my temple.

I take a moment to respond, confused as to what he meant. "I'm being supportive?" I respond, keeping close to his body but wanting to look at his expression as he spoke.

"No, why are you here?" He asks again. "We're on a break." He reminds.

"Do you not want to see me?" I whisper, my voice cracking from the lump expanding in my throat. My breathing picked up rapidly as I suddenly became overwhelmed with anxiousness, fearing that Harry didn't want me here after all.

"Hey..." Harry hums, bringing me out in front of him. "Of course I do, love." He forces out a shaky smile, wiping away a tear with his thumb.

"I've just been thinking..." I trail off, looking away into the empty seats before us to stop Harry from seeing me crying.

"Hmm?" He hums, urging me to continue my thought whilst placing his pointer finger on my chin and turning me to face him again.

"Maybe this break isn't such a good idea." I mumble, looking up at Harry through my teary eyes. A smile so pure and true danced across Harry's face as he laughed to himself, causing me to laugh too. He crashed his lips into mine for a long, yet simple kiss - our bodies continuing to sway slowly to the music.

"That's the best thing I've heard in a long time." Harry laughs, tightening his hold on my waist and lifting me up from the ground, spinning me round quickly. It felt as if I was flying: the white lights swirling my vision as angelic music filled my ears. I've really missed this.

As my feet met the ground below, I clung to his shoulders for balance as I steadied my vision. Stumbling slightly, Harry reached out and grabbed my wrists in reflex, causing an uncontrolled "ouch" to hiss through the air. Harry immediately dropped my wrists as I held one in my hand, looking down at the minor bruising covering the area.

"I- I- I- I'm so sorry, Primrose. I didn't mean to hurt you. I- I-, you fell. And I just needed to make sure you didn't fall. I'm so so so sorry!" Harry pleads, hovering his hands over my wrist but hesitating to actually touch it.

"No, Harry. This wasn't your fault. You didn't do this." I assure him, hiding my arm behind my back. "I promise you, this wasn't done by you." I say, but as soon as those words hit Harry's ears, his face drops into one of concern and slight rage - his emeralds falling to a dark grey.

"Who was it? Was this Dan? Primrose, you told me you were fine!" Harry's voice got slightly louder as he ran his hands frustratedly through his hair.

"It wasn't Dan!" I reply quickly. "It was the security guard."

Harry snaps his head onto mine, his eyebrows furrowing down and his hands clenched in fists by his sides. "Why did a security guard handle you like that?" He grits through his teeth.

"He thought I jumped the banister, so he grabbed me to stop me from running." I explain rapidly, placing a hand in Harry's shoulder in attempt to relieve the tense atmosphere surrounding what was such a beautiful moment.

"I'll fucking kill him." Harry says flatly, turning and walking heavily to the stage exit. "Nobody treats my fans like that, and especially not you." He says, shaking his head as he went. Racing after him, I grab his shoulder and spin him round, stopping him dead in his tracks as he looked over his shoulder at me with anger seething through his veins.

"Harry, stop!"

"Why were you even over the barrier in the first place?" He asks, turning to face me.

"Because Sarah organised for me to stand front row!" I blurt out, darting to look at Sarah as soon as I realised what I said, but quickly snapping back to Harry as me moved closer to me. "She helped organise how I was going to surprise you. She told the security guards my name and told them what to do with me!" I explain further, hoping to dear god I cleared Sarah's name.

"You told my security guards to fucking man handle Primrose?" Harry yells at Sarah, looking at her from the corner of his eye. Without letting her reply, Harry began bolting off the stage, vanishing backstage so fast my feet couldn't even move in time.

"Harry!" I shout, running after him. "Sarah, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to say that!" I quickly tell Sarah, but she just nods her head. For fuck sake. My feet sprint me into the dark backstage of the venue, weaving through the corridors as Harry's shadow lead the way. Turning a sharp corner, I saw Harry frozen half way up the stairs, his head hanging down and his entire body heaving up and down from breathlessness. I approached quietly, keeping distance but wanting him to know my presence.

"Harry?" I whisper, placing a hand ever so lightly on his back. He flinches at the movement, causing my hand to jolt off his blazer. "Harry, it's okay. I'm okay." I whisper, edging ever so slightly closer to him.

"This isn't okay." He whispers, standing up straight. He turns and falls down onto one of the steps, his hands hanging in between his legs and his head also looking down, causing his curls to curtain over his face. "Why is it that every time I'm gone, something happens to you?" His voice cracks slightly, and I immediately realise what's happening.

I go and sit next to him, slowly bringing my arm around his shoulders and pulling him gently to rest his head on my shoulders. "Harry, you can't keep holding yourself accountable for things that happen to me when you aren't here." I say quietly. "I know it's not easy, but you have to trust that I am okay until I tell you otherwise."

"But-," he stops himself, burrowing his head into the crook of my neck. My hand strokes his head lovingly, letting him take the time he needs to get out whatever he needed to say. "But, I want to be there to protect you." He mumbles into my skin.

"I know you do, Harry. And I appreciate that so much." I kiss his head lightly. "But you have much more important things to focus on right now than silly old me. That's the only thing to of happened to me in the weeks you've been gone. And, it isn't even a big deal." I laugh, hoping to bring the mood up.

"Nothing is more important to me than you." Harry brings his head up to level with mine, his glossy emeralds shyly looking at my eyes.

"And nothing is more important to me than you." I agree, kissing his forehead.

"Do you have your crystal?" Harry sniffles, wiping his eyes to stop any tears falling from it.

"It's in my pocket with my car keys." I assure him, tapping my skirt in its location. Harry nods, sniffling slightly as he wiped a tear away. There was something different about him right now. It was as if something had been weighing him down so much it was finally getting the best of him.

"Harry?" I ask. "How have you been, you know, with our break?" I say quietly, continuing to stroke his hair to show him that I'm not trying to intimidate him during this vulnerable state.

"Fine." Harry mumbles, sitting up straight. His arms rested on his thighs, using his hands to prop his weak head up. I didn't say anything, I just looked at him for a few moments, observing his body language. Harry's head reluctantly moved to look at mine, as soon as our eyes made unexpected contact he jolted away. I was waiting for a truthful answer, but I wasn't going to force it out of him.

"Not fine." Harry says quietly, rubbing his eyes with his hands again.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask, shuffling slightly closer to Harry again.

"Not much to say." He shrugs. "I just struggle with being alone." Harrys voice falls so quiet it's almost not even there. His eyes fall tightly shut, his lips folding into a line as he took a deep, shaky breath in.

"I know, I know." I soothe, reaching over and wrapping my arms around him, pulling him in for a hug. "But you can always call me, just like I can always call you." I remind him, kissing his temple lightly.

"I didn't want to disturb you. I wanted you to have the space you needed." Harry sniffles again.

He was so soft right now. There wasn't an ounce of anger left in him. Seeing him this emotionally fragile seriously makes me think something else has happened with him whilst he's been on tour. Looking at him right now, he seems extremely fragile: easily frustrated, easily upset, easily humoured. His mood has changed so drastically over the evening, it's not like Harry to get so mad at Sarah, or to become so aggressive, or to be so bluntly rude to Mitch.

"Well, as it turns out, the break wasn't such a good idea after all." I try to bring a sense of humour to the conversation, and Harry exhales the smallest laugh. "But, I did really appreciate those letters."

Harry sits up at the mention of the letters, dropping his hands from his face and turning to face me. "I knew you would." A small smile crept across his face, bringing back the glimmer of happiness to his emeralds. "Primrose, I'm so sorry I reacted like this tonight, it's so not like me. Can we just go back out to everyone else and forget about all of this?" Harry asks, standing and bringing his hand out to take.

I nod, smiling simply as I took his hand and rose to my feet. We locked our fingers, walking leisurely through the dim backstage, weaving through lights and boxes and crew cleaning up. This was simple. It was quiet and peaceful as we went: not saying anything to one another, just catching eyesight when we both looked at one another in admiration.

Harry said to forget about everything that just happened, but I don't want to forget.

Not just yet.

Turning onto the stage, Sarah rose from her drum stool immediately at our arrival, Mitch taking a protective stance in-front of her and putting a hand round her back as we approached. We stopped, met with an awkward silence between the four of us as we all stood. Harry looked aimlessly around the venue, whilst Mitch stared at him. Sarah and I awkwardly mimed and mouthed a conversation to one another, consisting of the basic thumbs up, heart shaped hands, 'you okay?' and 'I'm sorry.'.

"So... Mitch and I were thinking of going out for a drink if you guys wanted to come?" Sarah asks quietly, receiving a sketchy look from Mitch.

"No, we're fine, thank you." Harry brushes off, stroking my hand with his thumb as he held it. "But, Sarah, I was wondering if you wanted to help me thank the crew. Usually Mitch and I do it, but I thought you might want to today." Harry said quietly, his eyes trained on the floor.

"Sure, I'd love to." Sarah replied, kissing Mitch on the cheek and nodding in an assuring way. He hesitated for a few moments, before standing to the side and letting her pass. As Harry and Sarah met in the middle of the stage and walked to the wing, I turned my head and watched. Harry bought his arm round Sarah's shoulders and pulled her close, a smile on his face as he did. It made me smile seeing them make up - I didn't like when there was tension between him and people I know he loves.

I made my way back to the speaker, and picked up my roses, smelling them once again. Mitch loomed in the background, tracing his fingers over the rims of the drums. Chewing on my lip slightly, I hesitated to ask him a question burning in my mind. Mitch and I aren't exactly close, but we aren't strangers either. I have a level of trust in him after he helped me when I got assaulted.

Blinking profusely through the tears, I finally managed to see again. There, in front of me, crouched, was an unbelievably frightened looking Harry, next to a scared Mitch - both their hands on my shoulders. Sarah stood in-front of me, blocking whatever commotion was happening in the street.

"Primrose. Can you hear me now?" Mitch asks, his voice no longer muffled.

I take a deep gulp, "yes." I force out, my voice shaky from my body's continuous trembling.

"Mitch?" I croak out, fiddling with the plastic wrapped around the flowers.

He looks up. "Mmhm?" He hums in response quietly.

I walk up to the drums, standing in front of them so Mitch didn't feel intimidated by the sudden distance I closed on him. "Is Harry genuinely okay?" I ask, knowing he will tell me the truth. "I mean, he's told me that he is, but, judged on how fragile he was today I feel like there's something bothering him."

"Do you trust him?" Mitch asks, walking round the drums and sitting before me.

"Yes, of course." I reply instantly. "But, I know Harry likes to circle round the truth to stop me from worrying. And I fear that this is one if those moments." I laugh awkwardly, sitting on the edge of platform that was raising the drums up above stage level.

"Harry's been... distant." Mitch sits next to me. "At the beginning of tour he was heartbroken in all honesty. Then, when he started to write you, it got better but it wasn't perfect. He was very separated a lot of the time - especially at the mention of your name. There's only so many times I can ask if he's okay before I start to irritate him. Eventually, he snaps. Harry once broke down crying and yelling, telling me he hated me, and that all he wanted to do was be home with you. He said none of us mattered, and then stormed out of soundcheck." Mitch said casually.

"What do you mean, when you say he was heartbroken?" My mind digs further, forgetting the boundaries with this conversation as I became overwhelmed with thoughts and feelings about what Mitch was telling me.

Mitch sighs, blinking at me a few times as he turned to face me. "Are you sure you want me to tell you this?" He checks.

In honesty, I was taken back when Mitch said that. How bad could Harry of really been? A rush of nerves swam up my body, shooting to my head as the world around became momentarily blurred. "I- uhh... yeah. Tell me." I mumble out, focusing on the lights above to stop my vision spinning.

"So, it was our first night on tour. There was a note in the hotel room addressed to both you and Harry. He said he was fine as he did the usual thing of pushing me away, but then just as I went to leave, he told me everything. Harry was scared that your break would turn into a break up, because he lov-," Mitch stopped himself. "Because he really liked you, and couldn't see himself with anybody else. He told me he wanted to be happy now, instead of feeling this indescribable pain he had from not being with you. It was so difficult to watch him in a state like that. These excruciating, raw screams of sadness and agony erupted from his body as tears continuously streamed down his face. He was weak, frail, lost without you. From that night, he was never the same." Mitch stopped again, looking at me for a few moments as I took everything in.

"Snapping at Sarah was a first, however." He adds, making me dart my eyes to him in shock. "It's usually me or Jeffrey he takes his emotions out on."

"Is that why you got so protective?" I ask, swallowing harshly as my emotions begin to boil over inside - minor tears forming in my eyes at the thought of Harry so broken because of me.

"Natural instinct." Mitch shrugs. "Like how Harry got when he found out what the security guard did." I nod. "How is your wrist, by the way?" Mitch gestures to my arm, and I bring it out in front of us.

"It's okay." I blow off the question, too focused on what was being revealed about Harry. "Umm, Mitch? Do you think he will be okay now that we are back together?" My voice breaks as I speak, awkwardly wiping a stray tear away from my eyes.

"Harry is a very private soul." Mitch hands me a handkerchief from his jacket pocket. Bless him. I dab a tear away from under my eye. "He likes to keep his emotions locked up for the most of us. But, you're the only acceptation." I hand the cloth back to Mitch, my eyes going wide at what he said. "Just make sure you check on him. Being alone is Harry's worst fear." Mitch finishes.

"Thank you." I smile shakily, using every ounce of energy remaining in my body to speak as my mind replayed one of the hardest yet most eye opening evening of my life.

"We always make it though. Always." I whisper, leaning forward and laying a long kiss into Harry's lips, leaning my forehead on his. "Always."

"What if we don't, though?" Harry asks, his eyes flicking between mine and the duvet beneath us as if he was scared to ask that.

"We will." I reassure him, stroking his arm comfortingly with my hand.

"I'm gonna tear us apart permanently one day." Harry's voice broke, and he looked away to the other side of the room to hide tears welling in his eyes.

"It's okay to show your emotions, Harry. It's okay, to have 'flaws', and to think you aren't perfect. You're perfectly imperfect to me." I force a smile through my trembling, bringing my hand to stroke his cheek. "Cry, Harry. It's okay." I repeat his words from earlier, and watch as his whole body is overcome with emotions.

"I just feel so alone without you." Harry forces out, his head falling into my chest, as he sobs out desperate screams of agony and sadness, trying to relieve the pain he was feeling inside. Incoherent words fell out his mouth as he tried to control what was happening. Holding his head in my hands, I cooed a gentle 'shhhhhh', trying to soothe his distress.

"You ready to go, P?" Harry's voice speaks softly from the side of the stage. Nodding, I jump to my feet, turning and hugging Mitch quickly.

"Thankyou." I whisper, pulling away and quickly approaching Harry. Harry wraps his arm around my waist, giving Mitch a quick goodbye as he lead me off the stage. Our bodies became engulfed by the darkness as we walked, slowly making our way to the exit.

"You know, Harry..." I begin, looking up at him. "You're the guy that everyone wishes was theirs, and I'm lucky enough to call mine." I reach up and kiss his cheek.

"I've missed you so much, love." Harry holds the door open for me, gesturing for me to enter the starry night. "Now, let's get you home."

I saw Harry in a whole new light today. Though I always knew he was fearful of being alone, hearing what Mitch told me has genuinely opened my eyes. Harry is such a complex soul, and every time I think I have him minimally figured out, I'm shown a new, beautiful side to Harry. I'm so beyond excited for the journey ahead of us now that we aren't on a break. Somewhere in my mind, I was convinced that was a good idea - oh how wrong I was.

Harry is the type of person who you have to supply with constant communication for them to express themselves back. I've learnt that with difficulties, comes insecurities. In his mind, Harry thought this break was his fault. He's told me before how terrified he is that he will be the reason our relationship ends, and that makes my heart ache. It gives me such an overwhelming sensation of guilt because he views me as 'better' in the relationship, to the point where we would part ways purely down to him.

I really hope he knows this break wasn't his fault. I really, really do.

As we walked up to his Range Rover, I spotted my lonely mini in the middle of the car park - filled with all my overnight supplies that I'd need to stay at Harry's. That is if Harry invited me to stay: he hasn't asked me to. Is it rude to ask?

"Harry?" I ask, as he opened the car door for me.

"Yes, love?" He replies, taking my hand in his and guiding me into the car like a princess.

"Where are we going?"

Harry laughs, looking at me with a puzzled expression. "Baby, I'm taking you home." He smiles, closing my door. Not even two seconds later, his door swung open as a result of his long legs rapidly carrying him round the car, and he hopped in his seat. My heart dropped to my feet in disappointment at the fact I was going home. I'd only spent a few hours with Harry and I was already going to have to say goodbye.

"Oh. I was thinking I drive my car back home because it's just over there and it saves you doing two trips. Plus all my stuff is in that car so it's easier for me to be honest." I mumble quietly and quickly, looking down into my lap as I fiddled with my fingers nervously.

Harry leant forward, lowering his head to meet the same level as mine. I flinched away slightly, not wanting to meet his eyes in humiliation at my unspoken assumption. My chest sharply breathed in as Harry placed his hand under my chin and turned my face to meet his, leaving it there until my eyes met his. Reluctantly, they trailed round to meet with his emeralds - a tiny smile quirking momentarily over his face at the contact.

"I'm taking you to my house, you numpty." Harry laughed, pulling my head forward and laying a small kiss into my lips.

He sat back, the car humming to life as he began to pull out of his spot. I didn't say anything in fear of humiliating myself again as Harry drove off, my eyes staring at my car still containing my things. Looking over at Harry, his lip pulled into a cocky smirk as the car came to an abrupt stop. "Don't worry, I'm getting your things." He laughs, turning to face me.

My body freezes as he hooks his long fingers into my pocket, fumbling for a few moments as he found my keys and pulled them out. I watched as he opened the drivers door, taking my backpack and slinging it over his suit jacket, before making his way to the boot. Harry effortlessly lifted the suitcase with three fingers, the other two holding the keys.

My bags were placed on the back seat, and Harry plopped back down in the drivers seat, pulling out the car park and onto the main road. My eyes glued shut in comfort as Harry's hand placed itself on that same position on my thigh; not resting fully until I gave him the head nod of consent. Once I did, Harry wasted no time holding my leg in his dominant hand, his cold rings creating a cooling contrast from the heat radiating from his skin.

"You're quiet tonight." Harry speaks softly, pulling up to a red light. "Everything okay?" He hums.

I nod. "Tired." I lie. In actuality, my mind was still overcome with everything Mitch told me, exhaustingly sorting through his words to try and find a way to comprehend the images I was just presented with.

"Let's get you to bed then." Harry stopped the car, and I quickly realised we were already home. I must've been silent for longer than I even realised if we'd made it home so fast.

The cool, night air tingled my skin as Harry lead me inside, carrying my bags along with him. My tired feet shuffled up the familiar stairs, finding their way to Harry's bedroom and sitting me on the end of the bed. Kicking my shoes off, I watched as Harry began rummaging through my suitcase carefully, pulling out a hoodie.

Placing the jumper on my lap, Harry hooked his nimble fingers under the straps of my bodysuit and slowly pulled them down my arms, letting them hang just below my shoulders. "Arms up." Harry told me, and I raised them above my head. He brings the hoodie above my head, sliding my arms through the sleeves and delicately pulling it over my head. We both laughed as my hair draped my face, and Harry tucked it behind my ears, leaning down and pecking my lips lightly.

Taking my hands in his, he bought me up to my feet. His hands traced down my sides, curving over my hips and snaking under the jumper so they found contact with my skirt. Grasping the zip, he undid it: bending down to his knees and bringing his hands down to hold the bottom of the fabric. Slowly, he pulled it down, giving enough time for the hoodie fabric to fold down over my legs so I wasn't fully exposed in front of him.

Small, intimate moments like this make me love him even more than I ever thought possible.

Harry stood up straight, taking a step back so that I could undo my bodysuit without feeling intimidated by him. Unclipping the buttons, our eyes stayed locked on eachother as I shimmied the delicate fabric off my body, stepping out of it as it lay around my feet. Without warning, Harry sweeps me off my feet, bringing me into the bridal hold with one arm round my back and one hooked under my legs. I squealed at the motion, burying my head in Harry's neck as he carried me round to my side of the bed.

Bravely, he bent down and tossed the duvet open - squeezing my body tighter to not drop me as he did - and laying myself on the silky mattress. Harry got in his side of the bed, snaking his arm around my waist and pulling my body against his.

"I'm so happy you're here, P." Harry whispers against my neck. "I've missed you so much it's hurt."

I know, Harry. I know.

"I've missed you too, H." I agree, comforted by the familiar hold my body has wanted for so many weeks.

My eyes drooped shut as I lay with Harry, my mind enjoying the silence between us as I focused on the simple sounds coming from Harry. His heartbeat pulsed lightly against my back, making me smile as I felt his heart rate pick up when I shuffled back further into his body. Harry's breath danced down my neck, sending fireworks up my spine as my body was satisfied by the sheer reminder that he was alive. Tom Ford pillowed my nostrils as I slowly drifted to a warm sleep, my chest slowly rising and falling in unison with Harry's.

Just as I fell to sleep, I was minimally awoken by subtle shuffling behind me. Staying silent, I felt Harry's arm momentarily pull from my waist, reaching over his back in search of something. When it returned, I noticed it wasn't alone as a soft sensation sat against my stomach.

"Goodnight, Froggy." Harry whispered, stroking my sides as his body relaxed into mine once more.

I've missed this feeling of completion. This feeling of utter sanctity that I only experience when I'm with Harry. He completes a part of me that I never realised needed completion until he left me for the first time.

But for now, I'm consumed by this very moment: enjoying the company of the man I love in a place that feels so safe to me.

I'm finally home again.

***

A/N: kind of long again, sorry x

Cover Credit:
If I Could Fly, Piano Cover - Performed by Kenneth August.
Found from Youtube Channel @Kenneth August.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 136 21
A Harry Styles Short Story "Olivia, You always used to tell me that writing was an entrance to the soul. It had the ability to allow us to express...
14.8K 210 6
All Harry-themed One-Shots. I'll be posting a new one every day until Sunday, June 24th!
6K 261 55
Golden, Fire and Magic... that's the answer I give to people whenever they wonder about us, they just nod and smile thinking we're too poetic for the...
75.8K 1.7K 34
Before you read this, make sure you read Love at the Forum!