The Marriage Law // Remus Lup...

By lqvemore

After the first wizarding war, the ministry passed a law for all eligible wizards to marry. the ministry sen... More

introduction
notes (will be adding to in future)
the letter
i. place where you first met me
ii. begin again
iii. filling in the blanks as we go
iv. all roads (they lead me here)
v. thinking that i hate you now
vi. you and i (walk a fragile line)
vii. break my soul in two
viii. right where you left me
ix. heaven can't help me now
x. this thing was a masterpiece
xi. linger like a tattoo kiss
xii. wherever you stray (i follow)
xiii. paper cut stings (from my paper thin plans)
xv. freedom (ain't nothing but missing you)
xvi. hope it never ends
xvii. found wonderland (you and i got lost in it)
xviii. shining just for you
xix. happiness because of you
xx. left a permanent mark
xxi. aim for my heart
xxii. lost in the memory
xxiii. gave me no compasses (gave me no signs)
xxiv. wake up by your side
xxv. little taste of heaven
xxvi. million little stars (spelling out your name)
xxvii. i forgot to say your name
xxviii. always be this close
xxix. all along there was some invisible string
xxx. for you (i would ruin myself)
xxxi. easy they come (easy they go)
xxxii. all i want is you
xxxiii. covered in you
xxxiv. everything has changed
xxxv. meet me in the afterglow
xxxvi. swear i'd love you right
xxxvii. i would fall from grace
xxxviii. a great love (one for the ages)
xxxix. still worship this love
xl. if my wishes came true
xli. it would've been you
xlii. meet me in the pouring rain
xliii. help me hold on to you
xliv. where we fell apart
xlv. casually cruel (in the name of being honest)
xlvi. sorry that i hurt you
xvlii. you are in love
xlviii. the one that you dream of
xlix. captivated by you (like a fireworks show)
l. flashback to when you met me
li. i'd marry you with paper rings
lii. i'm all about you
liii. one single thread of gold tied me to you

xiv. loving you for quite some time

41.4K 1.3K 799
By lqvemore

"Are you excited?" Lily asked Lois as she started doing her makeup.

"Very. It's all about the honeymoon," She joked. Lois and Sirius were going to be heading off to Italy for a week after the wedding, and then in the summer they decided that they wanted to tour around Europe.

"Have you and Sirius been practicing your Italian?" Aurora asked from where she was sat on Lois' bed, watching Lily fret around the dresser looking for her eyeshadow palette.

"I have," Lois told her sister. "But I'm not too sure about Sirius. I might have told him that there was a spell to translate for you," She said sheepishly.

"There isn't though," Aurora told her. Then Aurora's eyes widened in realisation. "What did you tell him the spell was?"

"I might have said it was Anatiducula,"

"Lois!" Aurora exclaimed. That spell definitely didn't translate languages. It caused the victim's wand to produce ducks whenever a spell was cast. "If you can, take a picture," She added, thinking it would be funny to see the shock on his face. "And he hasn't tested it beforehand?" She asked, thinking that Sirius would at least want to try and use it.

"Heh, about that," Lois snickered. "I told the others that when he casts it, to speak English so he thinks it works,"

Both Lily and Aurora laughed at Lois, as she told them how excited Sirius was. Soon enough though, Lois' makeup was done, and Aurora got up off the bed to start on her hair.

"How many people have you invited?"

Lois looked at her sister through the mirror. "Not many. Probably 30?"

Aurora nodded her head, and continued to brush through her twin's hair. "I'm assuming that McGonnagall is going to be there?"

Lois laughed, remembering the reasons Sirius told her as to why they should invite the icon that is Minerva. "Of course. But I'm excited for Moody,"

"What on earth do you mean?"

"During the war, Lois tried to become Moody's best friend. She even got a hug out of him," Lily told her.

"Seriously? Mad-eye Moody?" Aurora was shocked that Lois had managed to get the infamous Auror to show an emotion. Lois' nodded excitedly, a large smile growing on her face.

Aurora's smile copied her sister's and she finished the last plait in her hair. "Thank you so much Rory," Lois turned towards her.

"No problem,"

After helping Lois finish up getting ready, Aurora leftest the room to quickly get into her own dress. It was a pale pink dress, reaching down to her feet.

According to Lois, this had to be the colour, because during her fourth year (when she had a huge crush on Sirius) Lily had pushed her into Sirius, leading Lois to fall down the stairs and break her leg. Lily hadn't meant to do that, just a playful nudge, but Lois swore that at their wedding, she would find the colour Lily would look the worst in, and make her wear it. So that's why Aurora was currently complaining about being in a pink dress to herself.

It wasn't that she had anything against the colour, but it was definitely not one she wore often.

Before she left one of the spare rooms, she quickly checked her reflection. Her dark hair had been curled lightly, to create beautiful beach waves that framed her face nicely.

Aurora walked downstairs, into the kitchen, where the other bridesmaids and groomsmen were waiting. All of the guests were sat down in the garden - where the wedding was being held.

James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter were all huddled together, no doubt giving words of encouragement before Sirius had to head out, to then be followed by pairs of groomsmen and bridesmaids, and then finally Lois.

Aurora looked over to see Lily, and walked quickly towards her.

"How is she?" Aurora asked quietly.

"Nervous. But excited," Lily grinned. Aurora didn't reply, and continued to nervously look around the room.

Soon enough, they were told to 'get into position', which for Aurora meant standing next to Remus.

He was wearing a normal black suit and white shirt, but the tie matched the colour of her dress. Remus, sadly, looked great. And Aurora found her voice being caught in her throat.

"You look nice," He whispered to her, and she'd be lying if her cheeks didn't flush the slightest.

"You as well," She said distantly, looking away from him trying to hide her face.

Aurora would be lying if she said she remembered walking down the aisle and moving to take her place next to Lily. All that had been going through her mind was that it would be her doing it for real at her own wedding, which wasn't too far off in the future like she had been pretending.

But Aurora did remember seeing her sister walk down, all eyes turning to look at her. Her dress was full-length; it was close-fitting on the top half, with a plunging v neck, decorated with small lace flowers. The skirt flowed out into different layers, matching flowers surrounding around the bottom of each layer.

Walking down the aisle, Lois had her arm laced with their father's, a bright smile on her face, as her gaze was focused solely on Sirius, and his only on her.

Lois briefly hugged their father, before he sat down into his seat, and walked the rest of the way to her fiancé. Aurora overheard Sirius telling her that she looked beautiful, and Lois returning the compliment.

The rest of the ceremony passed in a blur, exchanging vows (which Aurora will not admit brought tears to her eyes), then rings, and finally a kiss. When they parted from the other, their smiles were filled with pure happiness, and Aurora had never felt happier for her twin.

The rest of the day passed in a blur, speeches, eating, dancing - which Aurora didn't really participate in and sooner than she realised, Lois and Sirius were preparing to leave, Lois grinning widely as she came over to her sister.

"Thank you for coming," She said, engulfing her in a hug.

"Wouldn't have missed it for the world," Aurora smiled.

"Bye Rory," She grinned. "I'll see you in a week,"

And just like that, her newly wed sister and her husband, were gone.

Aurora left everyone else as they said their goodbyes, to head out into the garden and start cleaning up.

"Hello," A voice came from beside her as she was starting to de-transfigure tables and chairs.

"Hi," She turned to look at Remus. He had taken off his blazer at some point during the evening, along with his tie, rolling his shirt sleeves up to his elbow and unbuttoning some of the top buttons. His hair had become messy again due to the amount of times he had run a hand through it.

"Feels like I didn't see much of you today," He told her.

Aurora raised an eyebrow questioningly, "You wanted to see me?" She teased.

"Don't flatter yourself,"

"No, no. It's fine. Just the Remus Lupin 'feels like he didn't see much of me'," Aurora snorted.

"Shut up," He mumbled, picking up a discarded tissue and throwing it at her, then helping her clean up.

That's how Aurora spent most of the evening. Sneaking looks at Remus, who looked unfairly attractive, and cleaning. At least, until James came up to her.

"Hey, Rory!" He called.

"Don't call me that," She grumbled.

James pouted at her. "So you will let my son, but not me?"

"Yes. Your son is cute," Aurora heard Remus chuckle under his breath.

"Well I'm still going to call you Rory," He grinned. "And anyway, that's not what I came out here for,"

"Well then, what is?"

"So I saw Benjy earlier. And I had no idea by the way that you two lived together," 

"That's because you know nothing," Remus told him.

"I'm ignoring that Moony," James playfully glared at his friend. "And he told me that he moved out a few days ago. And it got me thinking...,"

Aurora started to have a feeling that she knew what he was going to ask her, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to answer it.

"You should move in with us!" James grinned again, seemingly proud of his idea.

Aurora stared at him. "Why?"

"Because," He sing-songed, "Everyone else does. And it gives you a reason to stop knocking on our door,"

Aurora thought about it for a minute. She wasn't necessarily jumping at the idea, but she didn't enjoy living alone. And it would help with her not having to pay rent, so... "Alright," She told him. "I'll move in,"

AN:

sorry for not updating :( I had literally no idea what to even write, so this is definitely not great. at all.

thank you so much for all the lovely comments and votes :)))) have a good day!

this was not reread by the way. and here's Lois' dress, because my description was trash :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

671K 15.5K 90
"How come she married him? She hated him!" "Nah, she didn't." ~ ~ ~ #6 in evans - October 2020 #1 in lilypotter - November 2020 #3 in prongs - Decemb...
2M 63K 85
𝙄𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 Y/n Potter and Regulus Black form an unlikely relationship. ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ Y/n Potter and Regulus Black hate each other. It's a know...
47.3K 2.9K 55
Sirius stared at Lily. "I suppose this means everything is going to change, doesn't it?" Lily smiled. "Yes," she said. "I suppose it does." ...
138K 5.6K 74
"You kissed Sirius," I sob. "I know, Cordelia." He whispers. "It's so horrible." "Yes, it is. I wish you hadn't had to see that," I rest my head agai...