Useless | Draco Malfoy

By -etherealst

In a world where witches and wizards can only see colour once they know who their soulmate is, both Eden Abel... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Memory 1
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Memory 2
Memory 3
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Memory 4
Memory 5
Memory 6
Memory 7
Memory 8
Memory 9
Memory 10
Memory 11
Memory 12
Memory 13
Memory 14
Memory 15
Memory 16
Memory 17
Memory 18
Memory 19
Memory 20
Memory 21
Memory 22
Memory 23
Memory 24
Memory 25
Memory 26
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61

Chapter 13

770 22 8
By -etherealst

It was silent as Pansy stood from the bed.  Somehow, the thought of her leaving made Eden shift uncomfortably, enough to catch her attention and make her stop mid walk to the door.

"Would you like to come with me?  You could see my daughter?"

The offer ran circles around her head for a few seconds before she nodded her head and accepted the invite.

"Malfoy told me I-"

"I don't care what Malfoy told you, the most you could do is swat a fly.  Come on."

The two girls walked out of the room, one in front leading and one following behind.

It was obvious who was who.

It had been a few days since she left the room and walked down this long hallway.

What she noticed was that for all the times she walked up and down it she never realized how nice it was.

As much as she hated the guy, Eden had to give him some kind of credit for making his home look so beautiful.

On their walk down the stairs Eden was curious, more confused, but curious. Pansy had been so trusting of her; So confident that she was going to do no harm to her or her child.

Who had ever trusted their child with a prisoner? It was not adding up to her, but she was somewhat grateful that someone had trust in her.

Of course, Eden would never do anything to hurt someone without reason, especially a baby.

The house was so dark for it being Christmas Eve. It felt too cold to be celebrated.

When they made it into the living room of the house Eden saw the baby on the floor. She was not alone though. Beside her, Malfoy sat holding a toy of her's that she handed to him right before they walked in.

His eyes directed to the door and he immediately dropped everything he was holding and got to his feet. "What is she doing out? Pansy, I told you to keep her inside of her room, not to let her out... At least until the sun went down or someth-"

Speaking like Eden was not even there, standing in front of him with her hands awkwardly being held in front of her.

"Please Draco it's Christmas for gods sake. Excuse my language. Where do you think she's going to go in the span of what maybe 3 hours? She'll be under my care, my supervision. I won't let anything happen to her and she won't escape. Plus she wanted to see Eden."

The name was still catching her off guard, thinking that it was her own name being called.

Growing up there were not many Eden's around and she had never once met anyone named Eden. Aside from her there were no Eden's at Hogwarts. The only one that she could find had graduated many, many, MANY years before her in the tenth century when the school was in it's first years of opening.

It might have just been because the name was not popular where she lived, but that was no longer relevant now was it?

"You're willing to let her sit there... With your baby?"

"Well, she is not an animal is she? Eden, are you going to be biting my child's head off? You can be honest" Pansy's lips formed into a smirk as she looked at her for an answer.

Malfoy's eyes flashed toward her and he shook his head.

It was a shame.

He had no sense of humour.

Must live a very boring life if that is the case.

"Do not answer that..." His attention went back to Pansy. "If she does anything let me know. I'll be going now."

"To where are you going?"

"The stables. I need to check something."

With that Malfoy left the room.

"I told you it would be fine. Now come on. She loves to meet now people. I'm sure she's going to be a social butterfly when she grows up. Just like the girl she is named after."

The last part was more of a whisper to herself so Eden was not able to make it out when she mumbled.

After a few hours spent with Pansy, she was brought back to her room as per the request of Draco himself and by the looks of the ballroom, Eden could piece two and two together.

A party was being held here and Malfoy wanted her concealed and hidden before anyone who was not Pansy Parkinson saw her.

Judging by how Pansy did not know of Eden being captured, she also figured that it was not known to the public yet...

She usually had an explanation for everything, but that was something she could not figure out.

Why had they kept her capture a secret?

She never asked that question.

She felt it unnecessary because Tissy, while being caught up with the news, never spilled in fear of getting herself in trouble for oversharing and Malfoy... Yeah that was never an option.

The darker it got, the more people began to show up, exiting their lovely cars in their lovely dresses. Eden missed corsets. She always complained about how painful and tight they were to the point that she could not breath, but the elegance of them was so breathtaking.

To pass time, Eden counted the number of time she saw a woman wearing a green dress, then a red, then a black or white or even champagne. Then she imagined what they would look like if she had found her soulmate.

The colours she saw now were faded, still beautiful but faded. She was at least grateful that she could see colour at all.

All of the girls and ladies who arrived to the mansion... They were all so lovely, but the more she stared the more hurt she became.

How was it fair that she was to be locked in this room all alone while all of these young girls around her age get to enjoy themselves and attend parties.

Their hair was done so nicely, they held flowers and had pearls and diamonds on all around their bodies.

Eden could only dream of that time in her life. So elegant, she used to always been invited to beautiful balls and parties by...

Hold on.

Whom had invited her to those events? How could she have forgotten?

Her attention was pulled away when a woman suddenly stepped out of her car.

Dressed from head to toe in cream, her hair was pulled back into a braided crown with all of her hair gathered into it rather than what Eden did, leaving her hair down.

Although she could not see clearly she had a mixture of cream pearls and diamond earrings. Her shoes were sparkling and so was her wrist. Wrapped around it was a diamond bracelet to match her earrings. Her hair had a black flower pin to hold it back and in place for her.

For a moment Eden's heart stopped while staring at her.

Oh how gorgeous she was. The lady probably had no idea of her angelic beauty.

All of a sudden the woman's eyes locked on the window and Eden, upon realizing, swiftly turned her back to the window and ducked.

How embarrassing.

She seemed like a little girl being so impolite and staring, but how could she not, having someone she envied walk across the path toward the mansion so freely and elegantly.

Eden took in a breath, exhaling right after and shut her eyes tightly before she stood, stepping away from the window completely.

After such an encounter like the one she just had, she did not want to be embarrassed by anyone else for the rest of the night.

The girl wished she had a dress...

She wished she had a dress that she liked.

Something that she could wear instead of the 5 pairs of tops and jeans she had, all the same.

Her eyes darted to the dresser.

There was...

She had been so stupid!

It had been there all along.

The white dress. The one she looked over once and deemed as something she would never wear.

She had a dress! And even if she could not celebrate with the rest of the people downstairs, she could hold her own party up in her room.

The music from the ballroom was loud enough to be heard in her room and even if it was faint... It was still music. It wasn't like there was going to be anyone in here that would be making much noise either.

The dress fell to her feet as she held it up against her body with a smile on her face. It was perfect length for her and she assumed it would be the perfect size if it was in the dresser to begin with. It did not just end up there on accident did it now?

As she slipped the dress on, Eden began to notice little details of it.

Just like the jacket there were flowers, almost exactly the same. It was made out of wonderfully comfortable fabric and the two silk ribbons that crisscrossed at the front of her along her torso needed to be fed through the holes of the dress.

The dress itself was not puffy and overwhelming like everyone else's, but it was still a beautiful dress nonetheless.

The fabric just fell loosely to her feet and the little t-shirt sleeves had gone off of the shoulders. Once she got the ribbons tied and through the holes running from her waist to the point where you could just see her cleavage, she walked in front of the mirror.

This was the first time in weeks that she had even remotely smiled at herself; Her appearance.

The mere look of her body and clothing in the mirror was no longer disgusting her. The dress hit all of her curves perfectly, not making her look like a walking plank of wood all of the time.

It was truly stunning.

Now the question was... Was she even supposed to be wearing it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35K 539 10
Draco Malfoy is a pureblood Veela. He has mate. Harry Potter is a half-blood Veela. He too has a mate. What would happen if the mate of the two boys...
49.3K 1.6K 30
" It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." ― Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Almost three years a...
592K 6.9K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...
259K 4.2K 24
Hermione Granger has a twin sister. What happens when Melanie Granger finally gets her soulmarks ------- Sorry, still fricken suck at this part. ...