The Good in The Bad

Clarke's POV
Costia's dorm room was exactly how I would have expected it to look. It was messy with clothes everywhere and things all over the floor. Surprisingly, the only thing that looked neat was her bed, which was made perfectly, the sheets and blankets all tucked and folded so not one single wrinkle or crease was visible.

"The bed is throwing you off, isn't it?" Costia asked, as she stayed still, leaning on the doorframe of her dorm room door. Ever since I kissed her this morning, she's been giving off this new strong and flirty energy. I'm not even disgusted like I thought I would be. She's really not the worst kisser in the world.

"Yeah." I admitted, turning back around to face her.

"Well I like to surprise people, surprises are fun."

"Not all of them. I don't think Lexa found us kissing this morning a very fun surprise."

"Maybe not Lexa." Costia smirked. "But I did."

I studied Costia carefully and noticed she seemed sincere in her words. It was strange to think she enjoyed kissing me that much and even stranger she would admit that to my face. I guess her flirty attitude might not be 100% just an act. We are alone in her dorm room, there is no one watching us and no need to act like we are together. Still though, she hadn't stopped with the compliments and jokes.

"I uh- I'm not...it wasn't bad." I admitted. The truth is, I was so angry with Lexa, it came out when I kissed Costia in the form of pure heat and passion. It was truthfully a hot kiss, and to say anything less would be lying.

The smile on Costia's face immediately after I spoke told me everything I needed to know. She has at least some feelings for me, and she is not at all afraid to show it.

"Are you ready for the meeting?"

"I still don't understand why I'm invited to that. Aren't you scared I'm a double agent or something? Why discuss your plans and secrets in front of me when I am more then content with just going back to my room?"

I watched as Costia smirked and gave me a look I had never seen from her before. It wasn't quite a look of trust, but it was certainly something similar.

"I'm not sure Clarke. I've never really been sure about anything relating to you to be honest." Costia admitted, finally walking into her room and taking a seat on her bed.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course." Costia nodded, with absolutely no hesitation.

"Lexa. Why did you ask her to kiss you and so all of that other stuff? I hope you don't mind me saying this, but your conditions for peace were pretty strange."

Costia was quiet for a few seconds and then finally spoke up. "When I first got here, Lexa was one of the very first people I met. When I first saw her...well she was gorgeous. I was absolutely infatuated with her intelligence and her beauty, obsessed even. She never once noticed me though. If I'm being honest Clarke, it hurt a lot. I remember when I talked to her for the first time. I asked her questions, tried to get to know her, tried to make a friend. The only thing I got in return were absent minded responses and fake smiles I knew she was giving me just to seem friendly."

"So you did what you did as revenge? So she would finally see you?"

I watched as Costia shook her head no. Then it all made sense. That was never her goal. Costia might not be as bad as I thought she was.

"I didn't want revenge Clarke. All I wanted was for Lexa to finally see me. I worked with Ontari and took over Azgeda. I made connections with Cage and Carl and suddenly Azgeda and the mountain men became this huge threat. I finally had power...I finally thought Lexa would see me."