Murder

Thank you to everyone reading this \(^o^)/
Clarke's POV:

"Stay away! Get off me!"

I quickly jolted awake, searching the unfamiliar room for the yelling that had woken me up.

"No get off of me!" I looked over to see Lexa, kicking and turning in her bed, while she was having what seemed to be the worst nightmare I have ever seen.

"Please stay away..." Lexa pleaded through her sleep, and I could see a mixture of both sweat and tears, trickle down her face.

I quickly got out of bed and tried to wake Lexa.

"Lexa it's ok please wake up."

No response. "Lexa wake up." I demanded in a much louder voice, but still nothing.

I moved towards her to try and tap on her to wake up but there's was no response. Finally I had no choice and grabbed Lexa's shoulders, physically shaking her awake.

Lexa jolted up scared, still trying to fill her lungs with air after what seemed to be a horrible experience, leaving her breathless.

"It's ok, your safe Lexa." I told the girl, as I crouched by her bed trying to get her to make eye contact.

"I'm sorry Clarke. I get nightmares quite often."

Lexa then stood up from her bed and went to grab some clothing from her dresser.

"I'm going to go cleanup." Lexa announced, wiping away some of the sweat and tears, still covering her face. With that, she unlocked the dorm room and left to go freshen up.

I figured, now that I'm up I might as well freshen up too, so I grabbed some clothes and checked the time on our clock hanging in the back wall of the dorm room. 6:30 AM. I knew breakfast started at 8 so I had a lot of time to kill. I changed quickly and finished my morning routine, heading back to my room. When I opened the door again, Lexa was sitting on her bed, writing stuff down in what appeared to be some sort of journal.

I cleared my throat so she could hear my presence, but didn't say anything not wanting to bother her.

"Hey Clarke." I looked up at Lexa and she had a nervous expression on her face.

"What was I saying?"

"I'm sorry what?"

"In my dream Clarke. What was I saying?"

"Oh I don't really know Lexa. Something like: stay away and get off me, stuff like that."

Lexa nodded briefly, before looking back down at her journal and scribbling some more things down.

"Are you ok." I asked.

"I will be fine Clarke. Thank you for your concern."

With that Lexa stood up and placed her journal in a drawer and walked towards the door or our dorm room.

"You coming Clarke? Breakfast starts soon."

"Yeah I'm coming." I followed Lexa out the door and we walked towards the dinning hall in the school building. As we walked Lexa stopped walking and turned to face me.

"Murder."

"What?" I turned to face Lexa confused about the sudden mention of murder.

"Yesterday you asked me why I'm in prison... murder."

I took a large gulp suddenly feeling weak in the legs.

"Clarke? Are you ok?"

I felt my legs snap under me, and Lexa grabbed me as I fell to the ground.

"Clarke? Clarke? Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm sorry." Lexa had lowered me to the ground, and we were sitting on the ground next to each other.

"Lexa you killed someone?"

"Of course not. Unfortunately the key witness in my case didn't receive the best witness protection. Turns out people can be easily swayed when they have a gun pointed at their head."

Lexa sat on the ground next to me smiling as if this was all just hysterical to her. Either she was innocent with a terrible sense of humor or she was a psycho.

"And you aren't on death row?" I asked almost not wanting to hear the answer.

"No. The sentencing happened when I was a minor so I got life sentence. I knew I had good behavior, but I never thought I'd be sent to a place like 2CA. I guess life has a strange way of working out."

I stared at Lexa with shock evident on my face. "How are you not mad at the world, or depressed, or violent or something?"

"I do pretend like I am violent but that's just so I can protect myself and my friends. I mean I am the commander of the coalition but I haven't done anything violent and illegal if that's what your wondering."

"I'm so sorry Lexa." Was all I could get myself to say. I had been sentenced to 7 years of prison for something I had done, and was proud of, but Lexa was sentenced to life in prison for something she didn't even do. It's heartbreaking. I thought to myself.

"Ready to got to breakfast?" Lexa asked standing up and reaching her hand down for me to grab.

"Yeah." I grabbed her hand and she pulled me up, and we continued on our way to the dinning hall.

When we walked in we parted ways as Lexa walked over to some people I recognized from the meeting last night, and I walked over to the table with a bunch of my friends.

"Hey Clarke. I saw you walk in with Lexa Woods." Bellamy said as he picked up the lid to the tray of food in front of us.

"Yeah turns out she's my roomate."

There was a short silence where everyone at the table stopped what they were doing and looked up at me.

"Are you kidding Clarke?" Murphy asked, a look of disbelief spread across his face. "You know she's here because she murdered someone right?"

"No don't worry guys she didn't actually murder anyone, she explained everything and she's totally innocent."

Octavia smiled and shook her head, almost laughing at me. "Wow Clarke I knew you were gullible but this is crazy. Every single person in this facility is supposedly 'innocent' Clarke." Octavia said, making quotation signs with her fingers as she said the word innocent.

"Clarke you need to stay away from Lexa." Bellamy said trying to look me straight in the eyes. "She's the leader of the coalition...the most dangerous person here, and despite what she may have told you she is a murderer. You can't go anywhere near her."

"I'm done talking about this." I announced standing from the table, and walking to another close by. I wasn't just going to sit there and let them all talk about stuff they don't know about. They don't really know Lexa and they don't really know me either if they think I'm just going to take orders from them.

"Excuse me." A voice sounded from across the new table I was at.

I looked up to see a girl who I recognized from Ark prison.

"Echo right?"

"Yeah, and you are Clarke Griffin right."

"Yeah."

"Well Clarke this is Ontari and Harper they both came from different prisons then us.

"Hi guys nice to meet you" I said reaching an arm across the table to shake their hands.

They are hesitant at first but then shake my hand. The rest of the meal finishes up, and I leave the dinning hall quickly, to avoid confrontation with my so called friends.