2nd

"Hello everyone, I have called you all here tonight for an important announcement. I have chosen my 2nd in command. Please say hello to my new 2nd, Clarke Griffin."

I stand up from the table I was sitting at and walk over to where Lexa is standing. I'm surprised when everyone starts clapping and cheering my name. I don't know half these people but they all seem so incredibly friendly. I was about to say something to everyone, when there was a loud noise from across the campus and a giant group of guys started walking towards us.

"The mountain men." Lexa whispered, watching the group approach.

Finally the group came to a stop, right next to the 13 clans, and 2 men stepped forward. "Hello Lexa, long time no see." One of them smiled, walking closer to us. Before I could do or say anything, I watched as Lexa stepped in front of me protectively, putting some distance between me and the two giant men.

"So it's true." The other man smiled. "You've chosen a 2nd."

"Cage, Carl, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave." Lexa said, in a surprisingly calm yet equally frightening tone.

"Lexa why are you so mean? Can me and the boys not simply walk outside and enjoy the courtyard at night?"

"Carl we both know that's not why you're here. I'm going to ask you one more time before I won't be asking anymore." Lexa threatened him, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Is that so?"

"Yes Carl."

"What if I want to talk to Clarke over there first?" The guy Carl asked, giving me an evil smirk.

"Then I'd have to ask you to reconsider." Lexa spoke, this time in a low and extremely protective voice.

Both Carl and Cage tried to take a step forward but before they couldn't get close to us. Lexa put her hands up and made a motioning signal with her fingers, and within seconds, all 13 clans had moved to form a wall of humans in between Lexa and I, and the mountain men. I wasn't sure what to say but I was honestly shocked. These people were already protecting me. They protect Lexa no questions asked. This is incredible, and their loyalty towards the gang is clear.

"Lexa you have your walls up right now, but I'll find you when you're weak." Cage smiled. "Oh...and Lexa, tell Indra her burns look terrible." Cage finished, laughing and walking away with Carl and the rest of the mountain men.

I turned to look at Lexa, and I could see her fuming. I don't blame her though. After Lexa told me it was the mountain men who set the fire, I knew Lexa would want justice. I myself want justice.

When the mountain men were far enough away, Lexa turned to me and I watched as her eyes softened. "Are you ok Clarke?" She asked, and I could see she was genuinely concerned.

"I am Lexa. Thank you."

Lexa gave me a small smile then turned to the gang that was still making a wall around us.

"Thank you all. You may all be seated." Lexa announced, and within seconds everyone was seated back down again.

Lexa dismissed the meeting and everyone went back to their dorms for the evening. I walked next to Lexa, the whole way back to our building, but we didn't talk the whole way. It wasn't uncomfortable though, it was actually a very relaxing silence, and when we got to the front door of the building I let out a content sigh.

"Hey Lexa, I just wanted to thank you for everything. It means a lot that you chose me as your 2nd, and I look forward to taking down the mountain men with you."

I watched as a massive smile spread across Lexa's face. "I don't think I could have picked anyone else."

"Well I'm glad you feel that way. You know I'm actually really going to miss being your roomate." I said, feeling kind of embarrassed, knowing Lexa probably didn't feel the same way.

"I will too." Lexa said, and I could tell she really meant it. "Maybe we can start a fire or something and hope they switch us back." Lexa joked, and I let out a little laugh.

"I am forbidding you from running into burning buildings Lexa. You can not do that again!" I teased her, playfully pushing her in the shoulder.

"Hmm, maybe I'll be a firefighter when I get out of here." Lexa teased me, making a face like she was actually considering that.

"I will kill you if you do that Lexa!"

"You won't be able to kill me Clarke, I'll already be dead from the fire."

"That's it Lexa, you're dead!" I yelled, leaping onto her and tackling her to the ground where I started to tickle her mercilessly.

"No! Please! Clarke! Ok fine! You asked for this!" Lexa warned me, before flipping us over so she was on top of me. She was straddling me and started tickling me as I squirmed under her to get free but then she all of a sudden stopped. Our eyes met and I suddenly felt my heart beating super strong in my chest.

The way Lexa was looking at me made me feel so good. There was a twinkle in her eyes that I never seemed to notice before and wow was it gorgeous.

"Excuse me, Ms. Woods? Could you please get off of Ms. Griffin and both return to your dorm rooms?" A 2CA staff member asked, walking up to us.

Lexa quickly got off me and reached her hand down which I grabbed so she could pull me up.

"Goodnight Clarke." Lexa whispered, and she turned around and walked into the dorm building.

I looked up at the stary night sky above me, and smiled into the nature around me, before looking back down and walking inside too.

An: this was kinda short

Question: would you die in a zombie apocalypse? If so how?