Alliance

An: a quick disclaimer- Things are probably going to seem much more confusing before it all makes sense and this story will start to become more science fiction and less high school drama cause it was getting boring

Lexa's pov
As Costia and I walked out of Jaha's office, we felt this incredible sense of urgency. We agreed to go back to my dorm to meet with Indra and Anya and update them on our mission. As the lead operatives on this assignment, we will be directly responsible if we can't get the information we need from Clarke. Millions of dollars were spent creating 2CA specifically for Clarke Griffin, and I cannot let the time, money, and effort spent on this project go to waste. It kills me to lie to Clarke but if she really is who we think she is, I'll be doing her a favor.

"You're love her don't you?" Costia asked me, as we cut across the courtyard, making our way back to the dorm building.

"No don't be ridiculous."

"Oh come on Lexa. I see the way you look at her."

I stopped walking and Costia did as well, waiting for me to start talking.

"Costia my private feelings for Clarke are none of your business."

"But aren't they Lexa? If you didn't have such strong feelings for her we could have already finished phase 4 by now. She would have been your second and the big fight could have begun. But you cared too much didn't you? You thought that if we are wrong about Clarke and she gets hurt in the fight she could get seriously injured or worse. You pushed her away didn't you Lexa? That's why Clarke came looking for me and that's why she kissed me too."

Costia was right and there was no point in trying to lie. That's exactly what had happened. Clarke Griffin is a scientific mystery and maybe the most important person on earth right now. The government is convinced she has these strange powers, and if they are right, she could be responsible for the biggest advancement in human evolution in thousands of years.

But then there's the chance HQ is wrong. There's a chance it's all just some big misunderstanding and Clarke is just a normal person. If phase 4 was actually initiated and the massive fight broke out between the coalition and the mountain men and Azgeda she could have gotten hurt or even died. Besides the staff here at 2CA there are only 4 people who actually know the real reason this place exists which means every other person here is a real juvenile delinquent. The plan for phase 4 requires Clarke to be in danger and I can't risk that if we are wrong about her and she gets attacked for real. I can't lose her.

"I'm sorry Costia. You were right, I couldn't go through with phase 4 and you allowing Clarke to actually fall for you might have saved our mission. I don't like that you lied to her but it needed to be done. And no I'm not in love with her but I do care for her and I can't see her get hurt or killed."

"She's a strong girl you know...you don't need to protect her. She has these incredible powers I mean that's the whole reason we are here in the first place and if we can just get her to use them-"

"But that's just it." I said, interrupting Costia. "This entire thing is because we think Clarke is special. What if she doesn't even know of her abilities or even worse, what if she just doesn't have any. There has to be another way to find out without putting her life on the line."

"Lexa don't you understand? We tried that already. The fire in phase 1, the whole bathroom performance between us in phase 2 and even the fight upstairs during the storm in phase 3. But you already knew that none of those would work. You knew we would have to go into phase 4 and you pushed her away just in time. Our fake relationship was supposed to help you win Clarke over but instead you used to to make her mad at you. All I'm asking is for you to have faith. Trust her Lexa, trust that she is special.

I felt my face grown warm and my heart rate pick up too. "Costia I don't want her to be who we think she is."

"Why?"

"Think about it. What's going to happen if we find out she actually does have powers? HQ is going to take her back home and lock her up in some lab where they study her like some kind of lab rat. She doesn't fucking deserve that."

"I know Lexa. I know it's sucks and I agree she doesn't deserve that but that's not our call to make. We are here to do our jobs and I need you to help me with that. I know we don't get along but we need to finish this mission before they take Clarke and give up on this whole experiment and resort to much worse methods of finding out what they need to know. This is the best way to her Lexa. You can still help."

I paused to consider what Costia had said. Maybe she was right. Maybe this was the best way.

"Ok." I finally agreed. "But we aren't going to use the plan for stage 4. If we are going to do this, we do it our way and in the shadows. No 2CA staff can be watching us. If we figure it all out first we have the upper hand. Please Costia, let's do this the right way."

I watched as Costia pressed her fingers to her temple, clearly thinking carefully about my request.

"Ok." She eventually nodded. "We do this our way. We are going to need Anya and Indra to help us though."

"They will never believe we are working on this together." I laughed to myself, knowing that was true.

"Well they don't really have a choice here, we are the lead agents for some reason. I just seriously wonder who's idea was that again? It's not exactly a secret I don't like you....no offense."

"None taken." I chuckled. "I don't like you either."

I heard Costia laugh a little and felt relieved we were starting to allow ourselves to work together. We had finally made it to the girls dorm building and we walked to my dorm room where we expected Indra and Anya to be waiting so we could debrief them.

Unfortunately when we opened the door, Indra and Anya were not waiting for us. Instead in the center of my room stood a very angry looking Clarke who was fuming when I opened the door.

"Lexa we have a lot to talk! How the fuck could you have just-" Clarke stopped talking instantly when she saw Costia walk into my room behind me.

"Costia? Wait what are you doing here I-"

"Hey birdie." Costia greeted her, closing the door behind her and then moving to stand by me. "I hope you're not being too hard on Lexa here."

"What? I don't understand, you two hate each other, Lexa literally beat you up."

"Don't worry about it Birdie, Lexa and I are buddies now." Costia smiled, wrapping an arm around my shoulder playfully.

I watched as Clarke's eyes widened and she stared at us clearly shocked.

"I...I don't understand."

"I'm sorry Clarke but I have to talk with grumpy pants in private for a bit." Costia explained, gesturing to myself.

"You guys aren't going to attack each other when I leave right?"

"No promises." I mumbled, only to receive a hard knock to the shoulder from Costia who was glaring at me.

"No Clarke, there's nothing to worry about. I'll see you later ok?" Costia assured her.

"Yeah." Clarke nodded toward Costia before shifting her focus and staring directly into my eyes, giving me a questioning look. Of course in that moment I wished I could answer all of her questions and just tell her everything, but I knew I couldn't. If I want to help Clarke, Costia and I need a new plan and she can't know anything just quite yet. For now we have to keep her in the dark.

"I'll see you soon Clarke, I promise." I whispered, as Clarke slowly made her way out of the door.

To this she just nodded and closed the door behind her, leaving Costia and I alone to brain storm. We need a new plan and we need it fast. We have one week to figure this all out or HQ will use much worse methods to get what they need from Clarke. I can't allow that to happen.