Josephine

This is a story-time chapter and I think the longest one so far

The story of Josephine Lightbourne is quite tragic. The girl had known pain like no other, and her life was anything but easy.

Our story starts with Abigail who was happily married to Jake Griffin, but had agreed to carry Russell's child after Russell had offered her 10 million dollars. She had met Russell a few months ago when he made a large donation to the hospital she had worked at, and the two backs good friends so she wanted to do this for him. Russell explained to her that he couldn't have kids on his own, but why someone would pay so much for a woman like Abigail to carry their child was unknown to both Jake and Abigail. Still though, they couldn't possibly turn down the money, so Abigail did in fact accept Russell's offer, agreeing to carry his child.

Jake assured Abby several times that he was ok with the arrangement, and that the money could help a lot of people out if she really did want to do this. Having support from her loving husband was enough for Abby and she agreed to start the process.

Although Jake had told Abby he was fine with Russell's request, he was actually very interested in the reasoning behind it. Why had Russell been so determined for Abby specifically to carry his baby? It just didn't make sense, and it bothered Jake tremendously. He spent a lot of time doing his own investigating. A less attractive Veronica Mars maybe. Whatever you want to call him, Jake uncovered quite a bit for some middle age pharmaceutical company employee.

Jake had found out that Russell Lightbourne was not married and had no family. His employment was categorized as an employee of the government but Jake couldn't find any more detail which made him very suspicious. Russel also had no social media presence and no internet footprint at all which was concerning to Jake to say the least.

Still though, Jake kept his mouth shut, not wanting to make his recently artificially inseminated wife anymore stressed out than she already was without any probable cause. He would eventually tell Abby about his concerns with Russel, but by the time he did, it was far too late.

The first 5 weeks of pregnancy were manageable for Abby. She had taken a maternity leave early, not wanting to expose the baby to any health dangers that she might run into at the Hospital. It was hard for Abby to step away from her job, but she knew it was the right move. Even though she knew that the baby she was carrying would be Russell's and she wouldn't get to keep it, she still had this feeling inside her that she needed to keep it extra safe.

By the 7th week of her pregnancy, Abby was much stronger than anyone had expected her to be. Jake was starting to take time off of work, to come watch over Abby, and even Russell would stop by occasionally and bring Abby anything she needed.

Jake didn't like how close Russell was getting to his wife, but the last thing he wanted to do was cause unnecessary conflict. When Russell had his lawyers write up a contract for Abby and her own lawyers to sign, Jake saw it as a huge red flag, but still he decided to keep quiet. He loved Abby and trusted her with everything in him, so if she wasn't concerned, then he knew he didn't have to worry so much.

Abby ended up signing the contract that Russell had written up after her team made some recommended revisions to the legally binding document. The final contract basically just ensured that the baby would belong to Russel fully and that he would immediately pay Jake and Abby the ten million dollars like previously agreed upon as soon as she started to go through labor. This gave Jake some reassurance and a bit of a break from his constant stressing over Russell acting shady.

When week 13 of the pregnancy arrived, Jake took Abby to her regularly scheduled ultrasound. That's when they found out something that would change their lives forever. That's when they learned that Abby would be carrying twins. She notified Russell of the news and he seemed indifferent to the situation. Abby had assumed he was just inexpressive but she didn't have time to worry about Russell and his emotions.