Story Time

"I'm ready for the full story now." I said, taking a step closer to Lexa who was still sitting on the ground in the lounge room.

Lexa seemed surprised at first but nodded her head, so I sat on the ground next to her waiting for her to begin whenever she was ready.

"A while back ago I made a deal with Costia." Lexa started. "I'd do anything she asked me to do and in return Azgeda would become the 12th clan in the coalition. The deal was clearly pretty hard on my end, but making Azgeda the 12th clan would forbid them from making an alliance with the mountain men, so I knew I'd have to swallow my pride and agree to the arrangement."

"Wait so Costia is in charge of Azgeda?" I asked, still trying to piece all of the new information together.

"Yes." Lexa confirmed, nodding her head. "Ontari helps her but Costia definitely has the power. Too much power actually. I've been doing whatever Costia has asked of me for months now. The first few tasks were predictable and expected. Maybe it was sneaking her and Azgeda some extra food or helping her cut class. Normal things. But then her requests became much less normal. One day she just flat out told me we were dating and she was my girlfriend."

"What?"

"Yeah. It's crazy. I mean she is definitely psycho. She started giving me slips of paper with times on it to go meet up to make out and stuff. When it first started I didn't mind very much. She's kinda hot and there wasn't anything else to do so I'd just go do it. But then it got more intimate and dirty. Now she's asking me to shower naked with her and all this other crazy shit. Then I met someone and well...I don't know I just didn't want to do it anymore."

Lexa paused and gave me look I couldn't quite read. "I realized I like someone else and I never actually liked Costia. I couldn't tell her that though because Azgeda joining the mountain men would be horrible. I guess it didn't matter. Now she's doing it anyways. At least I'm finally free though."

I stared at Lexa, shocked with everything she had just told me but also a little impressed. She's been protecting everyone at the cost of her own freedom. How could I have expected anything less from her though?

"Lexa I had no idea."

"How could you have known Clarke? I tried to hide it the best I could. No one knows, not even Indra and Anya. They know I have a deal with Costia but they don't need to know the details, none of my people do. I bear it so they don't have to."

"Lexa you don't have to take on the world alone anymore. I'm here for you now. You can tell me things like this. You can tell me anything."

"I thought you hated me." Lexa frowned, looking down at the floor and avoiding eye contact.

"I was just sad you didn't tell me about Costia and I was too stubborn to let you explain yourself. I'm not mad Lexa. Please know that I can never hate you. Ever."

Lexa looked back up into my eyes, and when blue and green met there was a comforting familiarity I missed so much. I felt lost in those ever growing forests. I could feel the same feelings I felt when Lexa and I were out in the mud or when we were in the bathroom alone together. It was my Lexa again. She's back.

"Clarke that person who made me realize I wanted more then just Costia...you should know the truth Clarke. That person is-"

"Hello." A voice echoed through a speaker in the ceiling interrupting Lexa and I's conversation. "This is Jaha and I just want to alert you all the flooding has stopped and it's now safe to go outside again. If you have any medical issues you need attended to immediately, the infirmary is opening back up again but the rest of you may head off to your dorms to get some sleep if you aren't in them already. Classes will be cancelled tomorrow but you are allowed outside again."

When the announcement was over, I looked at Lexa who seemed a little bit spaced out.

"Are you ok Lex?"

Lexa looked up at me surprised and I could see she was blushing a little. I quickly realized my mistake of calling her Lex and tried to take it back knowing she was about to tell me she had feelings for some girl who isn't me. I'm just her friend and no matter how much it hurts I have to accept that.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have called you that."

"No." Lexa interjected quickly. "It's fine. I actually like it."

I was taken aback a little but I nodded my head and gave Lexa a small smile. "Well we better go get your forehead some medical attention." I said, standing up and reaching out my hands for Lexa.

Lexa grabbed my hands and I pulled her up onto her feet but for some reason neither of us let go, and we stood in front of each just holding hands and staring into each other's eyes.

"I uh- we should go." Lexa said, taking a step away from me but not letting go of one of my hands. I looked down at our hands and moved them so our fingers intertwined together.

Lexa looked up at me and smiled and we both walked towards the door hand in hand. I don't care if Lexa likes someone else. We can still be friends. Friends hold hands right? And play in the mud. And friends certainly want to make out with each other and go on dates and stuff. I mean that's all totally normal friend stuff.

Lexa and I walked outside to see it was only drizzling and there was a rainbow vividly displayed in the sky. We both stopped in place and our mouths dropped.

"Wow it's beautiful." Lexa commented still in Awe.

"Yeah, it sure is." I agreed although I wasn't looking at the rainbow anymore.

When we got to the infirmary building we let go of each others hands and walked inside to be greeted by a nurse. We were about to be taken to the back to get Lexa some help but I saw Mr. Kane walk inside.

"Clarke? What are you doing here?" He asked, clearly sounding concerned about me.

"I used the stitching method you taught me." I explained, pointing to Lexa's forehead.

"Wait a second...you did that? No way!"

"It's true. Clarke is really good at this stuff." Lexa added, earning Kane's attention.

"I'm sorry but I don't believe we've had the pleasure of meeting yet." Kane smiled, introducing himself to Lexa.

"I'm Lexa. The pleasure is all mine sir. Are you the amazing teacher I have to thank for this?" Lexa asked, knowing very well that Kane was indeed responsible already.

"Hey a teacher is only as good as their students." Kane shrugged, trying to sound modest.

"Well you must be amazing then because I know Clarke is." Lexa added, making me blush a super pink color.

I tried to look away from the two and was relieved when the nurse came to bring us to the back. We both said goodbye to Kane and followed the nurse to a private room.

"We will have to take out the stitches and re clean the wound before stitching you back up. Your friend can stay if you want."

I looked at Lexa and felt relieved when she nodded her head, signaling she wanted me to stay.

"I'm right here for you Lex." I assured her, grabbing her hands again.

"Thank you Clarke. I...actually never mind. Just... thank you."