Rain

Today was a very rainy day and I wanted to just stay inside snuggled under my blankets. Unfortunately I wasn't able to do that because I had class today. When I walked into my biology class I noticed I was the only student there and Mr. Kane was just sitting at his desk working on something. I took a seat and waited for more people to show but they never did.

"Uh, Mr. Kane, where is everyone?" I asked, looking up at my teacher.

"It would seem it's just you and me today Clarke."

I felt a little bit uneasy knowing I would be alone in class today, not because of Kane, he's actually a very nice guy, but because I don't like it when I'm alone and the primary focus in an awkward situation.

"I won't keep you for too long today Clarke, but I'd love to work on something you are curious about today. Is there anything you want to learn how to do?"

I paused and thought about it for a second. "There is one thing actually. Can you teach me how to give stitches?"

Kane seemed surprised by my request but then reached in his drawer and pulled out a small kit. He stood up from his desk and walked over to me, placing it on my desk then grabbing a banana that he had and sat next to me. He opened the kit and grabbed a blade, making an incision along the skin of the banana. He then grabbed some other tools from the kit and handed them to me. "Today I will teach you how to give stitches to a banana."

I laughed a little and then looked down at the tools. "How do I start?"

After 4 incisions in the banana and an hour or so of struggling I was finally able to get the hang of a simple stitch pattern. Kane said I was a natural and that I should keep the kit Incase I wanted to practice on any other fruit I came across at 2CA. He then dismissed me so I could go back to my dorm so I ran through the rain and into the building. When I walked in I saw Octavia hadn't come back from class yet which left me alone to just rest a little. I changed into some dry clothes and got into bed, wrapping a blanket around me while I listened to the soothing sounds of the rain outside.

I was looking out the window at the rainy outdoors and watching the rain fall but then I saw something flash by my window. I quickly stood up and went to look closer and then I heard a clink sound on the window. It seemed like someone threw a pebble at it or something. I walked closer to the window and squinted my eyes so I could search for whoever was throwing rocks, then I saw Lexa waving to me.

I ran out of my dorm room and outside, despite having just changed into dry clothes because I didn't really care as long as I got to see Lexa.

"Lexa what are you doing? It's pouring outside."

"Let's go play Clarke!" Before I could even respond Lexa took off running and without hesitating I took off after her.

"Where are we going?!"

"You'll see!" Lexa yelled, as she ran forward.

It's times like this I question my decisions in life. I'm not mad or anything, I like chasing after Lexa and I actually love life at 2CA most of the time when there aren't fires or kidnappings but I never thought this would be my life. All because of a NDA between my father and a pharmaceutical company. It's strange how life works out.

"We're here." Lexa said, stopping all of a sudden in front of a muddy field.

"Lex, What are we doing here?"

"Watch and learn Clarke, watch and learn." Before I could say anything Lexa went running forward then dove head first into the mud and slid a good 20 feet on her chest. We were both laughing when she stood up and was covered in mud but even covered in mud she's still looked beautiful which I honestly don't understand. "Your turn Clarke."

I sighed and shook my head but I was still grinning anyways. I know I'm going to regret this later but how can I say no to Lexa. I have to do it. I ran forward and got ready to dive forward but then I slipped in the mud and ended up diving face first into the mud. Lexa ran up to me clearly concerned but I couldn't stop laughing at my clumsiness and the fact that my face was now covered in a thick layer of mud.

"Clarke are you ok?" Lexa asked, wiping the mud off my eyes so I could see.

"I'm ok Lexa. I'm pretty sure mud is good for your skin anyways."

"That's a good point Clarke. In fact-" before I could stop her Lexa had taken a big handful of mud and rubbed it all over her face.

We both started laughing again and I moved to wipe some of it off. She kind of looked like a raccoon which was pretty cute but I still wanted her to be able to see. When she opened her eyes again, blue and green met and I felt my heart skip a beat.

"Clarke! Lexa!" A voice boomed from behind us. We stood up from the mud quickly to see Jaha standing with his arms crossed looking angry.

"What are you two doing?"

"Whatever the hell we want." Lexa answered, smiling mischievously.

Jaha sighed and shook his head smiling a little. "Ok just please head back to your dorm rooms. We have warning of a flood and I don't want anyone getting injured.

"Yes sir." I said before Lexa could get us into anymore trouble, and I quickly grabbed her hand and dragged her back towards the dorm building. Sometime while we were walking Lexa changed the way we were holding hands so our fingers were intertwined together and started swinging our arms up and down. I giggled at her behavior but didn't dare to let go of her hand when I realized how nice it felt.

When we got back to the dorm building Lexa put a hand on my face and wiped off some mud that was on my cheek, and I couldn't help but lean into the contact a little. "Have a nice shower Clarke."

"You too Lexa."

I was about to turn and walk away but then Lexa grabbed my wrist and spun me around. She wrapped me up into a tight hug and buried her head in my neck. When we pulled away Lexa gave me one last smile and then turned and walked away. There is nothing that I understand about Lexa Woods. The only thing I know is that I really like her. Maybe even more then just friends.