Training With The Unknown

Just to let you know, Itadori will not be anywhere in this chapter. You will just be learning more about (Y/n). If you'd like to skip, that's fine, but there may be slight confusion later on.

The sunlight shines softly on my weak eyes, causing me to wake. My hands are no longer in cuffs, which makes me wake up right away in confusion.

"Up an at em, it's the weekend so you're in my hands today" A soft feminine voice speaks.

I adjust to the light masking my room. The woman smiles, showing her straight white teeth with sharp canines clearly.

Her hair's a clean, snow white. It lightly rests at her shoulders and it's pin straight. Her eyes are a bright green, almost into a turquoise colour which mesmerized me. Her eyes were slightly shaded by the glasses she wore. They had a thin frame and the glasses themselves were narrow, I liked them.

"Come, I took your handcuffs the minute you slept last night so don't worry" She says, noticing I've began to keep my eyes on my healed wrists.

I nod, unsure of what her plans may be. The usual "caretakers" never treat me this nicely.

"You don't have to trick me into the daily torture" I deadpan, looking up at her without emotion.

"Not torture. Training" She smiles down at me. "I'm not trying to trick you either, you'll like the fighting style I'm going to show you" She says, looking forward, into the dark empty halls, only lit by dimmed bulbs which are far apart from one another.

I stay silent, not really used to having conversation other than the ones in my head.

I don't sense any bad intentions, she seems genuinely invested towards aiding me. For the first time, I'm doubting my reading on people.

Trust your reading, you are most likely correct

"It's called Baguazhang. It's a type of Chinese martial art. Baguazhang is broadly grouped as an internal practice" She says calmly as we walk slowly, unusual for the superiors in this place. I felt at ease around her.

"Bāguà zhǎng literally means "eight trigram palm," referring to the trigrams of the I Ching, one of the canons of Taoism" She explains, oddly making sense.

"It refers to the way the art is practiced, moving around a circle, turning the palm in various ways" She holds her hand out with all five fingers extended for a moment.

"Baguazhang is based on the theory of the Bāguà. This theory was used by the Chinese to analyze, directions, locations, causes and effect, and all the natural changes of the universe" She looks towards me, making sure I'm listening attentively. I subconsciously nod as she speaks, genuinely invested in the unnamed woman's explanation.

"Since nature's always repeats itself, the Chinese believed that the theory, can be used to predict natural disasters, a country's destiny, or even an individual's fortune" The woman enjoyed explaining, as she emphasized her words and smiled as she spoke.

We enter a large bright room. One big window sits across the door and the room is tall. Many plants surround the room, causing a different feel than a usual room I train in. Hundreds on books fill shelves to the brim, and beautiful pictures of a natural landscape fill one of the large walls.

We step onto the hardwood floor, though I'm gestured to take off my shoes. I take them off, and sit cross legged on the edge of the glossy hardwood flooring.

As the white haired woman had explained earlier, she began to demonstrate the peaceful and circular movements. I watch as an imaginary circle guides her and her feet come in front of one another on wide, but secured strides. Her arms extended, one more than the other, she keeps her hands open, unlike my usual training, where I always have fists prepared.

"You are always moving, Bāguà uses movement as its foundation. It uses transformation as its principle. The movements are always changing" She slowly begins moving into the circle again after speaking.

"Spinning and turning, while rapidly moving in curvilinear patterns" She stops in her place and looks me in my eyes.

"Think of it this way, subject Zero. Walk like a dragon, retrieve and spin like an ape, change momentum like an eagle, fierce like a tiger" She speaks almost with some sort of.. passion.

"Now, your attacks, will also be rounding movements. You will need to think before acting, predicting the opponents movements at the same time. You, will need to focus on being unpredictable as well" She says, with her arms crossed and standing casually.

"Get up young one, I will use Baguazhang, and you use which ever technique you'd like" She gestures me to get up with both hands.

She prepares herself, the same as before. I prepare in a boxing stance, light on my feet and fists tightly held.

I immediately begin attacking, but it's awfully hard to even touch her. She dodged with ease, as if I'm a current, and she's a leaf, easily going with the flow.

"See? How much it will aid you, especially when facing a harsh opponent. Someone as stubborn as Igor" She refers to one of my trainers, a lean and tall man who can be very stubborn and harsh.

I giggle, the way she had spoken about him was as if she despised him, but was also disgusted by the thought of him. I cannot remember the last time I smiled.

The woman's smile turned even wider, she seemed to enjoy teaching me.

"I want to learn" I say.

"And you will, but before you start using and practicing this technique we will have to do a number of other practices that will build up to this. That's how I learned from my Sifu, Sifu Wang" She smirks.

"Sifu?" I tilt my head, unsure of what that word might mean.

"Yes, it means Master. He was a master at the martial art.. A very kind, cheerful man" She softly smiles, looking as if she was zoned out, probably remembering something.

"So, should I call you Sifu?" I ask her, in a lighter, questionable tone.

"You can call me Master... Master Gojo"

"Well, what do you call the student?" I say.

"That's not necessary, I'll just call you..." She places a finger on her lips, pondering on a name to call me.

"You can't call me subject Zero? Like everyone else?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"No.. It's too... It's like you're a machine, not a human being. I'll call you (Y/n)" She smiles down at me, content on the name she's given me.

"I like that name" I barely smile, but it's the most I can manage due to my muscles not used to me smiling.

"Good" She smiles even more, like almost an emotional one. She seems to hold back tears.

She turns back to me and takes a deep exhale. We then begin drills.