Taking Responsibility

The group looks up, we find the building is much larger from the interior. "What is this?" Kugisaki says, I sense her fear.

"Wh- What's going on in here?" Itadori questions. "This is a two-story dorm, isn't it?" Itadori says as he looks upwards.

"C- c- calm down! It's a maisonette" Kugisaki tries to calm herself down too, but she said the word calm as she is the opposite.

"Where's the door!" Fushiguro says as he looks behind us all, where we entered from.

It's like a dream, the entrance is no longer there.

"Th- The door's gone!" Itadori says.

"How?! We just came in through there, didn't we?!" Kugisaki whines as she points to the large pipes that used to be the entrance.

"What do we do? Ah, what do we do about this?~" The panicking teenagers sing and walk in circles.

"It'll be fine.. You know why?.. Because I am here!" Queue All Might theme song. Just kidding.. didn't say that.

"It'll be fine. The dog remembers the scent of the entrance" Fushiguro says.

"Oh, my!" The two look at the dog as they hold their own hands to their chests. "Good boy! Have some jerky!" The two continue with their nonsense as they worship the wolf.

"You are way too calm!" Fushiguro says annoyed. I stay emotionless as I watch them.

"You really are dependable, Fushiguro" Itadori says with a cute bright smile. "Thanks to you, we'll be able to rescue people and save ourselves, too" Itadori adds.

"Let's keep moving" Fushiguro says

"Agreed, stay on the task guys" I say in a monotone.

We start walking once again. Me and Fushiguro walk in the front as Itadori and Kugisaki follow from behind. I feel some weird energy focused on my rear. I'm not too sure, but it just feels like someone is staring.

I hear a smack and I look back with Fushiguro to see what happened as we continue to walk. "You are so immature" Kugisaki says.

"Says the one who was just dancing around with the same guy earlier" Fushiguro says under his breath which I only heard. I chuckle at his comment before turning my head back to the students behind us.

"What happened?" I ask.

"N- nothing!" Itadori says.

I shrug and look back in front of me as we enter a large room again. The first thing I see is a man laid against a wall with only half his body intact.

I run up to it as Itadori does and he stares at the corpse. "Atrocious" Kugisaki whispers in disgust.

"That's... Three people, right?" Fushiguro says.

Since no vital organs seem to be hit, I check for the person's pulse. "Yes"

I reach for the neck and realize only by the scent of his body he is dead. I cover my nose and just check the pulse anyways. "Dead" I say then pull on the shoulder of his shirt to witness his name. It's the name of the man the woman was looking for.

Itadori crouches down beside me as I let go of the inmate's shirt. I'm silent, this woman lost her son.. I fall back, landing on my ass. I sniffle once before getting up without struggle and stretch out. I hum but keep my face a stoic expression.

"Let's take this body back" Itadori says.

"Huh?" Kugisaki didn't want to at all.

"It's the woman's son" I say as I stuff my hands in my pockets and look at the corpse.