Revelations and Confessions

"Your mom's really sweet Yoshino" I watch as the dark haired boy brings a blanket over his now asleep mother. She lays her head on the table, sound asleep.

"Yeah, she's really nice" Itadori adds.

"Yeah" Yoshino smiles down to his mother. He looks back up at us "What's your guys' mothers like?" He asks, still smiling.

The both of us pause, looking to each other for a moment before deciding to speak. "Uh, I've never met her. Though I have a few faint memories of my father... But my grandpa was there for me" I felt bad, looking at the boy as he spoke innocently. It didn't bother him, one person was enough.. but now he's gone too. Yoshino seemed to feel bad, he looked at him as his own smile began to fade.

"Oh, sorry. Got a call" Itadori smiles to me then walks a few steps away from us. It was odd how most people that found something so sad, made him positive. He probably had to live with having to be optimistic.. I want to be like that.

I watch as he walks, then bringing back my attention to Yoshino with a smile.

"How was yours like? I- If you had one" Yoshino begins walking towards the couch.

"Well, I didn't, actually. There was no one... well there was one woman. She wasn't in my life for a long while, and I barely remember her. But that's the only parental figure I really had" I sit down beside the sympathetic boy. He seemed very concerned, it proved more to me how much of an amazing guy he is.

"Don't worry, it doesn't bother me" I clear my throat and avoid looking at his expression. I lie, holding my breath slightly as I avoid feeling worse.

"You guys are Jujutsu Sorcerers right?" He starts a new conversation, asking both myself and Itadori who's now finished his call. I appreciate the change of subject, I was getting uncomfortable.

"Yeah" Was Itadori's automatic response. He immediately looks at me, almost asking if he should have really answered that.

I make a small wave, only for him to see, letting him know it's okay.

"Have you... ever killed someone?" Yoshino doesn't look at us as he asks us.

"No" Both me and Itadori say softly. I lie, because being a part of this life hasn't yet made me do such things, and that's what he was basically asking... right?

"But someday you'll have to fight bad Jujutsu Sorcerers, right?" He asks, as he goes through DVDs. "What will you do then?" he adds.

"I still wouldn't want to kill them" Itadori says, looking towards the ground.

"Why not? They're bad people" Yoshino turns, looking to where Itadori stands.

"It's like... I just think, if I killed anyone, the option of killings would force its way into my life. The value of life would become ambiguous... I wouldn't even understand the importance of those I care about anymore" Itadori looks towards me, softly staring. "And that scares me" He looks back down.

"Yoshino. I'm going to be completely honest right now" I shift in my seat so I look serious as I speak.

"Okay.." He seemed concerned for the next few words.

"I want you to understand, my past isn't the best. Like I said, I had no parental figure in my life, and the only guidance I had was how to kill" I say, and as I spoke, the boy looked like small dreams were being crushed.

"S- so.. does that mean you've killed?" He says.

"It does mean that, yes. I have not killed a single person for a while now, and I want to keep it that way. Please don't think of me any differently, it was never my choice" I say, genuinely feeling bad, but I no longer wanted to lie.