Bungee Jumping

"Yuji, are you being serious?" I look at my excited boyfriend who's holding a roll of vinyl cord that will determine whether he will break half his bones or not.

"It doesn't matter if he's serious or not!" Nobara interjects, wrapping the boy from his shoulder to his ankles.

I sigh, slowly shaking my head. "Nobara you're crazy- and you're lucky Yūji is too" I hear a dramatic gasp from the fluffy haired boy.

"I'm not crazy!" He pouts then opens his mouth to speak again, but Megumi speaks for him. "You're stupid, yes we know" He says as he massages his temple.

"I was gonna say that!!" Yūji exclaims as Nobara giggles, finishing her tie on Yūji.

"So.. are we throwing you off?" I look at Yuji and raise a brow, confused on how this is gonna happen. Before I could say much more, Yuji gets thrown off the bridge by a push from Nobara.

"KUGISAKIIII-" I hear Yuji say as he falls, soon bouncing on the cord before swinging back and forth.

Minutes pass until the swinging stops. We wait for a call from Yuji. "There's nothing" Yūji said, his voice leaking with disappointment. I sighed and helped (really on my own) bring Yūji back up.

"You're terribly heavy dimwit" Nobara said as she placed her hands on her hips and huffed.

"You barely even did anything, it was Zero who really brought him up" Megumi scratched his head, slightly confused at Nobara and how dramatic she was.

Nobara scoffed and mocked Megumi while I started to undo Yūji's cord that held him for his dear life. Really if Yūji fell, I doubt he would really get hurt to be honest.

"Thank you" Yūji smiled innocently as he stretches his arms.

>>>

Cars zoom past us and occasionally beeps will startle my classmates.

A wide yawn interrupts the silence between us four students. I pat Yuji's back while both Nobara and Megumi display a blank yet irritated expression on their face.

I yawn "it's contagious" I say as I cover my mouth. Yuji nods in agreement.

"Um..." Nobara looks at the both of us awkwardly.

"So.. where exactly is this curse supposed to be?" Yuji asks, leaving us in a complete silence.

Well great.

>>>

"So you gonna start over? For real?" Nobara asks as we all begin to eat our lunch.

"We couldn't even feel a trace of the curse" Megumi responds... We really couldn't. It was hard to find anything.

"Well, there is possibly many others who are cursed" I add, believing we cannot really waste much time. I take a bite of my food and look over to Yuji.

"This is a paranormal spot, right?" Yuji says before taking a bite of his food.

"Why?" Nobara crosses her arms as she asks the boy.

"We mustn't waste time" I stuff my hands in my pockets and watch as Yuji agrees.

He seemed much more serious, in concern or worry. "it's guaranteed we're gonna have more deaths, theres plenty of others who have been cursed... the death rate's at 100%"

"I don't wanna see any other's die" I add

Nitta suddenly seemed to have an idea, smiling bright and pointing her finger up. "DUNG! Bungee jumping was all the rage back then, so maybe the act of jumping off is the key!" She exclaimed, quite proud of herself for coming up with that.

"Did she really just say dung?!" I look back to see Yūji and Nobara completely in awe when looking at Nitta. They must have found it adorable...?

"Doesn't matter, Itadori already tried that" I turn to Megumi who was implying what happened a few hours ago.

"WA- He didn't really jump off with that vinyl cord tied to you did ya?!" She shouted in a state of panic. She covered her ears as she couldn't control her own thoughts, imagining what must have happened.

Our moment had been interrupted, a guy on a motorcycle came to us "Hey! There you are! Oh thank goodness! Fushiguro" He seemed relieved, as if he were looking for Megumi for a while.

He began to explain, we were talking about the bridge and knew to find us here. He presented his older sister, who began to explain the connection we've been making. She turned into a slight panic, so this made me sure she must be next. The older sister kept her eyes on the ground as Nitta asked a few questions about it, believing this girl might have been cursed.

The girl mentioned that they went to the bridge as a test of courage. Three people, herself, someone else and Megumi's sister, Tsumiki. Unfortunately.. she's in a coma.

Megumi responded as if nothing was wrong, though when Nitta walked them away, he looked down and froze up, reminded of his sister and what's really doing on with her.

"Megumi.." I look up at him, unsure of what to do. Though, Yūji grabbed him by the shoulders, repeating his name and telling him to snap out of it.

Megumi simple gave Yūji a "I'm alright" as if he wasn't just seating literal beads of panic. I scoffed and crossed my arms. "Hang on, I just need a moment" He added, still keeping his eyes to the ground. He walked off, looking like he was about to take a call. He disappeared from our view, leaving the three of us alone.

"Well.. I guess we wait"

>>>

Megumi came back, leading us to the car forcefully. He seemed as if what he were to do after this, was urgent. He stayed calm and explained that the job was given to higher sorcerers since the situation was worse than anticipated. Yūji questioned him, asking why he wasn't coming with us, though he wanted to say his goodbyes to someone? It seemed suspicious, Megumi doesn't care much about those things, but I complied.

"I wonder how he's holding up" Yūji says quietly, the both of us sitting in the back while Nobara in the front with Nitta. They were in conversation about some new fashion trend so they didn't care nor hear what we say.

"Me too" I rest my head on his shoulder. "You think he'll be okay?" I open Yūji's hand, making circles with my finger in the palm of his hand.

"I know he will be, even if it takes a while.. he's strong and he's smart" Yūji kissed my forehead and rested his head on mine.

A/N: Haha.. hey. So It's summer for me now, so I thought I'd try to motivate myself to actually update. I hope this chapter is acceptable for your long wait, the next chapter will have a lot of action so stay tuned. I may start weekly updates in hopes to get back into a real schedule.

I hope this story was not forgotten, that theres actually people who still would like updates and want to read. Thank you all for the support so far, truly.