One on One

This chapter does not contain spoilers

The girl who resembles Maki points her revolver at me, preparing to shoot as I run towards her in zig-zags. Her focus was hard to put onto me, I could tell since her hand was shifting from side to side. She's also shaking, I wonder what could that be for.

"I'd like you to know beforehand, I'm using real bullets on you" She smirks, thinking it would affect my movement. I assume she believes she has somewhat of an upper hand, though I still cannot underestimate her, I barely know her.

I get close enough for an uppercut, which I do act on. "Real bullets? What other bullets would you use?" I look down at her as she gets up. She spits into the grass and looks up at me with anger, but also a bit of surprise.

"Well... I usually use rubber bullets" She says as I help her up, she glances at her weapon and soon looks to me. I assume I keep surprising her, with her constant change in aura. She probably though I would be different?

"Why are you helping me up?" She blanks out.

"Well.. I don't need to kill you" I say, taking steps back and assuming a defensive stance. I chuckle, finding it more fun than anything.

I shouldn't be wasting time like this though, we should get to the curses rather than fighting. With the Kyoto students chasing myself and Yuji down, it may give a chance for our school to actually win this. I won't worry too much.

"That's too bad. I'm here to kill you" She says in a stern tone, which slightly concerns me. Her sudden mood change was entertaining, who knew she would go from nervous, to surprised, to cocky!

"You want to kill me?" I say as I watch her prepare to fight me once again. I patiently watch, she struggled to keep herself concentrated and calm at the same time.

I was fine with the idea of her killing me, it's an ever so familiar feeling that I kind of yearned for. When you have someone chasing you, you're not bored. You have the thrill of suspense and choosing whether to run, hide, or fight, all in the matter of seconds.

The problem with someone wanting to kill me, is that their death creeps up faster than they would have wanted. It's sad for them, especially when they are sure they have the upper hand, but they don't.

"That's the plan. There is no need for you and that abomination within you" It struck me slightly, even if she meant Nariko, it felt as if one of my superiors from back then had spoken.

OUCH. Ha kidding, I want to kill this bitch though.

I don't show it, but it did bother me. Being criticized was a normal thing in my old academy. Even if I didn't show it, it did hurt me. I don't want to hurt the girl, but if she continues to give me nostalgia I won't be able to control myself. Words like abomination, monster, machine, and so on, strike hard, when they are directed towards me. I guess I forgot the feeling, so having it come up suddenly startled me.

"Well, come on" I say, watching as she still stands in place, but points her revolver towards me. This girl can't fight? Does she have any other skill rather than being a weapon specialist like Maki? I mean it's fine, but it can be a weakness against a few opponents.

"Wow. So I'm guessing you're not the best in actual hand in hand combat. You replace your physical skill with assistance of some weapon" I say, dodging each bullet and nearing her. Her bullets get near, I'm impressed, she's a pretty sharp shooter, though I can only assume her lack of aim is due to her emotions.

She backs slowly, in hopes I wouldn't near her. "What if I take the gun away? Thankfully I am skilled at both, so maybe give me a gun and we can be on even grounds" I say still slowly getting close to her. Offering the idea surprises her, but it's true, she wouldn't have to worry about me actually hitting her, but having a shoot out. Wouldn't she be more comfortable?