Baseball

"So you've never played" Megumi looks over to me, I feel his stare and it's as if he were nervous.

"Once" I press my lips together as we watch Nishimiya get scolded by Mai.

"NISHIMIYA DONT RUN YET!" Mai shouts angrily.

"Huh?! Why?!" The girl responds to the Zenin.

"I do know how to play though" I grin, looking over to Megumi who was already looking at me.

"You better! We need to win this!" Nobara cheers and claps, soon bringing her attention to Yuji who's playing catcher.

"Oh, we will" I smile.

I see the Kamo Clan guy walk for batter. He stands in front of Yuji, though they both seem to be talking to each other instead of playing.

He easily misses the ball and Yuji catches it with ease. I expect the referee to say a trigger word so I cover my ears and look away.

I hum, hoping that the man had said it so I could let go. I take deep breaths and let go, soon finding Nobara gone from her seat and Megumi looking at me alongside Inumaki.

"Mustard leaf?" Inumaki furrows his eyebrows.

"It's a long story" I force a smile and look back up to see Yuji jogging over.

"Did you see me?! (Y/n)? Did you see me?!" He sits beside me and smiles bright with pink cheeks.

"Yes, I did. Good job" I ruffle up his hair and look up again, seeing Nobara in a confident pose.

"You can call me Tohoku's Masahiro Tanaka!" Nobara says, standing as baseman.

"Who's that?" I scratch my head.

"Tohoku's Tanaka is... Tanaka" Megumi begins to ponder.

"Tanaka's a pitcher anyway" Yuji says.

"Fish Flakes" Inumaki adds.

"WAIT A MINUTE" Kugisaki panics, seeing a pitching machine instead of a person.

"Is that supposed to be Mechamaru?" I ask Megumi.

He nods slowly and we all look back up to see her run. I'm guessing she got a hit and jheez she is very competitive.

"She's nuts" Megumi says blankly.

"Hey, she got on base" Yuji adds as we all observe her speed and skill.

Soon Fushiguro is up on batter, than Panda and soon it's my turn to be pitcher.

Here in front of me stands Mai as batter and behind is Yuji as catcher. I stretch out and get the ball passed to me.

I bring my leg up and as my arm winds back my leg helps me push the ball further. Mai steps away, scared of the ball, soon passing Yuji and referee as well.

The ball rips through the metal fencing and I sigh. "Apologies!" I wave at the referee who gives me another ball.

"Just try going a little lighter" Maki says awkwardly as she leans towards me and her hand cuffed around the side of her mouth.

"Got it" I go again, much lighter which makes Mai miss. She seemed nervous, I don't have any intention to really hurt her. I liked the scare though.

She misses and the call for strike announces before I could cover my ears.

"Strike!"

I feel like my body is going on rest mode, all my muscles are far less tense and my mind clears. I take a step forward but resist, this shit has to ruin everything doesn't it?