Game time (part 1)

Amity stared at Luz for a good minute before reacting.

"You think you know what happened to Boscha?" Amity clarified, sounding as confused as she looked.

Luz nodded frantically. "Yeah! Don't tell me you buy the whole 'I went to live with my cousins randomly in the middle of the school year just because' thing." She said with a slight note of disbelief at the thought that Amity could believe what had obviously been a well-crafted lie.

Amity rested her head in her open palm and sighed. "Yes it did seem fake when I first heard it but what proof do we have that Boscha isn't okay? Besides what do you think happened to her?"

"Okay, I think this is because of the enhanced hearing thing cause like you know werewolf senses and stuff-" Luz cut herself off when she realized that she was rambling. She glanced up at Amity, expecting the girl to have an exasperated or impatient look on her face but Amity maintained her cool gaze, not showing a hint of her being bothered by Luz's small rant. Luz shook her head and continued. "But yeah, so I heard Mrs. Stuart talking to those cousins on the phone and it turns out Boscha never went to see them."

Amity hummed, partially expecting something like this to have happened. "I see. So what you think you know what actually happened to Boscha?"

Luz nodded. "Yes, hear me out. She was taken by the MK."

Amity held Luz's stare for a total of twenty seconds before snorting. "Hey! What did I say that was funny?" Luz exclaimed in offense. Amity waved her hand at her dismissively as she tried to contain her chuckle.

"Luz, the MK is done and over with-"

"That's the thing they're not!" Luz stressed. Amity paused for a second but Luz didn't leave her time to say anything before continuing. "Willow said that we only dealt with a small part of the MK. There are more of them out there."

Amity huffed, usually Luz would have felt that her mate's annoyance was directed at her but she could clearly feel that Amity was annoyed at this situation, not her. "That would make sense I suppose," Amity mumbled to herself, tapping a finger against her chin. Luz couldn't help but stare at the small scars that were still present there. They didn't look old, if anything they still seemed quite fresh and Luz couldn't figure out what could have happened to Amity.

Unless she did that to herself.

"So what do you suggest we do?" Amity continued. "It's clear that Boscha is most likely in some sort of trouble but how can we help?"

Luz pondered for a moment, unaware of the way Amity was staring at her. But who could blame her? Luz just did that little pouty thing with her lips whenever she was thinking hard about something and Amity found that so cute. How was she not supposed to stare?

"Wait I know!" Luz exclaimed, momentarily surprising Amity who had been too absorbed in looking at Luz to realize that anything else had been happening around her.

"Huh?" Amity asked, confused.

Luz grinned and pointed a finger at Amity. "You can use your keen werewolf senses to sniff her out!"

"Keen werewolf senses?" Amity repeated dumbly.

"Yes," Luz stated. "You can turn into your werewolf form and smell for Boscha's trail."

Amity raised an eyebrow. "Do you take me for some kind of bloodhound?" Luz paused for a moment, frowning slightly.

"You're just pulling my string aren't you?"

"I suppose in this case it would be called yanking your chain but yes." Amity teased. Luz wanted to stay mad but this was the first time she saw Amity actually smile at her like she used to, so the latina let it go and continued.