"Business trip" I answered

He nodded and started driving.

"So what happened?" He asked while looking straight

I looked at him "Nothing" I replied

"No something did, you look different. As if billion thoughts going inside your head. I can see it floating in your head."

I laughed. "Who does that? You're such a dork"

"Hey! You're more of a dork than me" he said laughing along. "So what happened?"

I sighed and explained everything from Octavia, Ashley to my parents.

As I finished, he pulled the car over and started to laugh.

I looked at him as if he's gone insane. Yes, that's the only logical reason.

"What?" I asked getting irritated.

He wiped his tears, finally caught his breath "I can't believe it happened. So you're engaged to your bully who love you since you were kids and your 'hot' teacher/neighbor is also in love with you."

"I don't think Octavia is in love. She might be just infatuated with me." I voiced my thought.

He stared driving "So who you gonna choose?"

"What you mean?" I asked confusingly

"I mean who you gonna be with? Octavia or Ashley"

I laughed loudly. He looked at me strangely. "What's so funny?

I calmed down and said "Why do you even think I'd choose anyone?"

He smirked "I didn't know you wanted a harem"

I rolled my eyes. "No loser, I don't do feelings. It's already too bad they got for me. How? It's still a mystery to me"

He hummed and went silent.

It was unlikely for him to not say anything.

We reached at our destination and he pulled over in driveway.

There wasn't any noise so party was out of options. Why are we here?

"Why are we here?" I asked him.

He looked at me, "It's a small gathering of close friends"

"last time I checked I wasn't friends with them and definitely don't know them" I said nonchalantly

"Well love, they know you" He took my hand and dragged me inside.

Last time I came here it was full of people. Now it was quiet. It's huge inside.

"Dave!" I heard someone shout. I looked at the direction.

It was a young guy and a girl . Both redhead.

"Hey man!" David gave him a side hug.

"Alex this is Brian and you already Addy. Guys this is Alex." David introduced us.

Addison was looking at me the whole time. It was a bit uncomfortable. I thought after last encounter we'd have some tension to continue what we left off but no. It was like she was trying to read me.

We started walking to be their living room, I pulled David, he looked at me confusingly.

"I want you to answer me honestly. Did you ever had any conversation about me with Addison or Brian?" I asked firmly

"Yeah, Addison asked me about you and we were drunk so I don't really remember what I told her about you." He answered chuckling. "By the way she's the one who asked me to tag you along."