Chapter 9

"WHAT!" Ashley and I both shouted.

We both looked at each other in shock and she gave me a disgusted look looking at me. I rolled my eyes.

"What do you mean engaged!? I'm still 17 for god's sake!" she said looking at her parents.

I was still in shock, but it was a funny situation though, her being devastated. I internally laughed.

"You are were kinda engaged since when you were kids" her dad said to her.

I almost forgot she was engaged to me!!

"Mom, dad" I looked at both of them, "can you please explain the situation" I asked them politely even though I just wanna leave the house and slam the door. Hard.

My dad sighed. "You both know James and Victoria are our childhood friends", I nodded. "Just like every bestfriend, we also had dreams about our kids being bestfriends, lovers and marry each other." I was glaring him hard.

"So when you both were 5 yr old, we kind of made that arrangements. It's also a businessman alliance, partnership. Your parents company and ours are going to merge after your marriage" Victoria added

"considering you guys are bestfriends, why need our marriage? You can do it by yourself without involving us" I questioned Victoria.

"Who doesn't like cliché?" My dad asked rhetorically. All four of them laughed. I sighed.

"Which company are you going to merge dad?" I asked my dad. Yes he also owns million dollar companies.

"Fashion, we both are merging our fashion company. After marriage Ashley will handle the fashion company and any other she wants to, and I'm hoping you will other ones." My dad said the last part looking at me.

I looked at Ashley, she was really pissed and trying not to show it here. "Dad, my friends are waiting for me, I'll talk to you at home" she said standing up. And she went.

My mom went to bring some wine and dad had a phone call from work. They made the momentum in their company and personally do a job as scientists in a company. They love it that much. They weekly do their own company work.

I'm not really interested in owning the company, it's a lot of work. I'd rather pick a corner and hibernate.

"You should really take her consent on this" I said to James and Victoria. They smiled.

"Ashley is very hard person, a bit spoiled you can say" Victoria chuckled. " And you're just opposite" she added. I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"We know all about you, let's just say we weren't just physically present here while you were growing up." James said.

"That actually makes sense a lot." I nodded. "look, I don't have any really problem other than her being ..very .. handful and she hates me." I added.

They widely smiled.

I looked at them confusedly. "Oh honey, give her time. You know there's very thin line between love and hate" Victoria winked at me.

Before I saw anything my parents came and started taking. I know my time is over here. "Mom, I'm going out" she just nodded without looking at me, sipping her wine and laughing.

I sighed. Some things will never change.

I took my keys and walked to the garage. I opened my car gate and sat. I was pissed, like really pissed. First of all how dare she judging my personality when she's a fucking bully and bitch herself. Second, my parents forcing me to marry her for their selfish-immature reasons. I can't really say no to them. I owe them my life