Chapter 8

I was lying on my bed, too lazy to get up. It's 8 in morning. I wasn't on mood to go for run, thanks to the surprise news from my mom yesterday. My parents don't really 'surprise' me, so I'm quite worried. The only surprise they gave me was 'moving to new town.'

I took a joint from my cupboard, lit it and took a long puff, man this is relaxing...

Mom already prepared the food for god knows how many people. It's like she's feeding the while country! Dad and mom, both are home, took the day off for the guests when they can't for me, not that I expect them to now.

Victoria and James can be here anytime. I remember them after the talk with mom. They are the sweetest, used to buy be candies and chocolates when my mom refused years ago. They used to visit us and we them. They are quite rich from what I've heard. James is a businessman, millionaire and Victoria is his wife and business partner. I hope they are not snotty rich people.

They can be here anytime, I'm not really excited to meet them to be honest. It's been a while and I don't know how I'm supposed to react, should I hug them? Or shake the hands? I don't know.

I let a sigh escape my lips, looking out of the window as I blew off the smoke outside. I saw a Mercedes in our driveway, ..they are here earlier than I thought they would...

I took my sweet time, letting myself get down from high. Nobody called me down there so it was a good sign. I waited for an hour before talking myself in to go down.

I got up, went to bathroom. Washed my face, let my hair down and looked in the mirror. My honey orbs didn't really look like they're high. ...okay Alex, take a deep breath...now exhale slowly. I looked again and smiled. ...Good...

I came out, opened my closet and changed into simple yet elegant clothes. Let's just say it's black and white.

I came out of room and heard people laughing out loud. I went downstairs and saw people there.

It feels nice, almost like home, not lonely. I smiled at the thought. I know it's temporary but still nice.

My mom was in the kitchen with...I guess Victoria and dad was on couch with James and......a girl? I can see her back of her head only. She was sitting on couch facing the screen on her hand while typing on it.

I walked towards the kitchen counter. Mom was washing dishes and Victoria was sitting there.

Victoria's a beautiful woman. Blonde hair, brown eyes, she sure did took care of herself

Victoria saw me walking towards her and gave me a big smile. ... handshake or hug? Decide Alex...She stood up and gave me hiant bone crushing hug.

A hug it is.

I hugged her back as I looked at mom giving a 'motherly smile'. I internally rolled my eyes.

"You've grown up Alexandra!" Victoria said

"I'd be a problem if I didn't" I said

"Ah, still a smart mouth, I see" a manly voice said walking towards us. He was tall, more than 6 ft. He had black hair and beautiful greyish blue eyes which seemed a bit familiar not that I care though. He's handsome, I bet girls and women still swoon over him "Hey James" I said as he hugged me.

Seriously! What's with these people with bone crushing hug? I still hug him back

"We all missed you so much. It's lovely to see you all grown" Victoria said, a motherly look in her eyes and she remove a tear drop with her hand on her face. James was giving off the fatherly vibe and Victoria, motherly. It's seriously overwhelming.