Chapter 2: Dahyunie

CHAPTER 2: Dahyunie

Kim Dahyun hated the rain.

She hated how the water fall unevenly on the streets, or the sound it makes whenever it hits the roof. It gives her headaches and she hated headaches. Good thing her best friends, Tzuyu and Chaeyoung were always with her when it rains. Tzuyu even offers to play Uno sometimes to distract herself from the rain.

Dahyun loved her friends, especially Chaeyoung and Tzuyu. Chaeyoung and her had been best friends since 3rd grade. When Dahyun was eight, she always wanted to have a circle of friends, but she read somewhere that there needs to be three or more people for it to be a circle. She cried for days when she realized that when you count Chaeyoung and Dahyun, it was only two. Not three. So when a Taiwanese little girl came in their school, Chaeyoung did not hesitate to ask her to be their friend, so Dahyun would finally stop crying. The thing was, Tzuyu did not accept the offer.

But when a little girl walked up to her and begged her, she accepted. Only because she felt bad that the little girl kept whining ‘it's supposed to be three! we need to be three!’. But when she finally got to know the two, she realized that it wouldn't be that bad to have these two goofball in her life.

“Dubu, you're spacing out again.” Chaeyoung, the short girl blurted out as she bit the sandwich she brought at the cafeteria.

Tzuyu sat in front of Dahyun at their usual table. “Is it because of the rain? Chaeyoung, where's Davely?” the Taiwanese girl asked, because she knew how much it helps Dahyun.

Davely is Dahyun's plushy. It was just about the size of her palm, but it can come in handy. She got Davely when they went to a carnival in middle school. She kept playing at the claw machine to get it, but then out of nowhere, Tzuyu threw a huge rock at it, causing the glass to break into pieces. Dahyun got startled at first, but calmed down when Chaeyoung went inside the machine to get Davely and gave it to her with a brave and proud smile. She knew that in that moment, she would never let go of her best friends and Davely.

“I don't know! I didn't see her take it with her earlier! Shit, is it lost?” Chaeyoung answered.

Tzuyu glared, “No, it can't be– I swear, Chae–”

You must be wondering why were the two so worried about Davely being lost.

Dahyun have autism. She was diagnosed when she was four. Her parents began suspecting it when they realized how she barely socialize with other kids and always having her own world. At first, Dahyun's parents were scared. They didn't know what to do since she was their only child and was supposed to be the heir of their company, Kim Corp. They were worried and thought about putting her to adoption and try for another child, but failed. What kind of parents would even think about that? They hated themselves for not even giving the little kid a chance, so they put her in a therapy to help her with her condition.

Mr. and Mrs. Kim were beyond happy when little Dahyun began to talk and be friends with other people that it wasn't even about the company anymore. It was just about a normal mother and father, seeing their child make friends for the first time.

Eventually, they started to care less about Dahyun being an heir, or the next CEO of their business. They only cared about her doing whatever she liked and if she was happy and passionate about it.

“Dubu!”

A high pitched voice interrupted Chaeyoung and Tzuyu's bickering. The former looked behind the latter, only to see Hirai Momo, with Minatozaki Sana behind her running towards their table.

“Hi, Momo and Sana.” Chaeyoung greeted the two while Tzuyu didn't even bother to look at them. She was busy thinking of where she might have put Davely.