Chapter 23: Let Me

CHAPTER 23: Let Me

Kim Dahyun was confused.

She didn't know why, but Sana had been acting really weird around her lately. No, not the ‘you won't talk to me, then I won't talk to you’ kind of weird. In fact, it was quite the opposite. The girl would often cling to her, always grabbing the opportunity to talk to her or even spend little times with her. She was acting like the way she used to before.

Like seven years ago.

But she knew that ‘clinginess’ and always demanding for skinships was just natural for the brunette. It was Sana, after all.

Dahyun's train of thoughts were cut off when the girl in question called for her attention.

“Dahyunie!” the Japanese shouted from where she was sitting, which was the living room of Park Jihyo and Kang Daniel's house as Dahyun stood by the doorstep, holding a present for Jihyo.

Jihyo had invited the girls to come over her house to celebrate her 6th year of wedding anniversary with Daniel. The girls were scattered around the living room except for Momo and Tzuyu. They seemed to have a really serious conversation at the front porch.

Dahyun showed Sana a toothy smile before making her way towards Jihyo and Daniel, who were entertaining some of the guests. “Happy anniversary, Jihyo unnie and Daniel oppa.”

The older woman unwrapped her arms around her husband's waist to greet Dahyun, showing off her big smile, “Dahyun! I'm glad you made it!”

“Yes. Me too. I– I have a gift for the both of you.” Dahyun then extended her arm with the presents in her hand. “I couldn't wrap it in gift wrapper because– because Chae took them all. I didn't know where she put it.”

Jihyo's eyes softened as she looked at the girl in appreciation, “Aw, Dubs, you know you didn't have to.”

The raven haired girl ruffled her hair, shaking her head, “No. I did not know that. Nayeon unnie said that I have to get you a gift. So I did.”

“Oh.” Jihyo chuckled in amusement.

“I am going to the living room now.” Dahyun informed the couple, “Happy anniversary again.” she added, leaving the two just standing there.

It might seem like Dahyun was upset about the gift thing because of her actions earlier, but she wasn't. In fact, she was actually excited that she got to give her Jihyo unnie a present. She loved giving presents to the people she cared about.

When Dahyun arrived at the living room, she automatically made her way to the seat next to Chaeyoung, but she got a little surprised and confused when Sana told her to take the spot next to her instead. “Sit with me, Dahyunie.”

Dahyun didn't mind though, so she decided to shuffle towards the Japanese then tried to make herself comfortable. But that idea was immediately thrown out when Sana leaned her body closer to the raven haired girl, making the latter shiver.

“I bet you ₩100,000, Momo and Tzuyu are dating.” Jeongyeon bursted as she smoothly placed her arm around Nayeon's shoulder.

Chaeyoung chuckled, “I say ₩250,000, they're not.”

Mina, who had her head resting above Chaeyoung's shoulder moved to face the younger girl. “Are you really going to waste your money over Tzuyu's relationship with Momo?”

“It's not going to waste if I'm right.” the cub answered confidently before averting her gaze to Dahyun. “What about you, Dahyun? Wanna join the bet?”

Invisible String (Saida/Michaeng)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें