Chapter 15: Is it My Fault?

CHAPTER 15: Is it My Fault?

7 Years Later

Minatozaki Sana hated Sundays. Not just because the streets were so busy, but also because it was the last day of the weekend. Which also meant that she had to go to work the next day. She had been working none stop the past few years and she was so tired and needed to take a break. A one rest day wasn't even enough at this point. She wanted to take a week or a month vacation out of town, but she knew she couldn't.

Being the founder and CEO of her own company, FANCY Cosmetics Inc. wasn't easy, and hard was an understatement. After four years of taking over the Minatozaki's family business, she got tired of her step mother's bossy and judgy attitude. She always told her what to do and gave her a really hard time. So years after, she finally decided to be her own woman and started her own business. And it turned out to be very successful.

“Ma'am, are you okay?” her young assistant, Lia asked from beside her. They were both inside a car, and Sana was supposed to be in a meeting for another well-known company in South Korea.

Yes. She was currently in South Korea, but not because she was planning to try and reconcile with all the people she once left and stay for good. No. She was there for work, and work only.

Sana turned her head to look at the girl, “Yes, why?”

“I asked if you wanted to go straight ahead at the meeting, or would you wanna go to your house first? Wait– you do have a house here, right?”

“Actually, I have to go and meet an old friend of mine first. Just drop me off at this address,” Sana flaunted her phone at her driver to show the said address.

It wouldn't be so bad if she talked to at least one of them, right?

Lia nodded, “Okay, Ms. Minatozaki. Do you want me to accompany you?”

Sana shook her head then smiled at her assistant. “No. You can have the day off.”

“But what about the meeting?”

“Reschedule it for tomorrow.”

Lia's forehead creased as she looked at her boss with an addled expression, “But Ms. Minatozaki, we can't just do that. We've been planning on–”

“Look, Liz–”

“Lia.” the girl corrected.

“–Lia, just do as I say, okay? I needed to take a break for at least another day or I'll lose my sanity permanently.” Sana practically begged as she gave her assistant a puppy dog eyes. She knew it worked for everyone.

Lia sighed in defeat. She couldn't really do anything since it was her boss she was talking to. “Alright, Miss. I'll reschedule the meeting.” she started, making the brunette grin widely, “but it's not my fault if they decided to cancel it officially.”

“Don't worry. It wouldn't be a big deal.” Sana reassured, still wearing a smile on her face.

About an hour later, the driver dropped off Lia at the hotel she was staying for a while then drove Sana to the given address. It's been a while since she saw a familiar face other than her best friend, Momo, who had her own famous music and dance school. She was so proud of her when she heard of how good and successful Momo's business was going. The dancer only stayed at Japan for three years before going back to South Korea and pursue her dream of teaching young children to do music and dance.

The driver, whose name was still unknown for Sana, stopped the car in front of a restaurant then stepped out to open the door for the brunette. “We're here, ma'am.” he offered his hand to assist her, but just Sana dismissed it as she got out of the car on her own.