Chapter 31: I Love You Too

A/N: sigh... Don't worry. It's nothing hardcore bc y'all wanted Dahyun to top. 😗✌️

+maybe i'm embarrassed 😬

CHAPTER 31: I Love You Too

Kim Dahyun was unusually quiet.

In Sana's opinion, at least. The dark haired girl would usually start asking random questions out of nowhere as soon as they step inside their home, but this time, she didn't. Her lips were pursed and she didn't even bother to look at her girlfriend's direction. “Hey, babe. You okay?”

Dahyun glanced at her, then back at the empty space. “Yes. Are you?”

“Yeah, why wouldn't I be?”

“I don't know.” she replied simply. Now Sana was sure that something was up.

“What's going on with that little head of yours?” Sana asked, wrapping her arms around the girl's petite body as they lay there on the comfortable matress.

“I wanna tell you something I've been wanting to say seven– seven years ago.”

Then the atmosphere grew a little tensed as Dahyun's tone changed to a grave one. Sana rarely hears that kind of tone, especially from the younger girl. “Go ahead.”

“If I tell you this... You're not going to leave, right?”

Sana had no clue where did she get that idea from so she just frowned and face her girlfriend. “You know I won't. I'd never leave you, Dahyunie.”

Dahyun sighed deeply and Sana could almost feel everything the former was feeling inside all at once. Insecurity, uncertainty, relief and more that she couldn't gauge. Not sure of what to do, she held the Korean even tighter and wished that that small gesture at least did something to help her feel at ease. She also wished that she could say something– the right words to say and reassure that she wasn't going anywhere. Not now. Not ever. She just hope that it wasn't one-sided.

“I talked to Jeongyeon unnie today.”

Sana hummed in response, subtly inhaling the girl's silvery scent.

“We talked about our relationship.”

“Our relationship?” Sana forced herself to detach her head away from the girl's neck, “Why?”

“She said– she said that I should tell and talk about my real feelings with you.”

“Aren't your feelings for me are already real?”

Unless Dahyun was tired of her bullshit which was very unlikely as her only ‘bullshit’ that her friends considered was her clinginess and Dahyun seemed to really love it. Or tolerate it, at least.

“They are. Just– just not saying them enough.” Dahyun's fingers absentmindedly played with her hair and it made her eyelids feel heavy.

“Hm,” the brunette murmured, “You can say it now.”

“I love you.”

Sana didn't know how much she actually wanted to hear those three words come out of her girlfriend's mouth until she did. It might sound absurd and ridiculous for other people, but those simple words erupted something within Sana's heart. It made her insides flutter and she couldn't believe herself that Dahyun's three little words wield such power and even if the Korean had voiced it with just simplicity, the brunette felt everything.

Her love. The thing that Sana had been yearning for ever since she laid her eyes on her.

It was so simple and yet held a lot of meaning for her. She wished– no. She hoped that that love will last forever.