Chapter 5-Zelda's lullaby

Note: ty for sticking around. I didn't mean for last chapter to be so deep lmao but these next chapters will have a lot going on, so sorry for the slow beginning :D

_________________________________

Mipha

'I feel quite selfish. I've never really felt like this before. While I watch as her majesty fully announces his role...I can't help but think...out of everyone...why him? I just feel so strange. But yet I still decide to watch as her majesty continues the ceremony. It's not like I could leave- and I didn't want to. I know Zelda had memorised every line, and all when she was so very young of age because all princesses knew these lines just incase--and she had nothing better to do which does sadden me, especially with that upset look in her eye...

She just looks so sad...
No-
More than that.
I wish for her happiness. I really do.

But the thing that I find so selfish of me is that I still keep my eyes on him. Even after knowing that the Princess seems heartbroken. I'm still unsure why, but I can feel it. None of my healing powers can heal a broken heart. And I wish I could, but if only it was that simple.

Her majesty, Zelda...I am unsure if she knows his name.
But...But I do.

Link.'

Thinking of that name gave Mipha instant flashbacks of all her memories from the past. If you didn't know, she knew him before he followed in his Fathers footprints. They were childhood friends.

 They were childhood friends

'It's so strange. His eyes were once full of happiness and life. But now...they were cold. Just cold. And full of no emotion.'

Mipha knew Link when he was very little. She watched him grow up. Because Mipha was part of the Zora, She grew up slowly. So her life span compared to Links was quite different, given that he was Hylian.

'I should be very happy to see he is now given the role he deserves. But it still makes me feel odd. he's changed so much since I last saw him.

Perhaps one day I shall talk to him.
It's been too long.