Chapter 22- Excitement

Eleanor

As the bright sun shone upon Eleanors fair skin. She couldn't help for time to go slow as she enjoyed the sound of the tweeting birds, the wind picking up, and their shoes crunching the light debris on the path that they gently walked on.

'I'm...glad.

Glad she's getting back to her normal self. It feels too good to be true...but we're getting somewhere.

I know she struggles...but I just hope she knows how much her best friend loves and cares for her. And, everyone else. I want to enjoy this before she goes back to her usual self. Locked away from the world.

And the way she looks at Link......it's interesting.

I just hope Hylia has a plan for all this. Otherwise...I don't know what to do.

I just want Zelda to be....happy.

I know I can't wish for her to magically be back to when she was little. But I want her to feel better than that.
After all, she deserves it.
If she wasn't so hard on herself...her eyes would be full of anything but what they are now. And it hurts. I wonder how it would feel to be in her shoes...'

...

Zelda

As Zelda continued to gently smile brightly, she tried imagine how the day could go as she watched Capsian run along down the path close to the castle.

"You don't think he's gonna kidnap us, do you?" Zelda laughed while the wind blew a cool breeze through her thick hair.

"Oh really?...A man trusted by the King himself, would stupidly want to kidnap right close to the castle, with a knight that has the strength equivalence to the whole of Hyrule combined?" Eleanor giggled as she waved her hands around.

"Haha I'm kidding, El! He's...trusted for now, I can feel it..." Zelda smiled.

"Oh so we're bringing back nicknames?"

Zelda quickly realised what she had just said, and just thinking about it...brought back so many childhood memories of when they'd give each other nicknames when they were very little.
It all stopped after her mother's death. After that, she tried to focus on her role only. She had no choice.

Hylia, she even forgot many parts of her life due to trauma of her mother's death. Now that things felt...different, she felt it easier to think of the past again. Maybe even possibly let go...but she didn't go too far with that just yet.

Maybe now that she felt calmer...she could be happy like when she was as a child. She felt like things were different now. She was finally taking in the advice told to her for years by the ones she loved.