Chapter 7-Zelda's study

Zelda

'It had been a while after my encounter with my Father and Sir Caspian. But I still felt so stressed so I decided to not think much about it...especially our last conversation.'

Zelda had a few ways to calm her nerves and not all of them worked.

Sometimes it just depended on the day or how she felt for some methods to work. But today she had decided to go to her Study. And of course Link followed.

Zelda sat down on a large wooden chair, Zelda's study was not that far from her chambers and that's why she went there regularly. It had become a very interesting hobby to do, especially when she had nothing else to do except work.

 It had become a very interesting hobby to do, especially when she had nothing else to do except work

She had books upon books. All stacked around her to an incredible height. There were many boxes around; some even had old, valuable items in them. There were bits and pieces of old Hylian tech. You'd expect half of the items to be found in an ancient tech lab that Purah and Robbie owned.

Link stood by the door almost as if he was marking his territory around the Princess. But Zelda knew he was just standing there to give her as much Privacy as possible and out of respect so he could also do his job to protect her.

Zelda also had a large table in front of her, it was made of solid oak and this was where most of the papers and books lay.

On the right to the table was a massive bookshelf, it looked incredibly old and had even more items and books. There were ancient screws and small pieces from guardians.

There was also a large, gold window on the wall in front of her. She loved how her table was right in front of the window because she enjoyed the fresh air that would blow in her face from time to time. It helped her relax.

You'd expect her to be furious that Link was there. She knew none of this was his fault but at the same time...she still had a piece of her that felt like she should be angry. Every time she looked at him...all she saw was her own failures looking back at her.

She always felt instant regret for disliking him with no actual reason to. Especially with the sad, innocent look in his eye. But she couldn't help it, and that's why her opinion on him...and her opinion on everything was so messed up.

She had done so much research and always thought it was a waste of time... especially because at times when she felt like she was failing the most, she believed that it was her slacking causing her lack of concentration and work.

Her Father caught her not doing her duties a few times and told her it was pointless to sit in her study all day. A few times he'd caught her relaxing in the grass and taking pictures of the silent princess flowers with the sheikah slate.

There were many more examples. But this didn't mean Zelda did no work at all. She just couldn't handle all the endless days of work, work and more work. She felt as if she got nothing out of doing that.
This is what made her feel unworthy of her role and she felt like a huge dissapointment compared to other Princesses. Even facing her people was a struggle, because she knew even if she tried to be the best...she couldn't face her role properly after a certain death.